This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,749 reviews
122,412 films • 18,479 TV series

"STOP the BLOCK" - Misuse of blocking function in general forum (3229 views, 233 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I would like to bring to your attention a proposal to stop the misuse of the blocking function in the General Forum, especially in the games threads.

These are my reasons ...

(click on image to see better)

All errors are my responsibility alone.

box

+18

master

Thank you for taking the time to put this information together. There will be some (including Mods/Admin) as they are not blocked, or new members who haven't been blocked (yet), that won't see the problem. I think they'll better understand it now that you've explained it.

+12

skilled
Report comment
(5y)

The comment is hidden because the person who commented has blocked you. Why is it such a hard thing to just ignore it and either move on to the next comment in a game thread? I mean.. seems logical to do that right? If someone choses to be ignored, then ignore them. Im not choosing a side or saying who is right or wrong. I am saying that as an outsider of your little tight knit community of people often left out of things. I choose if I care or not. Surely, you can choose to care about being blocked and simply ignore their response or go to the next part of the game. such as band name by Alphabetical order.

Guy: Alabama
(hidden - Hidden comment)
New Guy - C & C Music Factory.

why ruin a good time with hurt feelings?

+5

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DevilWarCrys Firstly, thank you for taking the time to contribute to the discussion. You give an example of the "band name by Alphabetical order" - This is what happened last week in this game ...

When there is blocking there is lack of information which could be a mistake, a joke or a correction which affects the continuity of the progression and this leads to fustration as

1. The instructions are blocked and

2. Because many of the entries are hidden, a sense of WTF is generated and "Have I done something wrong to deserve this?"

I have not mentioned the more complicated word games where our goddess knowingly excludes herself from the game and interfers with others' enjoyment or excludes other new members that have no reason to be on her block list and therefore excluding members from access to areas of the site that is open to all members.
Read more

+10

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Just wanted to say thank you for starting this forum. Without it I don't think a solution would have been sorted out. I wonder what her reaction was when she found out her block list was wiped lol. None too happy, I bet.

+4

admin
Report comment
(5y)

The majority of forums I know have exactly the same blocking mechanism. But usually they just hide messages silently. And yes it can be a problem to follow the thread.
Solution?

+4

Hide 26 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Perhaps, instead of a blocking application, how about a "mute" application ala Twitter?

It serves a similar purpose, without disrupting anything.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Solution . (rework of Deiosa's suggestion)

"comment is hidden,because you were blocked by this user" see more..

Blocking doesn't provide anonymity if you can simply log out and see who blocked you . Or see the @blocker replys .
So-
Blocking remains the same for the person blocking .
The person blocked should see EVERYTHING .
the top line showing name and time since post . Add , (you have been blocked by this user).
Bottom line, remove ability for blocked to reply directly to the blocker .

Who can see the content of a comment, in a public forum. should not be in the hands of the person making it .

The melodrama associated with blocking won't increase or decrease , it'll just change. The community will adapt .

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@Mark83x Finally someone who makes sense.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I understand that the block function originated as a solution to online bullying and it is effective up to a point. Limited in my opinion. Its resulting overall ineffectiveness stems from the ability of any blocked user to merely log out and circumvent the blocking function. Nevertheless, it is what it is.

A proposed solution would be the creation of specific forum pages dedicated to gaming alone with the blocking function disabled. In addition, one could implement a reply system limited in number of characters (depending on the game of course). Another solution, perhaps more drastic, would be to entirely avoid any forum games instigated by the offending party.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd I've blocked a couple people and I breath a lot easier without their bullying.. I get tired of them constantly pushing boundaries with everyone,, and instead of fighting, I block.. whew..

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@WhirledPeas Certainly this is the way to go. Personally I haven't had that experience so I cant testify on its effectiveness. I have never blocked anyone and have been really blocked by one user, who got fed up in me disproving with facts, every single argument he ever made smiley smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd someone else just mentioned that it's in the games that blocking becomes a confusion.. so just talking to folks doesn't have a problem with folks blocking..

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@WhirledPeas Agreed. Fully understood that point

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I don't know if this has been suggested yet bc this thread is HUGE and I don't really want to read the whole thing so here goes...blocking should be disabled in forum, instead take away the reply option for the blocker and the blockee in forum.

Or...set up a separate forum for games where blocking is disabled.

+2

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

As someone who has been recently blocked for no good reason, and a new(ish) member it can be very off-putting to someone like me who wants to join in on forums and such when they come across the 'blocked' comments by the blocker.

I just ignore something if I don't like it (unless it REALLY bothers me) and move on. I wouldn't block someone unless their trolling became incessant; I would then inform the mods or the good Doctor if this became a regular thing. This function is being misused by some people as a childish game and it needs to stop.

Sorry, Doc, don't have any answer to this other than what Crutchbender has suggested.

You don't like what I say or my avatar or whatever, skip over it! I'm probably not going to attempt to friend you anyway, if that's your biggest, darkest fear. smiley Thanks for your time!

+11

Hide 26 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum Thank you for coming forward PP with that "astonishing" story of being blocked without any interaction with the blocker.

A clear case of the function's abuse. I believe the Blocking function should be used as a last resort after all other means of overcoming the dispute/problem/conflict have been exhausted.

It is clear that EUNOIA/goddess uses the blocking feature on certain "open forum" threads as part of a "pre-emptive punishment strike" for being friends with other "enemies" of hers.

