This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,824 reviews
122,439 films • 18,486 TV series

The sickness Forum (1542 views, 71 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(4y)

Instead of sharing your illnesses, pains, deformities and sicknesses in the “Comedy Theatre “ why not start a forum thread to discuss with your fellow sufferers.
Not only does it save us healthy folks from having to listen to your constant griping but it gives you an opportunity to share your frustrations in a more sympathetic environment and maybe even learn from each other ?
I would like to suggest a points system for the most interesting illnesses and even a monthly prize for the most entertaining ailment ?
For instance, extreme bow legged ness and a hunch back would be worth maybe 50 points but leprosy or Tape warms would rate 100.
I don’t mind working out a matrix and even compiling a top ten list every month as long as it is backed up with photographs .
No munchausens or munchausens by proxy please as that would be cheating.

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul I work in an ER, need a nurse here too, when I have time,lol.....

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Rescue Dog Mama that's very nice of you. :)

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

Soon there won't be anything left for people to talk about. Even when I see a mass of laughing emoticon, it's very rare any actual 'comedy' is occurring.

Can you give us an idea about what is on your approved chat topic list, Paul?

Other than these, of course.

Toblerone - ✅

Feet - ✅

Puppies - ✅

Silly YouTube videos - ✅

The Hills Have Thighs - ✅

+3

master
Report comment
(4y)

Well. Yesterday we had a full hour of people moaning complaining whining whinging groaning and trying to outdo each other in terms of ailments. I don’t think that’s comedy is it ?

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul And at the bottom of the commentary box it does say “this chat is for fun”

God
Report comment
(4y)

Change the Topic or watch something.

+4

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@ Are you replying as a moderator as a user. I get confused. Maybe you could identify what status you are when you are interacting as you do interact a lot RB ?

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul How is my reply here confusing? smiley

It's a suggestion, not a directive according to TOS.

If you'd like further clarification on the difference, you may PM me as you have done many times in the past.

I'm confused why you would be confused about the difference between a reply to your thread, and a directive as a Moderator when TOS are being broken.

Read TOS maybe?

smiley

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul Because quite clearly it says “comedy theatre “ and also “ this chat is for fun” I believe i am entering into the spirit of the guidelines by suggesting in a “fun “ way that banging on about your personal illnesses constantly isn’t fun ?

admin
Report comment
(4y)

Freedom or Police? Choose one.

+4

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil I prefer freedom. Yesterday went on a bit long though with specific medications, usages and people trying to outdo each other in terms of how ill they are ? Where’s the fun in that Dr Evil ?

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul We are all ill and slowly dying. :)

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil I’m not. I’m going to live forever or at least until I’ve got my moneys worth out of my new e mountain bike ha ha. Ok I’ll button it when we have 2 hours of doctors outpatients. I was just trying to inject a little sanity into what became a real showcase for illness, prognosis, self prognosis, et medication, side effects, misery and maudlin naval gazing. Live and let live lol

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul *sniggers*

And the award for Drama Queen of the Month goes to...

First, it was an hour, now it's 2. You had every opportunity to jump in and change the subject, but you chose to sit and read chat for 2 whole hours instead? lol

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I gave no fuks until I read this reply... now I'm half dead laffing. smiley Well played!

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil --Now THAT is true.Dr. Evil has the point,we're all mortal,and most of us get sick,fragile,in pain.--in time.(my sister's friends at 80 are dying,its very painful.but its life!!)Yes,lets have a page where we discuss these things as we like.--lots of people online are disabled,or older,ect,or sick. I don't need the theatre to discuss it.

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil I choose freedom, go ahead and gripe about your liver;i'll relate my vicious pneumonia i got over.---WHY you never want to hear,that someone has been sick,or isn't feeling well lately, is just a part of life.---don't be such a prig about it.EVERYONE gets ill at some time--your time will come.

master
Report comment
(4y)

Actually I did try and change the subject several times but gave up when you started asking if it was a guided cortisone injection or did the doctor wear a blindfold lol Also I can’t remember if you have had 33 injections in your joints or the other chap had 33 inflamed joints . Anyway as they say, misery loves company so I’ll leave you fellow sufferers to compare levels of pain and illnesses as it seems to give some comfort I suppose. Let me know when doctors surgery ends lol

Hide 26 replies...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@shabbapaul If that's the case, then why not try private messaging a moderator or Doc (not to be there to stop it, but to try to persuade it in a more positive direction)?

Perhaps just a wee nudge of fun with one other person could help persuade others, as well?

I can definitely understand your feelings, as well as theirs... it's hell to be unwell and it does feel better to "live chat" to others on the one hand, on the other hand, going on for protracted periods of time is something that may indeed be at cross purposes for any other chatter and discourage any other (member) type of participation.

I can say that none of it was against TOS or Chat Rules from what everyone is writing.

This is definitely a case for a forum "live chat" option (consideration) in the future of the site.

Thanks for pointing it out.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@ The conversation was started by a couple of the regulars, and actually spurred a couple of new faces to join chat. Once people have chatted once, they will usually return - but not if other regulars moan about their choice of topic. It didn't go on long, and wasn't negative or argumentative in any way.

