About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,749 reviews
122,412 films • 18,479 TV series

Users Online (1103 views, 39 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I just wanted to say Hi to all the current "Users Online" which right now shows 632 members! smiley If you're new to two-movies then WELCOME to this site! smiley To all the quiet members that never or rarely post in the Forum Threads, Hello smiley

What are some of the best films you have recently watched?

What is your favourite genre of film?

Which TV Series are in your Top 10?

smiley

It's mostly the same members who post in the forum so I hope to see some new users if possible. After all 600+ online is a lot. Cheers!

+5

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A thanks,Eunoia,I had no idea we were that big!!

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I did not know either but that is what it says on the right panel of this site LOL where are all these members? I would love to read their comments on movies/shows and in the "friendly" forum threads. It's seems to only be about the same 20+ people all of the time... glad to see a few new members in this post and look forward to more. Not excluding any regulars either, just saying.

+1

expert
Report comment
(5y)

A geezer here. Love the movies from the 40's/50's. Thanks...

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dandman Hey Dandman!

The older ones are the better ones. I been watching films from the 70's-90's lately as I am bored with all the new crap.

I intend to cover the best films from 40's - 50's in the future. What would you recommend?

Thank you for replying ;)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dandman You is right, Dandman :)

expert
Report comment
(5y)

I just watched "Boy on a Dolphin". Sophia Loren was great, I'm liking some of the Rand productions as well......In 1958 the original "Dunkirk" was far better than the current one, John Mills was great....

+4

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dandman I have added them to my watch-list as I plan to watch the 1958 Dunkirk before the newer version. I did not even know it existed lol Thank you so much ;)I always appreciate recommendations especially from someone who has possibly lived through the era. I use to watch a lot of oldies with my parents as a child but have forgotten many titles aside from the familiar classics.

Do you have any current favourites be it movie or TV shows?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Another John Mills/Charles Laughton flick I really like is "Hobsons Choice". British humor is truly a secret. Ya gotta be quick to catch it..

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dandman I concur, British humour is a required taste for sure. I think they do well with crime series as well. A lot of the time even better than American series.

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

I was a Trekkie,and burnt out on it,I still like The Original Star Trek.Babylon Five was like a real novel,a history of "The Great War",(several novels,as they also made separate movies.)But the series itself was an incredibly well written and acted t.v.series.Most t.v,sci-fi (or even movie sci-fi)does not write as if all the situations and characters were REAL. smiley

I usually like old black/white movies on Turner Classic Movies.--but I have tried to find movies made in the 60's and 70's,when I was young.--Some were very good.I agree,the older ones are the better ones.Even old black/white science fiction.A favorite is"20 million miles to Earth:"its under another name,professor-(Brit scientist)something!(senior moment).Great story of alien"insects"spaceship embedded in a London cement structure--for many ages.But yes,I love lots of old science fiction movies!"Soylent Green",and "Invasion of the Saucer Men,"(it really scared us as kids.)"The Thing"in b/w,the original was VERY SCARY.The Giant Octopus that climbed Golden Gate Bridge.--Old science fiction was ambitious!I always said "The Ten Commandments" was my favorite movie because it was such a great production even before special effects,following the correct religious text.--with excellent major actors,who made it credible.--and the age of REAL EXTRAS,real actors,lots of them.No one makes beautiful,complete movie productions any more of that quality. ...
Read more

+2

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I forgot to ask,"how do I search to get mostly all the old black/white science fiction movies,on two-movies"?The filter picks up mostly HORROR.(I love the old English horror)not sci-fi,does anyone have a COLLECTION of them,on the site,or youtube?Anyone got"link to many of them,on youtube?(my searches don't work.)Also,does anyone know what happened to the old t.v.series"The Defenders"an attorney and his adult son,law partners.?It must have been in the 60's,I have NO IDEA IF IT IS still existing!I remember it was one of the best LAW T.V.shows ever made.--(WHERE???) :(

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 the decade is teh 60's and the genre is science fiction/black and white films that you are looking for?

I will see if I can help figure it out and if this site even has much if any ;)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I forgot to ask,"how do I search to get mostly all the old black/white science fiction movies,on two-movies"?The filter picks up mostly HORROR.(I love the old English horror)not sci-fi,does anyone have a COLLECTION of them,on the site,or youtube?Anyone got"link to many of them,on youtube?(my searches don't work.)Also,does anyone know what happened to the old t.v.series"The Defenders"an attorney and his adult son,law partners.?It must have been in the 60's,I have NO IDEA IF IT IS still existing!I remember it was one of the best LAW T.V.shows ever made.--(WHERE???) :(

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I figured out how to search and find what you're looking for or at least I think I have. I will add them to a playlist soon then share it with you. I just clicked on "Movies" at the top right of this site next to "Home" and used "old browsing/search version" then pick the year and genre and voila there they are or what this site has to offer. You have to go through year by year but it's there. :) Let me know if you find it too. I hope this helps, cheers!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Speaking of old sci-fi films... when I was a child they would play the weirdest more interesting movies after mid-night when I would pretend to be asleep on the livingroom floor LOL and stay up on weekends watching these odd (mostly silent) films that I have never been able to find. There's one I recall worms coming out the shower head filling up the bathroom... to even ones I do recall like killer tomatoes :D but these are the unknown films I would love to find as well. I had sites on my old laptop that were all dedicated to just OLD black and white movies... when I find these BNW sci-fi you speak of, I will message you as I been hooked on older films later from all genres though mostly crime/thriller/horror... like I stated above , i am tired of the new sh*t films that are released constantly being a disappointment so time to travel back in time and see what I have missed out on ;)
Read more

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A all good old horror;(and ,PINE WOOD STUDIOS, ENGLAND horror (??not sure of years, 60's and 70's,DRACULA)I recommend.

only horror i don't care for is "newish blood and gore-horror"--lots of gore and blood I don't like as much.

oops,i forgot,i have a soft spot for "Hellraiser:1 and 2".too much blood,but they ARE VERY SCARY--the whole premise is scary!!.--i never watched "Elm Street,"I figured it would be a little too much.