+15

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. It just came out of nowhere. I was somewhat taken aback at first, then I started backtracking to figure what I'd said/done, then thought I was losing my mind...you know how it goes the first time it happens...
I don't set out to provoke people or upset anyone, and if I've been jerk let me know and I'll stop. Don't just banish me to the 'outer realms' without any reason!

That certainly goes for others, too.

+12

Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum It's not so bad here in the outer realms, there's quite a few of us have found ourselves here lately who will be very happy to keep you company. I'm sorry you were made feel uncomfortable earlier on. I'm glad you hung on because you are indeed very welcome, -GC smiley

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@saxon901 Thanks, Saxon! Very kind of you to say that! I see it as a small bump in an otherwise incredible road...

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum The same thing happened to me, sort of, in that I was taken aback and it came out of nowhere, or so I thought. I have a tendency to not have a filter so I may have said something that unintentionally offended her. I try not to do that, I just talk and write a lot so sometimes I may say something without realizing I said something incorrectly.

I also appreciate it when my friends tell me I said something offensive. Luckily, I can say anything to one of my bff's and she never takes it wrong. Even when my partner has told me I said something horrible and I apologize to my bff, she tells me, "I know how you are and how you would never say anything intentionally mean so I didn't take it that way." Of course, my bff is a true Vulcan and is always logical. It is always a relief to hear this from someone especially when the intention is from a good place.

Read more

+8

@nonamemanon Hey you said that all so eloquently, and I'm sorry if this person made you feel at least even a little bit hurt, because you have a heart of gold, and it totally shows in what you've said above.

Sometimes there is no making sense of why people do what they do, and for that I'm truly sorry.

Never doubt yourself, I know you, you are a pleasure to have as a friend.

+9

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Your words mean a lot to me, thank you. I am glad we are friends!

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@nonamemanon And thanks to you for reaching out! I have never had any direct contact with this individual and am very sorry to learn what has happened to you. You sound like a very kind and caring person. Much obliged!

+6

@purpleplum She is a sweetheart, take it from one who knows :)

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Thanks for that!

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@nonamemanon I only just saw this, so apologies for the tardy reply.

What happened to you is awful, but you are not alone.

A lot of blocked members were once friends of hers and experienced that out of nowhere block/personality change.

This member took offense when I didn't agree about a film.

Personally, I never get nasty about disagreements and I attempted to end the conversation politely, but she wouldn't have it, she HAD to be RIGHT. After that, she would follow my comments through the site and intentionally write a very strong comment that was the opposite of what I had commented, and insinuating that feeling differently meant you were either a stalker or hadn't watched the film or show. When that didn't work to get a response from me, she would follow my comments on the site and write that I had posted a spoiler and was ruining it for everyone. It was relentless. I didn't get it, so one day after she wrote vehemently about a supposed spoiler 3 times (!!!) I asked her to stop because she was being aggressive. That didn't work, either, LOL.
Read more

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@ reading ur comment its sounds to me like either a wire is loose in the brain or parhaps a bit of ADHD 🤔🤔 or maybe its a serial banned user who internationally is being a bawbag and wants to piss off everyone ??

+4

@chaseyerself This comment made me laugh out Loud, smiley sorry if it wasn't supposed to be funny smiley

That's one of the great things about you, so it's actually a compliment.... smiley

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 see because u know me and my sence of humour 😇 thats why it made u laugh , , those who dont know me dont take it that way lol
glad i made u laugh again u must have got that laughing parcel i sent u last week 😂😂😂😂😂

+2

@chaseyerself Yep, that must be it, and yes that bag of really good weed arrived safely, thnx! smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ Internet Munchausen Syndrome...love it, you hit the nail on the head my dear!

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@nonamemanon This right here should be the very reason her (the serial blocker) blocking function should be permanently taken away from her, if not she she be banned from using this site period! I mean really she unfriends her then turns around and friends her again just to block her. I have never had any communication with said blocker before, and I’m sure now that I’ve spoken up I’ll be added to her long list of blocked users. Here’s what I don’t understand, why is she given the ability to have multiple accounts and not be banned from the site? Why is she given the ability to bully all the people she’s done this to and not be banned? This is what’s so frustrating about my experience here.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. as u know u have brought this whole rather interesting thread to my attention 👍🤔 and reading the latest comments i cant help but ask this question 🤔🤔

this girl - boy (who ever this persn is ) if they have blocked so many users ?
who the fck is this person actually talkn to 🤔 on all the forum threads that they create ? or anything on the site that a user can comment or reply to hahaha ? am going send out a bit of chase love and hug 😇😇 they sound like they need some 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 😂

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Mainly herself Chase which makes it a bit sad (as you can see in the examples. She also got rid of all her friends so I think a case of chase love might be in order. It is all a bit sad.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. i just remembered who she is 😂😂 1 nyt on chat awhile back i cant remember exactly who else was involved but an argument or disagreement started and she was fine with me until i didnt agree or said something she didnt like , she turned against me 😎
this is the really funny part its the one and only time i have did this 2 this day ,,, i went and blocked her before she blocked me hahaha now that i think about it am sure the blocking users was part of this argument 😂😂😂

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. btw how the hell is she a godness ??? shes no friends nobody to vote or comment on anything ? and am guessing shes not 1 for uploading links ?? pmsl

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Naw, we only have gods here. She regularly changes the name and picture so the newbies are not aware that it is Auntie EWWE on the loose. I think it is the spider and the fly story and she entices the poor flies into the web only to be blocked for talking to another member.

