This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,391 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

what's the most dangerous thing you ever did in your life ? (1202 views, 46 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

The most dangerous thing I ever done in my life,is sky diving . I was 26 years old when I stated to Sky dive . The first time I did it , I was scared as you know what. When it was time to jump ,I looked down and I started sweating bullets and I did not want to jump . Tim said, are you a little chicken ,I bet you are ,I bet your not a man if you don't jump .He was getting under my skin , with all that talk .I closed my eyes and jump off the plane . As soon as I felt the air hitting on my face , I opened my eyes and thought to myself , this is not to bad at all . I open my parachute at 5,000.00 feet like Tim told me to and it was smooth sailing after that .When I touched down on the round I forgot to run it out and I flopped like a fish when I hit that ground .Man that hurt .Tim told me that I did good on my first jump , but he told me , remember to run as soon as you land , so you will not get hurt.After that I jumped 4 times and then I stopped doing it ,because I got me a second job. ...
Read more

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy My first dive was alone too. I got scared out there hanging on to the wing. The instructor said, it's easier to jump than it is to climb back in here. So I let go. lol I was also 26 at the time. smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy Tim told me that he opened his parachute at 2,000.00 feet . That is more dangerous then at 5,000.00 feet . if your parachute don't open ,then you could be a dead duck

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy wow, plenty of skydivers die, too,i heard--scary!!that was pretty gutsy,i could not do that i am afraid of heights.

God
Report comment
(5y)

Become a certified, open-water, rescue diver.

Fall in love.

Not sure which is more dangerous to be honest (only messing!!!!). smiley

+4

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ You would willfully jump into the north Atlantic? Brrrrr. Not sure if tha's brave or stoooopid.

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Haha it's worse than that. I was certificed in the Pacific and did most of the rescue dives out near the Aleutian Islands which is the dividing mark between the Bearing Sea and the Southern most part of the Pacific. Brrrrr. The Atlantic has nothing on that. Dry suits were standard.

Report comment
(5y)

@ Didn't want to detract not knowing. I was posted at Dyce Aberdeen. North sea oil workers and helicopter crews knew as standard. Hit the water even with your 'dry suit' Don't expect more than 8 mins. Mostly due to surface water conditions than the suits.

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Haha I lost 2 stone in one week just training. This was years ago. That is some scary water out there, as you well know.

Report comment
(5y)

@ yes,the ocean can be very dangerous all the riptides can carry you away,you have to be a strong swimmer and know the ocean well.--and what to do in an emergency.They report that sharks now patrol beaches where humans swim,regularly,they stay a little out of the area,and are seen waiting by helicopters.Most shark attacks occur in 10 to 15 ft.of water.owww!!

expert
Report comment
(5y)

alot of illegal stuff that includes Robbery, turf fights, armed drunk jealous racist men, stolen cars chase & crash, drank a bottle of 140 % polish vodka for a bet. I saved my sister from an alsation at the tender age of 5 maybe 6. I'd never ever dive out of a plane of my own free will though.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Smilla yes,i knew slightly a woman who had been a drug addict,and had to get them from pushers,and she had gotten her face so mutilated by them,she was ruined."Alsation"dog,or Alsation human?

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I got married.

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Komorebi Worse....I had children.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater At least you didn't have to grow them inside you. Still, you are brave to have them.

I was never tempted. So, I didn't. smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater the thing about kids,is having 3 or 4,or more kids,can wreck a womans' plumbing very badly.you are never the same-and the pregnancy is dangerous too,and more dangerous to carry to term,than an abortion.Then,after all that,it is usualy all the woman's job to RAISE THEM FROM BABIES.that is very difficult training,it is a lot of work.
The husband does have to make a living for it.--and put up with kids.KIds are a ton of work,and if you have other important things in your life,often,you cannot do both.;Women who work with kids (especially alone)are some of the most stressed out people.it is horrible;how did you kids be a huge burden to you?money?what?

Report comment
(5y)

@Komorebi Very brave.

