This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,857 reviews
122,457 films • 18,487 TV series

The Most NUTritious - Nutrition Tier Lists: Nuts (281 views, 11 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(1y)

The next time you're digging through a bag of trail mix, maybe stop to think about what you might be missing when you only pick out the M&Ms. While nuts may not be the cornerstone of many peoples' diets - they may be the most nutrient dense collection of foods on the planet. Today we will be breaking down which ones can be your go to snack and which one's are best left in the bag, if any.

All nutrient data is pulled from the USDA's National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference.

Introducing: Nuts - 0:00
Acorns - 2:15
Almonds - 3:45
Brazil Nuts - 4:58
Cashews - 6:50
Chestnuts - 7:55
Hazelnuts - 8:54
Macadamia Nuts - 9:46
Peanuts - 10:31
Pecans - 11:54
Pine Nuts - 12:24
Pistachios - 13:10
Walnuts - 14:02
Conclusion - 15:14

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Great clip. Thanks PV. I have a serving of pistachios, almonds and walnuts most every day. Going to have to treat myself to cashews more frequently. smiley

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Bread&Circuses Yes i thought that vid was very well put together. Your welcome. smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@Bread&Circuses The next time you have a slice of (mature) cheese, try pressing some crushed walnuts in it, very tasty.

+1

guru
Report comment
(1y)

Nice video, well presented. Here is a recipe using nuts I recently tried. It looks funky but it tastes great and us very filling.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DjtoDPC...

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@Wander Not heard of this method of keeping bread before, thanks for sharing. smiley

+2

God
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

The Most Popular Meats Ranked - Nutrition Tier Lists: Meats

Meats. Often the centerpiece of the meal, meats offer a certain nutritional profile that is very difficult to impossible to replicate without them. Not all meats are created equal though. Today we will be breaking down their nutritional profiles to see which ones you should be building your meal plan around, and which ones are best left on the shelf.

For those of you paying attention. Yes this is a remake. I wanted to redo it way more thorough and include a few more of the meats that are common in day to day life.

All nutrient data is pulled from the USDA's National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference.

Introducing: Meats - 0:00
Bacon - 2:06
Beef - 5:01
Bison - 7:13
Bratwurst - 8:37
Chicken Breast - 9:54
Chicken Thigh - 11:05
Cod - 12:14
Crab - 13:11
Duck - 14:16
Egg - 15:09
Goat - 16:32
Ham - 17:27
Hot Dog - 18:45
Lamb - 19:58
Liver - 20:54
Mutton - 22:11 (All that [SPOILER] ...
Read more

+1

Hide 1 reply...

guru
Report comment
(1y)

Here are a couple of ways to take advantage of sales and have cooked meat you can store on a shelf without refrigeration. Here in the US, we are entering into the harvest and slaughter season. The deer and elk seasons are coming up too. (sneaky tip, if you know an elk hunter hunting for meat, not a trophy, chat them up. Elk are just so big most hunters do not have enough freezer space to store all that meat so they are often looking for people to give the excess to). Very soon we will have the lowest price of the year on things like pork and chicken so this is one way to take advantage of that. A local store has chicken legs and wings on sale for $.99 so I bought 24 pounds of legs and 8 pounds of wings and I did this with them yesterday. My total work time was about 40 minutes.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERrJGtF0...
I used a generic chicken seasoning mix on half and paprika on the other to try it out.

Here is one for pork that will surprise you if you have never heard of using fat to preserve meat.
Read more

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Wander Your videos reminded me of my grandparents who canned their home-grown vegetables and fruits during harvest time. As a child, I was enthralled by the sight of all those canning jars in their basement.

The current price increases have prompted me to buy a fridge so I can freeze special offers. I will also turn to the art of canning.

Thx!

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD Once you get started it is easy to learn. You can easily spend $150 and up for a pressure canner but pressure cookers and canners are almost staples at thrift stores and there are plenty of videos on how to choose a good one. For what it is worth, I think this guy's channel is great for a beginner, he cans everything. He even has one on how to do an emergency can if your power goes out for an extended time and you need to save the meat in your freezer to keep it from spoiling.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQAIBK6y...

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@Wander Here in the UK you would still have to store in the fridge for a good part of the year.
That pork looked lovely. smiley

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,857 reviews • 122,457 films • 18,487 TV series