Your story sounds like that is your woman alright.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. aw its her alright 👍 shes 1 of those people whos easily forgotten because they are of no interest to u
😇
but when something jogs ur memory ur like AWWW THAT IDIOT yea i remember now hahahaha

+3

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Apologies for the delay, but as you already know, you have me blocked so I had to log out and log back in to see your comment ...

That could be an easy solution but I honestly think that EUNOIA/goddess has so much to contribute to the site in general and the forum in particular, it would be a shame to lose such an encyclopedic knowledge of series and movies.

I want her to be in the Forum and I want to participate in her games and I want her to participate in other threads. I do not want anyone to be excluded and I truely believe that people can reconcile their differences with the help of the monitors.

Thanks for the contribution 1FRAC1.

+10

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Well said! smiley

+3

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

comment is hidden

+6

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@IamBlue You got me thinking you clever feather. And yes it is funny (in a surreal kinda way).

Nice one. smiley

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahah

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@IamBlue smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley You totally got me. I got to pause for a sec and think "wait a minute, I haven't argued with ravenbluefeather before. Why am I blocked?"

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd muahahahahahahahaha

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@IamBlue Me as well!!!!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum troll lo lo lo la

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@IamBlue Hee hee! Sneaky!

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum deserves a screenshot and post on redit maybe a youtube clip too

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@IamBlue Absolutement!

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Uh oh. That’s me.

I said something on that game because I actually couldn’t post a band name that I knew for sure had not been used unless I copied the link into Safari and saw the numerous other posts that I couldn’t see (there were many). I’m a musician, and I figured it was a fun game. Plus I honestly had never said anything I could think of, even a strongly-worded, opinionated comment, directly to the person whose comments I discovered I was being blocked from seeing. If I had thought I had even just done that, I’d have moved on. I figured it must be a mistake, like I’ve accidentally blocked good numbers on my cell phone. Or a case of mistaking me for someone else. I thought it must be unintentional. But I guess it’s not, now that I’ve read this very well-written and easy to follow post. 🙁

Thank you for explaining this, Box.

+4

Hide 2 replies...

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Due to my personality , i whole heartedly expect to be blocked.
I am triggered by wingnuts (doesn't matter which side you apply pressure, left or right, screwed is screwed), fanatics ,small minded propaganda parrots . ANYONE who presents theory / opinion as fact .

But their ability to ignore me should not interfere with my ability to laugh at stupid ...

+3

senior guru

Why not just ban the 'games' altogether.
Do they really have a purpose other than for those who are eager to accumulate points? (And it seems, create problems) I've known those types of threads to be banned on other forums because people have set them up solely for that reason.

We never used to have them, and I would always look at the sidebar for latest posts/threads in the forum and find things I at least wanted to read - if not not comment on. But now there are times when all you see in the sidebar box is game threads. Urghh.
Could they at least not be included in that?

Hide 13 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ To be perfectly honest, I have never cared about "points" for anything that I do.

In fact, I wasn't even aware that you got points for the games. smiley If a member actually does get points in the games, it's not very many points and certainly not worth it for that reason alone!

I play because it's loads of fun and I get to know other people from all over the world without leaving my house.

I find that aspect amazing and fascinating.

I also love to be a part of something where people learn to set aside individual differences and have a good time with things that make us all alike!

I wouldn't be as active without the games.

They're mighty craic!

+9

Report comment
(5y)

@ Can you convert points over to Bitcoin? Totally asking for a friend...

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum Wouldn't that be something?

Gosh, if there are people really concerned about points now... :O :O :O

lol

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@ Hi-larious!

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@ I enjoyed the games too,even though being 12 hours ahead most players were tucked up in bed. Gave it up when the blocking made it impossible to keep up with having to log out and back in and find out I've missed the action and facing another block. Just got to be too much of a chore. Hopefully wiser heads will prevail and the Forums and movie comments will be block-free and fun again. -GC

+12

@saxon901 Yeah very well said!

It's like this particular person is monopolizing the game threads so others can not enjoy it as they should be able to, just plain wrong.

+10

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 There's a pack, I don't know how many though. I have only ever blocked one person and that recently after a couple of truly vindictive posts. One can only take so much bile and vitriol and I was shocked never having experienced anything like it before. I nearly gave up on 2Movies all together. -GC

+7

@saxon901 You are correct, there are a few. I suspect there is a person with multiple accounts.

And the person I speak of is very bitter to say the least.

I've almost left a couple of times as well. But that would mean they "win". So let's not do that :)

+11

Report comment
(5y)

@saxon901 This is a reason that the block as it is does NOT work.

Feeling that you have to leave the site because of the exclusion from information.

You are not the only one to echo this experience and feeling.

+9

Report comment
(5y)

@saxon901 I wondered what happened to you when you suddenly disappeared from games. I enjoyed coming in to your fun replies and game participation for the time you played. You are missed and always welcome in the game threads I continued. I know I'm not alone in this sentiment.

+10

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ TBH I didn't think of that solution because I really do get a kick out of the games/activities. The word games are pretty educational as well as taxing for the brain (which is something I need and others of a certain age).

The banter is fun, risqué at times and very spontaneous. I have had strange looks from my family when I would be in tears of laughter over a post, picture, comment or a pun.

