This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,387 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

New Members ~ Hello & Welcome to Two-Movies! (961 views, 21 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I have not seen a thread like this yet so here it is...

I would just like to say Hello and Welcome to all new members :)

I know when I first signed up here as a member , it took me some time to figure this site out as it was very different than what I was accustomed to on another site. Also, not everyone is very open to new members here so you may experience some unfriendly folks - I know I had my share but also came across some REALLY kind souls. I hope this thread brings out the best! Enjoy :)

+6

Report comment
(5y)

smiley Thanks Eunoia. <br> <br> <br> <br>

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DUBIE Hiya DUBIE! You are very welcome ;) Hope your day is blessed!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@DUBIE Welcome to the site!

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Welcome All! Stick around this is a wonderful site with many beautiful and unique people. smiley

+6

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

warm welcome to all new members smiley

happy Friday and have a blessed weekend! smiley

God
Report comment
(5y)

So, you're being trolled are you?

Is that how you feel?

Is that why you block brand new members after you tell them to register?

Is that why you don't have the decency to answer a direct question?

You're being trolled, but YOU have 50+ members on your blocked list???

In my opinion, you need someone to help you re-evaluate WHY you find it necessary to block the majority of the active members on the site --

...and anyone else that you dislike for any reason (such as they disagreed with your review of film, or their friends with someone whose avatar you don't like, etc.)

...and then post new game threads, which no one can play except for brand new people, who you end up blocking for no reason anyways!

WHY??

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and realise that you have created this whole situation out of thin air. Look up the phrase "Streisand Effect", it may help you.

What you did to that new member who had no experience on this site was MEAN.
Read more

+10

Hide 14 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ Way to go!!!!! Kudos for being a straight shooter smiley smiley smiley

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd It's just how I am. I try not to offend and I honestly don't hold grudges, I just really love the site and honesty believe that it can be a place that's good for everyone. :)

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@ I am the same way. I love to argue in a constructive and respectful manner and I avoid at all costs offending or using derogatory language.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and that is respected above anything else. Especially negative opinions. These are respected even more. The only thing you can do is accept it and move on. You cant like or please everyone in the world.

+4

@JudgeDredd Exactly my feelings on this subject. I don't take sides eg. left/right and hate seeing the nastiness when people do that.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 The idea is that you are supposed to behave online in exactly the same manner that you would conduct yourself in society. The fact that two people disagree is the foundation of progress and civilisation. Certainly not cause for de-evolution.

Yet some people in here take rejection of their opinions and beliefs in such a manner that makes them prime contenders for the Darwin Awards.

+3

@JudgeDredd Profoundly & correctly put Mr. Mandale!👍👍

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Thank you Mrs. TragicMouse smiley

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@ This comment is awesome.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@ditzygypsy The behind the scenes trolling, complaining and profound misuse of the block needs to be stopped.

Either by reason or by force.

It's really a choice she has to make.

+6

@ Excellent post! You covered the entire mess. Thnx for doing so! 👍👍👍

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@ And YESSSSSS, I was just blocked by EUNOIA, even though she and I have never exchanged a single word.

Now I feel part of the 2 movies family smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

+5

@JudgeDredd Welcome, yeah you now officially belong lol smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 smiley smiley smiley This is the funniest thing that happened to me in this site.

+3

@JudgeDredd Oh yeah? Give it some time, it gets even funnier (if you can call it that)
smiley smiley

+4

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I’m having some weird Déjà vu in yet another forum post here, but I’d still like to say Hello to any new members. I almost never read my mail because I forget, so please don’t be offended if I don’t reply to a message (I’m not called Ditzygypsy for no reason), but if you love movies, this is a great site!

+3

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,387 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series