I did say at one point it was turning a bit into the comparing scar scene from Jaws though, lol.

If Paul continues hamming it up as much as he is doing, he's gonna need a bigger boat to cart his pig farm around.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@ Never said it was against the rules. I tried to lighten a bellicose somber downbeat depressing comedy theatre with... well with comedy. Forget it. It’s not important. Let’s all move on ok ?

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul Sorry?

"I can say that none of it was against TOS or Chat Rules from what everyone is writing."

I was clarifying what I understand regarding this situation, hence the use of the word 'I' in my statement and not 'You'.

I'm delighted to move on.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@ Good, then please stop adding to this particular rather boring tired forum ok ? Blimey, wish I’d never opened my mouth lol

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul Why would I do that?

It's actually interesting and I was and am trying to help.

Does that sound familiar to you at all?

Though, I was never on the "knowing" end of trying to help before between two people, was I?

Funny about that. Silly me, trying to help. Now and then.

I won't be so stupid again.

Thanks very much for this thread.

It is mighty craic.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@ Mmmmm, I remember you comparing yourself to Jane Goodall when moderating on chat leading st3wie and I to wonder why you were suggesting chatters were chimpanzees ? Does that sound familiar lol

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@shabbapaul I what?

That's some pretty bizarre "creative writing" there.

It absolutely never happened.

smiley

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ Oh yes it did lol ask st3wie

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@shabbapaul

I did! smiley

lol gafaw gafaw smiley

.. at least your always consistent ...

in altering the truth to suit yourself ...

Hilarious!

Hardy har har

smiley

(edited for John Candy)

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@ Must have been some other mod that lives in Ireland then lol my mistake 😂

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul Whether Rav said it or not is irrelevant.

Modding any live chat is like zoo keeping primates. People lobbing sh*t at one another, pounding their chests because they think they're the boss or important, bickering and chattering like chimps. The only time it's really peaceful is when people are either asleep or eating.

Have a narna on the house - 🍌

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Jeez , you and your bestie rav lol it’s like a tag team. You should get some costumes made up smiley
As I’ve said several times now, let’s move on. I’ll give the chat a miss until it cheers up a bit smiley

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@shabbapaul What are you on about?

First you want the thread to go, now you verbally assault anyone who says your're out of line.

Go on, give this a miss, I dare you.

+1

@shabbapaul Where is the respect for Mods here with a comment like that, not appropriate at all.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Respect is earned ...........not demanded or expected , or so I’ve always been taught

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul Imagine a world where common courtesy (a form of respect) has to be earned.

It is extended in an effort to have an honest and open dialog.

No one here is asking for your house keys or to mind your children.

The defense you've chosen is both absurd and inaccurate in its grotesque overuse of generalisations.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul Good grief, Paul. You really have taken your bat and ball home, lol.

You started the thread, and when you didn't get the response you were hoping for, you spit your dummy out and sulk like a toddler.

I was having a laugh. I was hoping, since you are the self-proclaimed king of comedy, you could take a bit of light ribbing - especially since you started it.

If I upvote your original post and promise to be extra good for, at least, the next 2 hours, will you forgive me? Pretty please, with a cherry on top?

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I’m not really that fussed about the outcome of the forum now tbh. My initial attempt at light humour to alleviate the mind numbing banality of people showcasing their illnesses sort of got hijacked by you and Rav defending each other ( which is sort of nice but also got very boring very quickly)
As I have said repeatedly, I have found the constant diatribes, monologues and duologues and attempts to outdo each other in terms of illness, pain and medication in a supposedly “fun” forum has become a little tedious for me. As Rav said originally, “ change the subject or watch something.”
Well , it’s hard to deflect someone hell bent on promoting their misery so I’ll just keep out of chat until it perks up a bit. It’s good advice I suppose ?

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul Oh, get a grip, ya big girls blouse.

The thread wasn't hijacked by anyone. It's still on topic and you're still participating.

Anyone reading this would think it's an hourly/weekly occurrence, ffs. You started complaining about 1 short conversation between several users, which you've now turned it into a week long drama full of words like 'repeatedly', 'constantly', and promoting misery' I've seen you talk plenty about your own health in chat, so don't be such a f**king hypocrite.

If you choose to cut your nose off to spite your face, then that's on you, mate.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Are you referring to my lamb chop replacement hip ? smiley smiley smiley
I’ll let you into a little secret smiley it’s not real lovey.
You want to cut back on the cannabis girl. Try a few hours a day un- stoned
See how you get on smiley

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul i don't think she was serious about the cherry.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul If cutting back on cannabis means there's even the slightest chance of a modicum of possibility that I will resort to being a grown adult using a swarm of emoticons for comedic effect - I think I'll stick with the drugs, thanks.

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@shabbapaul Knock it off with this overused and completely laughable "defending each other" malarkey.

I am fed up to the waterline with these type of comments from members that only demonstrate paranoia that anyone who even slightly supports anything [in the ball park] of what I'm referring to as being yoked to me and my "new bestie".