I am not trying to sell the games section as maybe there are too many and they are monopolising other threads.

Until recently there have only been 5 or 6 but now GODDESS has reanimated her old threads and they seem to be everywhere and are not playable because of the blocking function she uses.

I agree with RB, games are a good way to get to know other members without the pressure of having an "opinion" about anything. But opinions are expressed, usually for fun.
Read more

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. sorry mate, but eliminating that sidebar would interfere with my game of Voyeuristic Pursuit .. smiley

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@uunboundd Hahahaha!

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

There have been a few very interesting solutions proposed, and the technicalities would need to be investigated. I believe that the blocking function is there to protect and not provoke. If we look at the Forum, we can see that it is separated into different sections and sub-sections.

There seems to be ONLY TWO sub-sections that could be contentious (causing debate/argument/insults) and I suggest these areas to be the only blockable areas in the forum. (See image)

If anyone can see reasons for using the blocking function in other areas in the Forum (not the NEWS section), please contribute. All suggestions welcome.

+7

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. This looks even more confusing.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Confusing ... as in it is not possible to be able to BLOCK in the OFFTOPIC and POLITICS threads?

What threads can you keep FREE FROM BLOCKING?

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I think this is an excellent solution. Only allow blocking on Offtopic and Political threads. Those seem to be the ones where most contention starts.

+4

God
Report comment
(5y)

** some of the "games" would need to be moved as they are in the Off Topic area.

+5

God
Report comment
(5y)

I rarely play the games. I started about ten different solutions for this, and ended up deciding...this is a tough one! I've got nothing! Box's solution seeems to be most logical. People will just have to be civil to each other in the unblocked sections, or face sanctions. Dr Evil has kicked people off before.

+7

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe That's exactly how this situation has come about. A group have come together and agreed a blocking strategy to unsettle anyone who expresses an unacceptable opinion or holds a view they don't agree with. After awhile I felt like I was under siege and if I dared object they might have me banned as had already happened to a friend. Wan't so bad when I found out I was in good company. -GC

+7

God
Report comment
(5y)

Admin should speak to the person(s) in question via PM and remove this thread.
That's my view.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Fair enough.

Dr Evil is on this thread, so he's seen it.

Ultimately, all of this is his decision.

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Thanks PV for your input.

I am not sure why you think the thread should be removed as it is just highlighting a problem that has been in existance for a while and offering proactive solutions to the problem.

+9

@..box.. I agree with you. I know it's a real shame that the person(s) may feel embarrassed, but that's the least they deserve :)

+7

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Hiding posts = problem, can't read posts of users who blocked you
Showing posts = problem, blocked users can reply and troll you
---
There's no 100% satisfying solution of this problem

+5

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Only use the block feature in the POLITICS and OFFTOPIC threads.

Can that be done?

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I believe what Box is saying is that the games should be a block free situation as well as "Movie News" and "Site News" and "Site Errors/Problems".

Box and other members here are saying that the games have been badly affected and the block has even had some feel as if they are excluded from the site and being bullied and that they should leave.

So having a partial unblock in those sections would be a half way solution for everyone as the Block would still function on the site and on their profiles.

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@ Agreed. Couldn't be a simpler solution. But instead our ability to carve out creeps was infinitely reduced - instead. JEEEEZUS

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) I'm sorry.

:(

+3

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I have only just seen this thread. I have noticed that I have also been blocked by someone who I have never ever even had a chat with or any interaction at all.??? I dunno what I have done wrong?? It has made joining in the games impossible. I try to always be friendly and never judge and if there is anything I disagree with or do not share the same views I just ignore or overlook as everyone is entitled to their own views. Sometimes people say things which I think are wrong or misguided but I would never block them for it. I just understand that we are all different and thats what makes the world great. We should celebrate our similarities and our differences otherwise the world would be boring and bland. I ask anyone in future to speak to me directly if I have ever done anything to offend anyone personally as I try not to do that and would always try to put it right. However, If you dislike me for being different to you, having different opinions to you or liking others who you dislike I ask you to look at yourself first as you are the one with a problem. ...
Read more

+11

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@laylaandpaz Thanks Layla for your welcome contribution and I share your sentiments regarding direct contact, in order to resolve any issues that I may have created unknowingly.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@laylaandpaz I agree with everything you have said, I too have been blocked for no reason, I don't join in the game forums as it's too much hassle and not fun, I have read your reviews and you have never been rude or offensive, I have never blocked anyone even those who spout nasty comments, perhaps she should be given a warning for misuse and if she continues to block for no good reason, a 3 day ban, she is alienating and upsetting too many people on this fantastic site.

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@laylaandpaz I'm really sorry this happened to you. It feels rotten, I know.

As you wrote, "We are all different", so it makes no sense to tell someone to juat not take it personally. It's not a solution.

It isn't your fault, or anything you did.

There is something very wrong with this other person.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I've been haunting forums since '94 and I've never seen a blocking feature that goes both ways. Blocking someone because you don't want to see their posts is understandable, but blocking them from seeing your posts is you making that decision for them.

Not sure what would be fair. Warning/banning someone for using an offered feature of the site? Maybe restrict blocking to opinion/news sections? Require the person to stay out of game threads?

+3

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@SoylentBrown facebook uses similar mechanism

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I've never used facebook. Not sure if it qualifies as a forum?