I think Turner Classic Movies has silent films Sunday night-.wE HAVE "sHADOW OF A vAMPIRE",where a real vampire plays one,in a movie!!it's great!!you'll love it!thank you,Eunoia,i like your comments too.:)

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

smiley smiley

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

Best movie I've seen in a while- Dark Horse dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Dark_Horse_201....

Best recent movie- Deadpool 2, much better than Avengers 3

Favorite tv shows- Silicon Valley, Schitt's Creek, Bob's Burgers. Cobra Kai and Better Call Saul

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@BrunoAxemaker I am not sure if I seen Dark Horse already but either way I added to my watch-list. Silicon Valley and Better Call Saul are in my faves too. Cobra Kai started off well in my opinion then just was weaksauce - my hubby and I were disappointed. I don't know what Bob's Burgers is or ever watched Schitt's Creek but think it's Canadian.

I mostly like dark twisted films - crimes, thrillers, fantasy but especially horrors. Not too keen on comedy as it rarely makes me laugh. ha.

Do you have a fave genre?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Schitt's Creek is a great show (even if it's Canadian ha). It stars Eugene Levy and his son and daughter.

He and his family were used to living in Beverly Hills but after a fraud investigation they have to relocate to a long term motel in a podunk town.

His son is the best character on the show. He plays the spoiled flamboyant fish out of water perfectly.

Catherine O'Hara is always great. She's his wife, a former soap opera star that has to make every interaction with townspeople dramatic.

I like cultish, strange films. Sometimes I like to just turn my brain off and watched a superhero movie or something with Will Farrell. I like a lot of the comics people seem to hate- Rob Schneider, David Spade and Jay Mohr. Nick Swardson is always good.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@BrunoAxemaker Eh! :D Us Canadians have some great series especially in the sci-fi genre but I just have not had the chance to watch Schitt's Creek and a few other Canadian gems that I can't recall the titles of at the moment.. all on to watch list which is very long lol

I tend to LOVE most films that people HATE and bounce around genres depending on my mood. I also am a huge fan of Foreign films.

+1

skilled
Report comment
(5y)

I like spooky/supernatural movies mainly.

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@udahntiudahndo I prefer the dark and twisted + spooky supernatural as well.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@udahntiudahndo Maybe you would like some Asian horror,cause it really gets very supernatural--They do GHOST STORIES,OH WOW!!--I think their culture still appreciates the folk-tales and old supernatural beliefs,and it helps authenticity--believing that you can "photograph ghosts" is interesting.--or "trap"them.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I have a healthy respect for the Spirit world. I know most of them folk tales are based on something real. Stories passed down from generation to generation. Some tend to get lost in translation but if you do the research they are based on real life events that are twisted by active imaginations. Every now and again someone will ask me what I think of using a Ouija board or trying to photograph a ghost and my answer is the same. You may find what you are looking for and chances are pretty good it will not be what you think it is.

expert
Report comment
(5y)

The Good Earth

+2

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dandman I searched the title and found it on here WOWZA 1937! now that is an oldie for sure - drama/romance - added to my watch list. Thank you for sharing :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I just watched "On the Beach"w/Gregory Peck, not too many movies effect me much. But this one does.....

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dandman Yes, "On the Beach" was so good it's frightening.They were trying to scare us out of using the A-BOMB.--BESIDES Japan. I read about the A-Bombs on Japan,it sounded like Hell on Earth.

the most horrible thing is many of those unstable countries have the A-bomb now.--or almost.-

-"The Good Earth"was by Pearl Buck, my dad got her autograph, finally,she was in Oregon.--There is another movie(from a book)"the Japanese invading China"during WW2,she also wrote. You might like it(but i can't remember name??!!maybe we can find it by "from the book" search.

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 --I have changed my mind,bout "different countries not getting along,on the Web." Now I think it depends on WHO IT IS,that you talk to,and their attitude, too.A lotta nations have a "thing" about America,automatically.But I also cannot just say,"Oh,all Canadians are like this!!"--stereo-types. We're all individuals too.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Yes I agree as I really do not care for stereotypes and as the saying goes

"labels are for cans, not people"

I enjoy getting to know other cultures and people from around the globe. Never judge someone based on anything aside from the way they treat me. Especially never judge someone by someone else's words either. I try to avoid people who are always wanting to argue, stir the pot and are too controversial. Life has enough drama and difficulties, no need to embrace them on the web as well. Although sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the bullsh*t but we are just human and when we can pause then take a breath to correct ourselves, that's all that matters.

We are ALL different and that's awesome!

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Did you know, america/cia dosed a town in france w/lsd in the 50's.....Did you know america had info but withheld it that would have stopped the war in vietnam in the 50's......we like killing...the world knows it..

expert
Report comment
(5y)

Does it take something special to get a VEE HD link to work???? To date I have never gotten one to watch......

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dandman I haven't used a veehd link in quite some time but it used to be that you had to sign up with them to watch a vid.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,749 reviews • 122,412 films • 18,479 TV series