+1

senior guru

Probably also a SkyDive - although only one tandem jump.
Also the most exhilarating thing I've ever done, and one of the few things on my turning 40 bucket list that actually happened.

I am terrified of heights, and I did hope doing that might cure me. Nope. Still can't climb a ladder to change a lightbulb. Oddly though - I think maybe because perception is different once you're up there - my vertigo was not at all triggered jumping out of a plane.

I've also been in two serious car crashes - and walked away with nothing but a few bruises, but as that was not intentional I don't think it counts really.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I tickled a mouse smiley

Did waste a guy brandishing a knife but I think it was pure fear that got me going still think about it.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@torrac yeah a lot of us get assaulted or hit with burglary,theft,or "muggings"by firearm.--Recently some guy in San Francisco,or near,went crazy,and started killing everyone with a sharp knife.-these "knife attacks"seem to be happening a lot now.wow, yes,I would not do that,I would run. hah.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

My biggest 'should have worn the brown pants' moment .
17, summer job, hand picking scallops off the east coast of Scotland .
Had been doing it a few weeks, getting used to the occasional seal checking me out.
One day , underwater visibility was down to around 30 feet in the murky water. I see the silhouette of the biggest shark i have ever seen. It only took around 10 seconds to realize it was a baskin shark.
But for that 10 seconds . Which felt like hours . I was about to get eaten.
Just typing this out has my heart pounding . That beautiful big scary harmless bastard ,lol

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Mark83x HAHHAH. I was kayaking just of the west coast Scotland, A seal decided to check me out and popped up elbow length from me and looked right at me. Bet my eyes were bigger then then it's. Not to mention 'brown shorts moment'

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I was gonna say married and children, well one little spawn. I love to tell long stories. 1) I fought off an attacker 2) I outran the police in a car chase 3) It's not a good idea to hang out all day in a mental health clinic... there are crazy people there. All my stories are going up on YouTube... there's more I'm afraid. Now that I think on it... a story I will get around to writing, learning how to drink & drive is the worst.

It was midnight and my curfew was 11pm. Flipped my car off the exit ramp.. when it stopped rolling the first thing I did was turn off the music. It was Judas Priest, "You gotta nother thing comin" , I swear the music didn't make me do it. I couldn't get out the car. I was terrified it would blow up like on telly. I was fine. The police told me that they thought something was wrong with me because I was so calm. He said I should have been hysterical. I was drunk and high. It wasn't the last time I ever drove over the limit. ...
Read more

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 ok you may be crazier than me, you got it!!!hah hah--yes,mental people can be dangerous.

I hope you are not doing such self-destructive things now--hope you are better off,and can get help.I was a terrible drunk,went to AA,and quit.I'm so glad i did.I'm not pushing you--just that we'd like to see you be safer. ok? I hope you feel a lot better now.All best of luck, ginger. --been there :)

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I only reminiscence about the past.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

My marriage plus smiley

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Jumped my car off the crest of a hill at 85mph. We'd done it in my buddys car at 60 so I just had to top that. Remember lookin at my 2 friends while we were airborne and their eyes were HUGE. Hit with the front end coming down so hard the frame took a divet outta the road and I thought I'd broken the steering ... we all survived.

Was almost 80' in the air in a 4' X 4' steel basket suspended on a hydraulic crane and all of a sudden the basket just dropped about 2'! Felt like the cable had snapped and with nothin but concrete below I figured I was done for, but I wasn't.

Playin in Dallas afternoon traffic at around 100mph, slipstreamin lane to lane and a car pulled over right in front of me doin about 60. Glad I was in a sports car w/4 wheel disc brakes. Had all 4 tires squallin but I made it.

Was out ridin my 750 Suzuki on the highway in high wind and all of a sudden it just blew me completely side ways a full lane width! Was sure glad there wasn't a car in that lane!
Read more

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@mrkim56 you are a risk taker;have you ever considered going on the European "Autobahn"?it's supposed to have no speed limits.--sound like your thing.