Nevertheless, it still seems illogical, but then I'm a Vulcan. :)

Still not sure how to fix it, other than changing it's function. TOS warnings maybe?

Report comment
(5y)

@SoylentBrown you know... there's no 100% solution that everybody's going to like

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Very true. I appreciate that you let us discuss these things though.

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@SoylentBrown thanks, but I still don't see a decent solution here

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil what if the person causing the problems gets a warning to stop? or they're kicked out..

+2

admin
Report comment
(5y)

dosmovies.com/user/tazergrrrl.... this user also abuses our blocking function

and of course dosmovies.com/user/EUNOIA....

These users have something wrong with their heads, and maybe they should visit a doctor. Who knows. A normal person wouldn't block without a reason. Maybe just Trolls?

+7

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Doc, I have to say that I agreeost with what Uunboundd suggested:

"When a member has blocked a large number of other members they should be automatically restricted from creating any threads or games. it only makes sense, if they have so much trouble accepting others or ignoring the ones they don't."

+6

@Dr.Evil Worse than trolls if you don't mind me saying.

The first person you mentioned sent me a friend request which I accepted, but she still has me blocked, tell me how does this make any sense?

I know it must be difficult for you, something like running a Day Care Centre for disturbed & sometimes dangerous children :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Didn't know liberally using a blocking feature constituted ABUSE, so guard your accusations please. I don't Unblock and Re-Block for any reason... certainly not to antagonize or bother anyone. I enjoy whittling past the cranky, and obnoxious - but especially the weird "lookey-loo guests" with duplicate/new/odd accounts for lurking. No idea why ppl invade and dwell on others - but for many (perhaps women more so) blocking resolved 100% and make this place FEEL SAFE. Thats about it... not a moments worth of trolling. Nor do I have any history of such. 0.0

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) No, you most certainly do not.

+5

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Please read this thread
dosmovies.com/forum/thread/User-blocking....

you all supported this

+6

Hide 7 replies...

@Dr.Evil In all due respect, that just hasn't worked out at all..

It's still happening, with no viable solution.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil As I was not here at the time, I read the thread recently and as a major change in the way ALL people interact I was surprised that I had to log out to see the final Executive Summary because I am blocked by the person who was let to finish the thread – a bit ironic by anyone’s standards.

The fact is that this blocking system was created to protect members from abusive exchanges with other members. Period.

The consequences in the different system were mentioned but not included in any plan. (see image below) So this part of the thread was ignored.

The whole introduction was seen as more a point of humour, rather than a restriction that was later manipulated by an infantile mind to create a semi-private forum and no one tried to stop the empire from expanding because she had banned most of the members that use the GAMES. Her games were encouraged and at least one monitor is devoted to them without seemingly questioning why so much space should be devoted to one person.
Read more

+9

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. seriously, who the fck is she to be the bloody welcome wagon for two-movies? she has done nothing but create division among the community here, yet puts herself in front of everyone else as if she were the second in command.

+18

Report comment
(5y)

@uunboundd Now there is the rub UU.

What is her position and why has it taken so long to reach this point with all these testemonies and evidence?

There is the rub, my friend.

+12

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. what we need is an eraser to rubber out of here, once and for all.

+8

Report comment
(5y)

@uunboundd Curiouser and curiouser...

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I never saw the thread since I don't actually come here consistently.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

💊Dr.Evil💊 i feel for you trying to handle these situations and appreciate your ongoing efforts to improve two-movies for everyone. i just never liked the part where admins have to play babysitter for the few who can't get along with, or in spite of others. one of the top rules of facebook groups i've seen lately is no blocking, because they simply don't want the headache it causes.
that said, public forums should remain public. if a blocker has issue with so many people, they should be automatically restricted from creating any threads or games. it only makes sense, if they have so much trouble accepting others or ignoring the ones they don't.

+8

Report comment
(5y)

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANOUNCEMENT

Dear All,

I would like to notify you that I just got blocked by EUNOIA, even though she and I have never exchanged a single word. I just happened to congratulate RAVENOUSbird on her handling of the situation and that was it.....

dosmovies.com/forum/thread/New-Members-H....

I guess we are family now smiley smiley smiley

+10

Hide 37 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd you monster!!smiley

*jk

+8

Report comment
(5y)

@uunboundd I was a baaad boy, apparently smiley smiley

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley This entire thread is killing me right now!!! lol i love it! she blocked me after adding me when I first joined and I was crushed! I was like wtf!:( ... now, I think the whole thing is hilarious. She's uniting people in a way... ;) hahha welcome to the club

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@maeGastar smiley The ol' bait and switch!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@maeGastar Last night, I was reading this thread and I got the suspicion I might be next in the blocking adventure, after supporting RAVENOUSbird earlier in the afternoon. SO I went back to the post and...voila. I was telling Mrs. TragicMouse yesterday that this is by far the funniest thing that has happened to me on this site. I am still laughing at it. smiley smiley smiley

And come to think of it, she is uniting people indeed. All of a sudden, we all have something in common and we are all from the four corners of the earth.

+3

@JudgeDredd Yes it's really strange how this all came about, although I'd bet her backside is stinging just a little bit right now. smiley

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Especially now, where Dr. Evil has cleared all blocking data smiley smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd (you're good at explaining things) Does that mean
he's removed our ability to block someone else?

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@WhirledPeas Actually I am not sure. I haven't tried to block anyone.

