This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,645 reviews
122,376 films • 18,475 TV series

we should not discuss any types of politics here,the site is compromised. (1707 views, 67 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(5y)

WE are not on an American site any more,and now that we have people here from"behind the iron,or bamboo curtain." none of we Americans should even discuss any kind of politics here any more.If you must discuss it, at least do it on a site which you know is "less-eavsdropped" on,if there is such a thing any more--which prob. aint true.Probably if you dont'
want yer politics spied on,(goddamn spelling) you should NOT put any of it on the Web any more.just stay off the web.if you must have political activities.--its bad enough you do not want to get on any
"lists" one way or another.I'm not discussing any politics here any more, the stupid web itself has no kind 0f privacy--not now. smiley

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

master
Report comment
(5y)

YES,I AGREE THAT it helps us to keep up with current events,and the news online is less censored than the Media.But now that Apple is building their internet with China,
China only believes in censored web access.==and I don't see how that would avoid impinging on us too eventually.. smiley

I did know of a reporter,who deliberately learned written Chinese,and got a Chinese letters keyboard,so he could go over there himslef,and get news.That really sounds like a good way to find their real news.However,the Chinese alphabet,is thousands of letters,and all the letters just stand for different words.--they are not"a" "b" ect.

(so they know Pres.
Trump gets his toenails cut while he tweets? smiley hmm....that is just silly.Why would he mind that people knew that?I did go ballistic,locally,one time on a site in Oregon,and they called the FBI TO GO TALK TO ME. THAT was scary.

They just saw a little old lady,and I told them,"do I really look like I could -physically manage to go around and bomb certain people or co.s?" I had just gotten too verbal,and told them I never wanted to bomb anyone myself.
Read more

God
Report comment
(5y)

Love talking about politics here, with all the UK media being left, were else can you get both sides of the story.
And i like to know what's going on overseas, it affects us all.

+6

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 The UK media is like the US media with them being left leaning.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 yup, the battle isnt just on any 1 countrys door step, its the door step of the world, and the more real info we can hear from each other the better off we be home and abroad. we are just brothers with a wee puddle between us, but the fight is the same for us all, and you can only beat a global power structure with global help. there tatic is to devide and conquer, ours should be Quis Separabit, lets not let them do that

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

OK, since we are on this subject, I think the system should reject any News links that are from YouTube. I constantly see fake news and ridiculous YouTube garbage posted in the News section, mixed in with valid news stories. YouTube is NOT a valid news media outlet!

+11

Hide 24 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater Sure...there's a lot of garbage on youtube...but where else are you goimg to see people like Ann Coulter? She IS news. Or tells it.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Ann Coulter is a Goddess.

As for YouTube not being a valid form of news...have you read the utter made up rubbish on Occupy Democrats? Even CNN has less credibility than YouTube in a lot of people's minds. Sadly also it is the last form of media commentators on the right are allowed after Facebook and Twitter revealed their bias.

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater Try comparing the YouTube news (what i post anyhow) with the UK (fake/bias) redtops. And why is YouTube not valid?

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 YouTube is a place where people post their personal opinions. It is NOT a serious news media outlet that is bound by any form a journalistic integrity.

+13

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

RAAAHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"journalist ic integrity" :D

ps I have no idea why its adding a space ... I tried to edit it out like 20 times

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@captainhowdey You can laugh, but first you must provide a reference to anyone on YouTube ever being taken to task for not verifying a information source!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Now pretend you are a good shepherd and wake the flock up!

(All spaces in this broadcast were intended...) smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater We see the President's speeches on there. We see his rallies for those running for office. He tells us his policies there. There is no media filter. It's all straight from his mouth. IT IS the news. The stuff you're getting from the networks is biased lis. We can see which side of the poltical spectrum people support, from where they get their "information." Youtube is more valid tham ABC CBS, CNN...etc. Do YOU see tghe President speaking LIVE on CNN?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe And just WHO do you think is providing the video for those live feeds? smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater So am I going to find all of those Rallies, and all of the President's statements LIVE...on those networks? Nope. The fact remains Yahoo, and Twiiter are the only place I can hear the President unfiltered. And THEY would ban him too....if they COULD. He's getting ready to go after google. I would think right after the elections. See if I am right. You can't be a monopoly AND only tell one side of the story.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I hope you found that funny too! LOL

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 C'mon, man. The youtube videos that you post are what you accuse the UK of being. Mostly fake/bias. Ultra partisan pundits giving opinions to persuade viewers into voting just like they do. Kinda creepy to think people will watch a 5-10 minute youtube video, and think that makes them viably informed.

+8

Report comment
(5y)

@thesslazarus I watch (have you) these vids and compare them to the redtops. There is a big diff. All UK media is bias now.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 YT uses the same types of social analysis algorithms as FB / Google etc. So if you go to YT with any form of bias it will slowly but surely help to back up that bias by continuously updating its recommendations to include more of what you watch and less of what you don't. Before long most of what is presented to you is material that supports your bias and you hardly read any alternative views. This I feel is a major down side of all the large platforms, because just because you do not generally agree with someone does not mean they will never have a good idea.