Marriage is often something people expect too much out of,now.Love,romance,sex,is not always the best basis for marriages;they are ok,but a marriage is a CONTRACT THAT PEOPLE ARE BOUND TO LIVE UP TO.It used to be,people married to have kids,a family,and for a woman,security to have a family she could not do alone.There used to be LAWS THAT CHEATERS could get a divorce,and if the woman was wronged,she got a lot of money to divorce.there used to be real laws about marriages.You were legally bound to support your kids.Marriage is HARD.it has never been easy.So people who think it's a cake walk,should not get married.I knew people divorced,who were romanced by movies,tv.music,that marriage was all romance,and they got all the wrong messages.They were not responsible;Marriage cannot take care of ALL YOUR NEEDS.It is best left to responsible adults.--not kids.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Just a thought. The most dangerous thing everyone ever done.. Taking that first breath at birth. Only one result!

Apart from that. Reaching 68.3mph on my bicycle coming down a Scottish mountain on a single track road. Yes I did have a handlebar comp. Ergo the exact speed. Talk about white knuckled sh*tless fear. Yes you can get so scared your butt seals. In the situation braking can be as dangerous as not, but being a teenager in a 'rush' more so.

Did total a car after hitting 'black ice' Went off an embankment, nose over tail then a couple of rolls. But can't say 'I done that'. Walked away because cars are designed so well.
For them that do not know what black ice is. Imagine a sheet of ice that is invisible because it is so smooth it does not reflect back and has a traction to tyre of zero. Luckily it is pretty rare on roads. Before the P.C. start. It's called black as that is the colour of the road where you don't see it, until.. OH.. ...
Read more

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 We used to get black ice on highways and roads here,used to be freezing.People put on tire chains.School buses in WA state have them.the weather almost never does that now,except we can get "ice storms"which are horrible.Driving alone is pretty dangerous,now its awful.more folks are killed by car accidents,i heard.--but you are another risk taker,it sounds like fun. :)

Report comment
(5y)

Swimming in the channel between Maui and Lanai about 1/4 mile out because I wanted to get close to the pod of Humpbacks (what an idiotic idea) and all of a sudden something slams me hard on my right side and I see what I think us a Great White Shark pass in back of me. I was sooooo freaking petrified and instincly rolled myself into a ball to hopefully keep my legs and arms from being bitten or torn off. I was in shock, weirdly my vision both blinded as well as acute at the same time waiting to react in attempting to survive the attack. With the glare from the sun on the water it was hard to see below the surface so I let myself sink down and realized that my attacker was a dolphin. My belief of the incident was that the dolphin was keeping me away from the whales to save my life because in the next few minutes a big old momma cow gave birth to a little calf no more than 40 meters away. My next fear was that after my fright, I was very, very tired, my arms like dead weights at my sides. ...
Read more

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@eyeball5 JUST TAKE A BOAT LIKE THE REST OF TOURISTS NEXT TIME,AND SOCIALIZE WITH HUMANS, EH??--and just LOOK at the dolphins?--so you'd ever recognize them in cans of tuna?

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Back atcha clarachan1355 ... risk taker? Definitely!

Pulled off more than a few death defying feats in cars and on bikes, though not in some time now. If I ever get my current hot rod project finished there's sure to be a new batch of craziness in my future.

Having run from the cops twice now I hafta say those events were a real rush too. The trick is not so much out running them as it is just gettin out of their sight then slip in some where and hide, then expect to be there a while.

I LOVE cars and goin FAST! I've always said if I died doin anything over 150mph at least I'd go out with a big smile on my face.

Regarding the marriage thing, you're right, and though 2 of the 3 were for all the wrong reasons, my final attempt was based in complete love and devotion to my wife, yet still didn work out.

From this vantage point I'm happily single and have been for over 20yrs. In that period I've had 2 more serious relationships that I felt held promise for a shared long term future together, yet those didn work out either. ...
Read more

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@mrkim56 mrkim56, you may just be too wild a person for any woman to handle--unless she has a black belt in martial arts.--or likes to see her loved one almost get killed--so she can collect on the double indemnity you witlessly paid for.In that case, I would think an Indian cab driver in NYC or a extremely liberal politician in WA DC --or a member of the Secret Service-- an Oregon Legislator, (or a tree getting burned up in Oregon wild fires) would best fit you for a match--especially the forest fire.