He certainly unblocked every person from all the blocking lists on the site.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd Thanks for sharing Mandale.

This is the MO of EUNOIA and it is defenseless. I wish she would take the opportunity to read this thread and realise that what she is doing is affecting many,many members here in 2M and instead of "welcoming" she should learn to "cohabit" with her fellow members.

And still she is allowed to block? I can't understand.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. That's the thing...you cant reason with some people. You just let it be. She reminds me of my ex, who once stopped talking to a common friend of ours because she didn't say hello to her. The fact that this friend had her back on us and didn't see us, didn't seem to dissuade her from her decision.

Well, at least now we all feel welcomed. I do at least. Think of it as the initiation procedure of 2M smiley smiley smiley We should make this official. You are not a full member until you end up in the blocking list of EUNOIA smiley

+8

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd Do we get points?

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum I think an honorary promotion to the next level is in order smiley smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd Agreed!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd I guess writing that this was a misuse of the system isn't so true now?? LOL

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@ It was the funniest misuse of the system by far smiley

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd Lol I meant your original post.

What she does affects everyone differently, however, sadly, NONE of it is appropriate use of blocking.

Who in the world should ever need to block 50+ people on a movie site??

It says a lot about her, not any of the other people.

Apparently now, along with all of us "trolling" her, she feels that no one is talking directly to her... :(

It would be impossible to do if you're blocked. Geeezus you don't have to be Einstein

to figure that out. Duh Enouia. smiley

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@ How do you know it's 50+ ?

Report comment
(5y)

@ Wow!!!! That is certainly adding insult to injury. I am not a psychologist, just a poor lawyer, but I have come across this sort of mentality quite a few times. Most noteworthy example and the one closest to home was my ex. Emphasis on the "ex" part. The erroneous justifications and the constant lying to support the illusions of her decision making, were beyond logical explanation. I recognise a lot of these traits in EUNOIA.

She clearly has a Victim Mentality, whereby she identifies herself as a victim of the negative actions of others, and continues to behave as if this were the case in the face of contrary evidence of such circumstances.

The strange thing here is that 2M is primarily a movie site with the forum function as an ancillary activity. If one feels persecuted by the majority of the members, why continue to engage with them in the first place. And the engagement part is on the passive side, as the blocking function would only convey an impression that this user is just not talking to you rather than convey an actual message.
Read more

+8

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd Spot on with that entire insight.

There is always Netflix, which has no contact with members, or other sites where there is no forum and no PMs.

It's a simple solution, but as you say, there is a method to her madness.

I was calling it "Internet Munchhausen Syndrome".

lol

+9

Report comment
(5y)

@ IMS !!!! Has a better ring to it and has an eerie similarity with another syndrome, that although entirely different, bears identical results. IBS, Irritable bowel syndrome smiley smiley smiley

+4

@ Internet munchausen syndrome...😂🤣😂🤣💀💀

Report comment
(5y)

@ any use noticed that it says she's from Canada yet it shows she's using a TESCO. mobile SIM card ? and am pretty sure it's only the uk that does them hahahaha

+5

@chaseyerself She told me when she first joined here I looked familiar.... and she asked WHERE I LIVED .... she told me she lived less than two blocks away...

Says a lot right there....

+3

@chaseyerself Not only that, she uses a VPN and has admitted that, a VPN can make you look like your from anywhere in the world.... (Virtual Private Network).

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 The VPN can change the IP signature, not the provider, which is what Tesco is.

The provider shows at the top of your phone and doesn't change with a VPN because it's got nothing to do with it.

+2

@ Wonder how you'd change the provider name then? Interesting.....

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Well, you cannot change the provider...

But, Box pointed out to me that Chase may have been talking about the screen shot I put up?

If that's the case, it's from MY phone and is indeed Tesco Mobile.

haha!! smiley smiley smiley

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@ This comment has been sponsered by Tesco Mobile - for all your 2MOOBS needs.

No animals were hurt in the making of this comment ....

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. if you have or feel effected by this. you can PM. chase at anytime for some senior guru LOVE 😍😍😍😍

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Thanks for volunteering chase. Still shook up and i keep looking at my phone expecting Tesco to be there or even Euonia. Nerves are shot. We are looking at a full botttle of Macallan to recover. You think she is with the CIA or the other lot? This is the plot for next season's Homeland!!! Too much. No ice please and just leave the bottle, good man.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. the comments are flying in now 😎 i dont think we have had a good forum thread like this for a long time hahaha

Report comment
(5y)

@ yea that's what I was meaning 👍

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Is that right?

Well, well, that CANNOT be Canada. Ireland has Tesco as well, but it's definitely NOT in Canada...

Although, we shouldn't be at all surprised to find out this is just another lie to add to the pile.

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@ I noticed it showed tesco on the screen shot and as far as I know it's only uk / Britain that does tesco , so that itself is an obvious lie 🤔
the other thing that caught my attention was the amount of ref clicks on her page ?? that's rather odd for a user who's no friends list blocked most the site users yet has so many ref points ? how does that work out lol

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself RavenousBird just told you that tesco screen shot is her (RavenouBird) I dont see how it is another lie told be Enoia.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@PseudoRogue sorry my bad 😱
I read Ravensbird reply wrong , see i have dyslexia well kinda like that , and some times well about 99% time i misanthrope ( i think thats how u spell it ) what am reading ? so i take back the tesco comment but the ref clicks 🤔🤔🤔 yea i still question that 1 👍 hope thats cleared my comment up for you

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

comment is hidden

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@IamBlue For shame , for shaaame!