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@DogsLife Come again?
I read the news and watch these vids.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 No disrespect to yourself intended. And YT can be informative. But because it manipulates search results / recommendations to maximize the amount of time you will view content (advertising), I refuse to acknowledge it as a valid bias free platform. It may not be 'left' bias, it may not be 'right' bias, but it is YT social engineered bias.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@DogsLife Okay. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater I agree with that and just a few days ago there was a useless post in the news that was titled using the "N" word fully typed out. The youtube video attached was some chipmunk that I could not be bothered to listen to but how can anyone post such a racist term and it not be flagged or automatically declined? lots of fake news as well as members abusing this feature as a way to spew their racist agendas. I "Hide" the news 99% of the time as soon as I log on to TM along with everything else that can be hidden. The news is never really about anything but lame politics on here. Where are all the films/series posts or anything positive or that just have nothing to do with politics? yawn.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater YouTube is NOT a valid news media outlet!

This ^^^^

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater How would I get any Ben Shapiro or Stephen Crowder shows I missed then?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Paladin* Those shows are still YouTube, subscribe to their respective channels. Then you will receive notice when new shows are posted.

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater Sorry I led you astray. The focus of this stream was what sources are allowed in Twomovies, not how to be notified...
As WAPO says "Democracy Dies in Darkness" but they have no problem suppressing other information sources besides their own.

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

There's an old Bugs Bunny cartoon where they say the same thing. as if talking about gossip would break national security,, lol...... I guarantee that nothing anyone says on this site is a national secret.. it's not at all like it was during WWII cuz the internet is an open book to hackers,,,,,,,,,,, but I have seen no proof that any media (either side) actually tells the truth anyway.. and passing bad info and propaganda has become an American pass-time...
Americans can't seem to pass privacy laws, like many European countries and yet we end up knowing less and less about what the government is actually doing..

+4

master
Report comment
(5y)

Liberals don't care about revealing state secrets. Their leader did it on national tv during the debates.

You have to care about the country to be concerned about national security.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I've always made it a policy to never say anything on the Internet or in an email that I wouldn't say out loud in public. It's amazing how many adults don't seem to understand that.

+5

Hide 1 reply...

master
Report comment
(5y)

smiley smiley smiley

Yeah, the spooks give a huge fuk what you said here. REALLY?!?

+5

God
Report comment
(5y)

Noticed the thumbs up/down on peoples comments here as changed rapidly overnight!
Multiple accounts?

+2

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 ffs, PV. I thought you didn't care about votes and thumbs?

You seem to bang-on about them often enough though.

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale peoples comments*

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

The same person will vote one comment down and opposing comments up - leveling the playing field -So, votes can swing from one to the other very quickly with just 2 individual users.

We're hardly talking huge numbers here. It's very rare the thumbs even go into double figures ffs. There's been over 375 views on this thread in just one day - over 700 users online right now. Maths isn't my strongest subject, but...

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale 375 Views* Does not 375 people.

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

442 Views - 38 replies from 18 different user names. (18 I think, I skimmed the page)

So you're saying all those views are only by the commenters? That would mean we averaged returning 24 times each LOL.

Or maybe 400 of those views was just you refreshing to watch your thumb count? LOL

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale You appear to be muttering to yourself.

So you're saying all those views are only by the commenters?* np

+3

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

the obvious fallacy here is that both US and UK media are very heavily left-wing biased these days as well as most social media sites which merely follow the agenda of their owners.

+3

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Paladin* On Youtube...you can WATCH the President LIVE...no filter..no spin. His words. You can't do that on the networks.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Very True! smiley
The leftists wish to control what information sources we receive.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Paladin* Of course...remove any source of information that they do not control. Or at least ridicule it. I don't care HOW MANY thumbs up that sh*t gets...I know what's going on.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Not only that but the leftist sites like HuffPO, SLATE, MOJO, NYT, and WAPO are the first to ban you when you post something not aligning with their agenda...
Of course other leftist sites, like CNN, do not even allow comment.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

No web platform with any integrity is going to allow the mass spewing of falsehoods and veiled hate speech. That's why you end up here, on a site that doesn't care about laws, only views generated from content, and contentious posts bring views. It's all about the clicks.

If you don't like the social media platforms available to you, why don't you build your own to compete? Like Murdoch did with Fox? Naw, easier to just demand that others allow you to stand on their stage and use their megaphone to slander them.

Like I said, you guys are adorable. smiley

Hide 1 reply...

guru
Report comment
(5y)

FB was started by a few guys in college. Are you saying there's no one on the right smart enough to write some code?

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@SoylentBrown I think the President is getting ready to regulate Google.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe That would be a direct violation of the first amendment.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Do you people actually go back and read the stuff you type? If so, give me some of that falling over water. Got to be better than what I can buy.
Politics is the hight of our stupidity. In the UK they sit on their bums and say "hear, hear" then get payed silly amounts of money. I don't imagine that politicians in other countries do much more.
Do you think President Trump bought his way to the white house? You'd think he could buy a better wig? Really, what a cheap skate. well worth a few episodes of 'The Simpsons'. Just on the wig.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,645 reviews • 122,376 films • 18,475 TV series