I always wanted to go REALLY FAST but my boyfriend would never take me, when he and his buds screamed 80 or 90 miles an hr, on the freeways illegally--poor me.But I do not like DANGEROUS ROLLAR COASTERS--SOME WOMEN USE THEM TO LOSE WEIGHT--BUT I THINK ITS THE HARD WAY.--and you can never tell your nasty date "where to get off!"--he can't.but, yes, i always watched those MOVIES, and hoped i would be re-encarnated as a race car driver in the INDY 500.--but i'd have ta lose weight to fit in the CAR.
Read more

master
Report comment
(5y)

i tried to reply"most dangerous thing i ever did" twice none of them ever got posted,why?????

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 ok, swimming the channel is dangerous--but heroic--did the Channel itself ever acknowledge you?a couple of clashing waves?that is supposed to be COLD FREEZING!!(no polar bears coming from the melted pole, to visit the queen? or Marc Jacobs?wonderful!!:)OOPS WRONG CHANNEL SORRY. smiley

master

Probably one the craziest things I've even done was ski doing... not sure how you'd spell this. I used to run with a insane (but fun) bunch of friends that enjoyed doing life threatening activities, and this was one of them.

Problem happened is when the Yamaha ski-do I was on the back of broke down in the middle of Lake Temagami, way, way up north of Toronto. We were stuck on middle of the lake two hours in minus degree weather until another person on a ski-do came by. I wound up with frostbite, more painful than the worst burn I've ever had.

Finally made it back to Toronto and went to the emerg department. Gangrene had set in and the Doc told me I may lose the finger.... smiley I didn't but they had to pierce the nail (which fell off) and drain the liquid so I had no fingernail for about 5 months. Went on to do other crazy things though. Since then have grown up a lot thankfully.....

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I took a helicopter ride with Brian Williams.

senior guru

When I was 20 my front left Tyre blew out while driving over notorious steep narrow winding hills here in NZ, it was the middle of winter and raining and I was alone....I flew over the baracade while been airborne then rolling 120 meters down the cliff, a car behind me saw the lights of the car going down the cliff and called for help, if he didn't I don't think they would of found me in time. I believe I died and saw my dead grandfather but after that just blank but could of been just shock.
They found me unconscious, I had a fractured scull and serious swelling and lots of cuts to my head and face, broken arm, leg, knee and ribs, they had to remove some of my scull at the back of the head because of the pressure on my brain from the swelling, I then was put into an induced coma which I didn't come out of for 18 days, spent 3 months in hospital! And about 2 years at home recovering, Other then having shocking headaches and insomnia for years and a few good scars I'm fine.
Read more

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

looked in the mirror and seen CANDY MAN smiley smiley smiley

master
Report comment
(4y)

I forgot this one;during the early 70's,i was in San Francisco,trying to find a job.The city turns out to be chummy for friends to find jobs,but outsiders sposed to "join the right people"(i.e,the right groups)I couldn't find one,sat depressed on a cable car.Several folks stood crushed, hung onto the straps,.One black young face appeared HAPPY unexpectedly.I was puzzled;why so happy?He had picked a woman in the crowd's PURSE.hE STEPPED TO GET OFF;i STEPPED IN FRONT OF HIM.i SAID,"pUT THAT purse back."He was like,"why should I?"He was taller than me."I'll tell the conductor to stop,call the cops,"I answered.This was very possible.He handed me the pocketbook,said,"you give it to her,"got off in a hurry,escaped.I gave the purse back to the woman,who was very grateful.WHY I did that,I was crazy taking such action.--I was so frustrated not getting a job,I could not stand to see one more wrong-doing happen.Yes,I was pissed off & temporarily nuts.I did not get a job in the S.F. ...
Read more

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 Hey, welcome back. smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,391 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series