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I have only blocked one person, because every time I was in a post,this person was screaming,yelling,profanities and anti-politics-sh*t so much, it ruined everyone's conversation.I absolutely could not stand the deliberate foul-mouthed yelling,piss-throwing,low-animal vileness this person posted.--so I blocked them.I am aware that people have blocked me.I don't care, let em block me.

If I paid attention to every little tilt of the nose, I'd be outta kleenex by now. smiley

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Some posts to various members were so vile, the filthy epithets, the antisemitism, I felt sure these would be seen as contravening the TOS and a moderator would step in but they never did. When it continued and it happened to me, I found it very isolating. -GC

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Thanks for sharing your experience on the matter. Sorry you have to go through that. Hopefully we can find a balance to stop this and also unite people inder the same umbrella.

master
Report comment
(5y)

Just stop having the comment show up... if no one knows someone is blocked (cuz the comment doesn't show) and blocking is only between two people (instead of interfering with everyone), then no one else will get included and therefore not miss out on anything..

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@WhirledPeas Thank you for the suggestion WP.

In a game/activity, the non blocked participants will see the entry and if the next one depends on the last one then the problem will still be there as some will see and other won't. On the games/activities threads we need to see all the entries to be able to continue.

Appreciate your participation.

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. thnx for info

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. if blocking meant that only the blocker and block-ed can't see each other and no one else can tell.. would they really be playing if they couldn't see each other?
and maybe since I don't play, I don't have the right game logic,, so I'm just wondering..

Report comment
(5y)

@WhirledPeas The games/activities depend on previous entries to continue so although the blocker/blockee cannot see each others entries, there would be repetition and stories wouldn't make sense and it would be messy for the others.

master
Report comment
(5y)

I think this short information film sums up the current blocking situation succinctly and humorously.

youtu.be/fYiwrUbfw1A

smiley

+5

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@shabbapaul I think (know) I leaked from many places (including eyes) on seeing this. Thank you shabbapaul - this is priceless.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@shabbapaul lol,, lol,, lol,, lol

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@shabbapaul Class!!!
smiley smiley smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@shabbapaul So, so funny, brill. smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@shabbapaul smiley smiley smiley smiley Priceless

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Warning, I removed all blocking data, now we have limits. It will be a lot harder to abuse the system.
About limits. Currently 10 is the maximum of blocked users you can have. And yes I wiped everyone's block list.

+12

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Thank you, Doc.

You always work hard to listen to members and be fair with any decisions.

What you do here is very appreciated. :)

+8

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil So what exactly has changed? Is there a limit on the number of people you can block?

Does removed all blocking data mean you wiped everyone's block list?

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks Doc answered in his original post that you replied to (he added it so you didn't miss it).

Just pointing it out in case you hadn't seen it. :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ Thanks RB smiley

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil How long is the time limit until you can block again?

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@RandomOne Doc answered in his original post that you replied to (he added it so you didn't miss it).

Just pointing it out in case you hadn't seen it. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ I didn't miss it, it doesn't answer my question.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@RandomOne OK. :)

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I'm glad this is beenig handled, thanks. PS. I also think that she is incredebly annoying user.

+10

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I think the one-sided approach is probably the least disruptive. LOTRO has something similar, which is an 'ignore' list. It's cosmetic from the side of whoever chooses to ignore someone else. Is it perfect? No probably not, but the block approach sounds a bit petty and disruptive. If someone starts being abusive you can just handle that on a case by case basis.

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@bitshifter700 Tyler,

I am not familiar with LOTRO - how would it work practically in the forum? I block so I don't see, but everyone else can see and the blockee can see what I posted? Is that difficult to introduce? I am just being nosey now as I am not the decision maker nor the coder.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Well, I think the idea is if you ignore someone you don't see anything they post. It doens't affect anyone other than you.
I don't think I've ever used it on anyone other than spammers.

Report comment
(5y)

@bitshifter700 OK Tyler - thanks for getting back on that. Sounds like an interesting function.

Report comment
(5y)

@bitshifter700 What's LOTRO?

I don't think this system has that capacity (ignore).

We do handle things on a case by case basis. It hasn't worked in this instance, so the system had to be updated.

Thanks anyways. :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ It's this mmorpg I play, Lord of the Rings Online

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

+6

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Nice one!

+2

admin
Report comment
(5y)

About limits. Currently 10 is the maximum of blocked users you can have. And yes I wiped everyone's block list. Also you can't block/unblock very often.

Please use blocking only if the user really annoys you.

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil practical - and more importantly, realistic. kudos to you for reigning in this issue with good common sense.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Doc....could you do one more thing? If someone blocks us...can we see who it was? All we see now is a statement that we have been blocked. I'd like to know who did it. Or a list of who has me blocked. Or have you already done that? I've been gone. Thanks.

+6

God
Report comment
(5y)

I just read your forum and you said it PERFECTLY!! Thank you for all that you do, including sticking up for your friends. I appreciate all the time it took for you to do that pls other attempts to stopping her madness.
Your friend always,
Teeny💋💋

+5

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Thanks teeny for you kind words.

+1

God

I'm late to the party apparently. Glad I found this thread because I knew something was off when I could all of a sudden see comments by the block queen a.k.a. Blockbuster.