It's daft altogether.

I made the suggestions and you refuted them when you proceeded to carry on.

Carry on. Or don't. NO ONE is forcing you to type anything.

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul Remind me - was that before or after you hit us with the "They replaced my hip with a lamb chop and I've just realised my puppy is a sheepdog" joke for the eleventy fourth time?

[SPOILER]

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale HAH HAH!!

master
Report comment
(4y)

Eleventy fifth I think.
Anything to try and stop you guys comparing illnesses, medication and who is sickest smiley
Maybe you’re right and I should follow your lead and get stoned all day.
Think I’ll give chat a miss until it becomes fun again smiley

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul Aww, come on, Paul. No one likes a sulker. 😋

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@shabbapaul What is it,yer a doctor and around sick people every day?Or you never get sick,and can't put up with it?you might consider that not all of us are YOUNG.(HINT.)--Maybe a fair no. don't have EVERYDAY GOOD HEALTH.---So sometimes people EMPATHIZE with each other,& its a common bonding platform."Oh,you have bursitis too?Do you get contisone?" "No,my doc just says,put ice on it." If you wanta PAGE where people do that easier,they get to bond, you get to avoid it,good idea? (I have horrible feet, i'd get to b**ch about that,)its ok with me.

+1

expert
Report comment
(4y)

kin hell read this whole convo. funny as f*ck.

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@slappyslippy Yeah but it’s become boring now m8 time to move on

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)

To many people take the casual "how are you" as a chance to run down every ache and pain they own. I play Pogo games, it gets so out of hand there that I have shut the chat off. One has a headache next one has migraine. One has the flu other has pneumonia. Always one upping the other. It is beyond irritating. I had a neighbor a few years ago that anytime he could catch my eye outside he took that as an op to tell me all about his colon problems. I started to hide from him. Remember "how are you is a greeting"!

+3

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@fortunate1 Haaaahahaha i feel so sorry for ya. i used to have a "Morbus Crohn" neighbour. He even showed me his shidd bag from his artificial intestinal exit.
I said:"what you want? instead of military service i worked in a hospital emergency.I have seen FAR worse" Then i took the time to tell him some REALLY bad stories. He never jumped on me again . LOL

Report comment
(4y)

@Adrian∞ (that sounds like "Oh,i need extreme sympathy,more than anyone else!WWWAAAAW!"so you did the right thing.he was acting inappropriately.)

Report comment
(4y)

@fortunate1 You are so right and I love you for writing that.

Good old common courtesy and caring is thwarted and stymied in favour of just asking because "it's what you say and you don't give a f**k anyhow".

Or someone thinks your extending courtesy to "flirt" with them. Ick! Both are lies full stop for me.

Thank you Fortunate1!

I want you to participate more!

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@fortunate1 well, yer right about the colon--i don't wanta hear about someone's colon every day--i've got my own.

+1

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@fortunate1 (Remember "how are you is a greeting"!)
smiley TRUTH!! smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

Well, dang it! I guess nobody wants to hear about my corns then 🌽👣

+4

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@dramucom Erm, yep, they do.

Chat to Greg and System.

In fact, just write "corns" and see how you fare.

smiley

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@ did someone say corn??? :) Just joking .I stop messing with system ,because I had other things to do .I also know some people like it ,but I know that it had to end sometime. I did put comedy in chat with system ,but it's over now. I think my corn is over to ,just got other things going on .I don't put in chat I do weed and stuff like that I keep my messages PG or G .I not here to fight with nobody at all .Chat is for everybody ,so I think that if you don't like what someone else says ,then you can close chat box or stop reading it. If someone is not feeling good that day ,I would like to know what's wrong with them .If putting down stuff about health problems in chat ,then I guess you will not hear from me about that .I just say good morning or good night and that be it for the rest of the day .

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@gregsohappy that was meant for everyone to read

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@gregsohappy I agree with you.

... Whoever voted that comment down: grow up.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@gregsohappy (You weed and then chat?--of course you're mellowed on chat!!--hah hah--i'd get mellowed out on a freeway,hee hee.

Report comment
(4y)

@ Bah, I just bring my feets up as close as I can and curse at those corn things like a trucker.

+2

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@dramucom Rass a frass a rass a frass!

smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@dramucom pop-- or on-the-cob? whatdya do aBOUT IT?WEAR BETTER SHOES?

Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 More like Niblets 😜

It's more a sweaty feets issue TBH. Thank goodness one can't get corn things on the armpits. That would be extra-gross.

+2

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@dramucom For those of us who visualise everything easily it already is.

smiley

lol

+3

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

BTW I really liked this "freedom or police" question. Thinking seriously on this I don't have a certain answer. I want them both. I don't know if this sounds stupid, political or whatever but this is my honest answer! Perhaps specifying details on the way of performing this, may become political or particular or weird as opinion.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Nasos How could anyone have a definitive answer that is 100% one or the other?

Freedom without any structure is no longer freedom; it's another type of cage.

+3

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,824 reviews • 122,439 films • 18,486 TV series