About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,720 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

site privacy (1124 views, 17 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

on the chatbox and on the forum pages anything and everything can and has been talked about and is easily view to see and read for everyone , a few times ie the complaint about ballz chatting to an underage child is not only available for users to read but also for anyone that uses the site as a guest or perhaps someone who has came across the site for the first time ,
i was thinking if i were new to this site and i know before i joined i wanted to get to know the site first ie read chatbox follow forum threads and so on , would i like to read that conplaints are made about users chatting to kids and on chatbox users are threating to stab other users and what ever else thats been on chat lately to read , i dont know what i would think about the site if i wasnt a user and already know that this is a fantanastic site i would recommend or join the site ? so my suggestion to the site is would or could the site forum pages and chat box be made private so only users thats joined the site can see them and read them ? i know and i can talk for other users that i have came on the site without logging in and watched the chat box ? i know its sounds abit ott but i do think somethings said on here should be kept for the site and not for the whole world to read smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

Idk I think one of the big draws for ppl to sign up is the chatbox and forums. I think maybe it is ok the way it is with being able to see it for guests but only being able to use it when you sign up. I do agree that new ppl might think we are all crazy here smiley smiley well bc we are lol. I think ppl secretly love the drama and it is part of the reason why some ppl sign up. Just my thoughts... smiley

+4

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

yea i totally get that but lastnyt well the nyt ballz got banned i was thinking what if someone that is like the i dont know what you would call them but the people that search the sites for stuff to close the sites down or something like that ? i think the chatbox and forum pages are hillarious but sometimes i think omg the whole world can read this smiley , yea i agree with the guest thing i know you can change it on your profile page but really when your logged in you dont know whos watching plus anyone thats banned cant see if or whats been said about them after all if your banned that should be a part of the punishment even if they do create a new profile just to see it smiley

admin
Report comment
(6y)

The chat is public and will be public. There is a hide link if you don't like it. smiley

+9

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil dont think sometimes that whats on chat could give the wrong impression about the site ? i think chats hillarious its a combo of dr phil ,jeremy kyle and maury povich al in 1 haha

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

i never said i didnt like it just think having it for only members to read would be better and guest would be curious would have to join to read it smiley

God
Report comment
(6y)

In the real world people love the drama and a lot of people that post in chat box for the 1st time have been members for less then 1 hour. <br> Has for the forums, there is just to much helpful info for people thinking of joining and i believe if all this was hidden to non members, the site sign up rate would drop to a 1/4 over night.

+5

Hide 11 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Yea well when I joined chat was mostly dead and if anything the only drama on chat was when you were drunk and thought you owned it and tried to be snide and a give cheek to any user that didn't give you the attention you craved on it ? As for the sign up rate since I have been here it's went up and chatbox has got chattier so maybe private is not a good idea after all ?.

Report comment
(6y)

@chaseyerself What the f**k or you having a dig at me for??????????? <br> And nothing is one sided, Ghrrrr

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 I'm going to have to agree with chaseyourself. It DOES sound like it would be a whole lot of fun to get drunk and then come chat with people. Therefore I submit that we just pick a night when everyone on chat should be drinking. That was a really good idea chaseyourself! I'm so glad you brought it up!

+4

Report comment
(6y)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Oh you know what? We should get Dr. Evil to host a livestream where everyone knows a movie will start at a certain time and we can all come watch it together and chat about it. chaseyerself can be the designated drinker and everytime a certain word is said in the movie he'll have to drink. [SPOILER]

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@PaddyWhack firstly SHE would need to drink to be a drinker and it was pure that was the drinker on my comment i dont know why u would say that in ur spoiler ????

Report comment
(6y)

@chaseyerself Sorry, Im just messing with you in a way that you wouldn't get too offended and kind of makes me look like an idiot... but that was a really good idea you had though :) <br>

+3

@PaddyWhack Count me in lol :)

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@PaddyWhack I'm game for that smiley

@chaseyerself Just a little surprised you feel this way. Have never seen this on chat? Hmm, oh well each to their own :)

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 it was a reply to his dig at me and this happened when i first joined here , and its not forgot about

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,720 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series