Initially I thought she forgot to block me again after another block, unblock, block, unblock, block fit again, but now I see said the blind man.

+9

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@◦•●◉✿♡Momof3αηgєℓѕ♡✿◉●•◦ Mom of Three

You just made it and with an antique - well you have a lot of reading here and I think this may not be the end of the adventure. So hold on to whatever you think will fly away on the 2moobs rollercoaster. Ciao

+1

@..box.. It's a damn shame that all this is even an issue. Thanks for putting forth all that time and energy into what you did for this thread. It's an old issue, but one that keeps rearing its ugly head and not going away. Unfortunately, i don't think it will ever really dissipate unless she grows up, decides to make a change and also stop playing the victim OR she leaves. Neither of which am I willing to wager anything on.

+5

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

So, this means next time I see the infamous 'This Comment Is Hidden' message, I can feel extra special for taking up 1 of the precious 10 blockee places. 😀

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Hey DF, so special and not block on/block off si vous plait. Poco a poco hermana.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

I think its odd how you all just cant ignore the person whose blocked you. as Markx83 said, you dont even need to be logged in to see the comment. I think its most of you with your egos believing people have to like you. You arent owed explanations as to why people have blocked you or unfriended you. If someone decides they dont want to talk to you just accept it and go on with your day. All this drama over someone's post is so irrelevant to everything in general. I dont see how it messed with the enjoyment of forum games. I mean u can always just skip that person. Its also hillarious how you all were in local chat trying to start a rumor that Enoia is a liar and uses tesco mobile and figure out where she lives and whats going on with her life. I dont know her or ever spoke to her but it just seems super rediculous that 1 person has affected all of you so much you are trying to start a rumor she is a liar and should be banned for simply deciding some of you arent worth knowing.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@PseudoRogue Euonia has blocked many, many people for no apparent reason. You may think she was justified and was applying the rules of the forum. That could be argued.

Imagine in the real world, a person walks up to u, slaps you on the face, runs back to her home and will not speak about the incident and neither the reason for doing it.

Not only that, she opens 10 casinos in your street and you can enter but not play as all the games are rigged and there are no instructions but you see her and some of her "friends/non blockees" playing away. But she always plays behind frosted glass and she still won't offer an explanation.

That is manipulating the reasons why the block was introduced (to protect members). Why do you protect yourself from members you have never met?

If you read the latest posts, you will see that the image was a funny misunderstanding and was quickly remedied.
Read more

+10

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Blocking is a right. Right's have costs. I am / was grateful for those who blocked me. What other people think of me is none of my business. My serenity is now greatly diminished. I've only ever blocked one twit. The one which colluded with a mod to delete my news. Btw, thank you doc for making well founded adjustments to that. 2movies is a work in progress. Every step won't in the right direction nor be supported by all. Nevertheless, I support your efforts toward improvement. Thank you for this wonderful site. smiley

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Bread&Circuses I appreciate that blocking is a useful privilege that should not be abused, otherwise it defeats it's purpose and creates more restment than it solves.

I put this thread out there because it was being abused in the games zone and I made it very clear that blocking would be very necessary in discussion forums like News and Politics.

I hope your serenity returns and you continue with that sharp political humour.

Thanks for the contribution as always.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@Bread&Circuses No one colluded with me.

I deleted your news because people were using violent and inappropriate language that was against the TOS.

Sometimes closing an article isn't enough.

You expressed being "hurt" to me that your news stories were deleted in a PM where I discussed this with you already.

I am sorry you felt hurt.
it was NOT personal and NO ONE pointed the news stories out to me. I read them myself.

These are the facts, not feelings, around that deletion.

Again, I am sorry that you felt hurt. It was and never has been, personal but is 100% according to the TOS that we all behave like adults and not use derogatory, inflammatory, abusive language.

I love the site, too.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

I bet it was the same mod publically accosting frac1 for posting news articles then deleting them. then colluding with a friend to publicly claim someone was racist and banned them without evidence of said racism but going on information provided by her two-movies best friends say so. Some of the things said in this forum make me seriously question the mental capacity and egos of some of you. just saying. The inability to skip over someones post in a game seems super rediculous.

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PseudoRogue No, it's not any Mod.

Obviously you didn't read what Box wrote, nor are you either of the other members you mention and what you wrote shows how you know absolutely nothing factual.

Neither was FRAC suspended for posting news articles. How absurd.

FRAC was suspended for posting a link to a members profile 3 times in chat and asking other members to block or demean her, after being warned to stop doing it, and then refusing to comply with the suspension from chat and verbal abuse through PMs.

DWC was never suspended for "being racist". She was suspended for a variety of infractions and for refusing to adhere to TOS and openly threatening comments.

Get the actual facts straight instead of posting complete and utter lies, heresay, and obvious ignorance.

And most importantly, read the thread before you comment .

I had nothing to do with it at all with this thread being made nor did I play ANY of the games Enouia made, nor am I interested in any interaction with her ever. If she had stayed blocked and blocking I wouldn't have cared. She doesn't affect me at all. The fact is, other members are hurt and upset, not me.
Read more

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@PseudoRogue Please stick to the topic of the thread -

"STOP the BLOCK" - Misuse of blocking function in general forum.

Thanking you in advance.

+4

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,749 reviews • 122,412 films • 18,479 TV series