This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,695 reviews
122,387 films • 18,475 TV series

Spoiler button obviously does not apply in program reviews (1069 views, 16 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru

Why is it that people are giving away major plots on episodes of programs, yet if someone does that in the movie review section they are removed!

So spoiler button can be skipped for programs than.
I have always read reviews to see if it's worth watching, but it seems for programs it's where some discuss what they just watched with no regards to those that haven't seen it yet and are about to watch it! But I'm told it's our own fault and we shouldn't be reading the reviews before we have watched the episode!

I'm all for discussions on programs et but I thought we had to use spoiler button in reviews sections, plain and simple. Why do he rules not apply for programs. Why the double standards.

+6

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

I think we should use spoiler buttons in TV episodes? Are they not being policed as carefully? Are people getting careless? Seems like a good idea to me.

+2

expert
Report comment
(4y)

agreed smiley

+2

senior guru

Absolutely go check out the walking dead and game of thrones! In fact I just had an argument with a master on here who giving away away the main plots in the show! But it was my fault she said for looking at the reviews first and because the program is 5 years old, she seemed to think rules didn't apply! I called B's and that the spoiler button should still be used but nope!

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)

Of course they should and usually are. Sometimes people forget or don't think of something as a spoiler that another may think is. Other times people are discussing the tv show and get carried away and don't think about it. I NEVER read EPISODE comments before hand. The main tv show page is different but I don't read the episode pages beforehand because I know there are probably spoilers there. But that's just me. I don't read something that I KNOW might contain spoilers, whether it SHOULD or not.

Also, if you do see a spoiler, how about just nicely asking the person to please be more careful in the future. Don't be an a***ole about it, call them names and be all pissy. If you start out being an a***ole then you aren't going to get a good response. Or you could even just report the comment and not reply to the person at all. Let the moderators handle it.

Thanks for bringing the topic up. smiley

+2

Hide 4 replies...

@rickgrimesrocks This is the person who gave away many plots through out the game throne seasons, that I called out on! And she argued with me that it was my fault for reading the reviews first. Yeah well your delivery was pretty crap to Missy! And how about you take on your own advice. Bit of a walking contradiction. Just because others have broken the rules of the site doesn't mean you should join in! See how far in life that gets ya.

+2

@rickgrimesrocks I apologise for been rude to you in my comments,I just got pissed when comments kept coming up that should have had spoilers in place, & your response! But no you aren't the only one. And when you are binge watching a show that has 8 seasons to watch, I would read the reviews first because if a couple said pointless boring episode et I would skip it, seen as I have so much episodes to watch, so seeing spoilers was becoming a total Kill joy! Yes I am a bit late to the Game if thrones boat! Like I am the walking dead one, But I'm not a big program fan hence the amount of time and dedication you have to apply to a series, I get bored.

I know when you have watched an exciting episode it's hard not to discuss the main event! Maybe people just need to know to come do it here, in the forum, rather than review section!

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@⋆☆Danielle☆⋆ Thank you for the apology and I apologize also. I understand being pissed about something being spoiled. I've had that happen with movies before and it's not fun. So I'm sorry if I did spoil something for you. Just some friendly advice though, a lot of spoilers come out in episode comments even if they shouldn't, so I wouldn't read them if I were you. Game of Thrones is so good you really don't want to miss an episode anyway lol. I know there are a lot of them to watch though.

It's a great series and I hope you enjoy watching the rest of it, hopefully spoiler free. I'm glad we were able to talk it thru.

+4

@rickgrimesrocks Yeah my delivery was crap I admit I can be a real b**ch!

I'm on to the 5th season of Game of Thrones in like a week! So going a bit cray cray! It is addictive and I could imagine the suspense of those that watched in live time and had to wait for the next episodes to air.
Tyroin definitely steals the show, so funny and a brilliant actor, they are all great actor's and Jon Snow the eye candy! Yes I finally see why it is the most popular show ever created. I'm glad I finally did start to watch it, I got the feeling from others responses, when I said I never watched it, that I was missing something, little did I know.

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)

Many plots?? Please provide proof. You replied to ONE comment of mine so if there are more please show me.

You were very rude to me first and that is why you got the response you did. Like I said above don't be an a***ole and expect to get a nice response.

Nice way to block and then unblock to read my comments and then reply to me. Please get the f**k off your high horse and put me back on block.

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

I stay away from episode comments for that very reason. Lots of people want to chat about the episodes as they air and I'm perfectly happy with that. Unfortunately, many don't even seem to know the forum even exists.

Spoilers only tend to piss me off on the homepage of the shows, which I quite often read before venturing into episode one.

+2

guru
Report comment
(4y)

I think it's harder to police the T.V. shows because there are so many episodes compared to a movie that only has one spot for reviews. With a movie, a moderator can click on it, see if there are any spoilers and move on. With a T.V. show they would have to surf through every episode of every season.

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@KingDeathTrooper Absolutely. Users should report reviews with spoilers.

+3

@KingDeathTrooper Oh absolutely & I totally understand moderators can't moderate all programs episodes and I don't expect them to either! But I can't be bothered reporting 2\3\4 et comments per episode either. The walking dead also has heaps mentioning major plots! And they are regular members to! I just thought they would know better. But it seems they get excited about what they have just watched and go straight to comment section and blert it all out! But yes I have learnt not to look at program reviews now. I think it's a situation that won't go away unfortunately.

God
Report comment
(4y)

How rude that they argued with you about it. I don't read comments first for fear of that reason but also I don't like to form an opinion before seeing it. But you or anyone else who wishes to read comments first should be able to without it being spoiled.
Since your late to the game on GOT, how are you liking it??
Teeny💋

+1

senior guru

Thank you teeny! I absolutely love it! It has it all.....thrilling, violence, passion, romance, raunchy, humour, captivating, shocking, sad, exciting, addictive yeah nah it's pretty cool! Only thing I hate is the animal cruelty, but I just tell myself it's make believe and it's ok lol

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

I agree. I also empathize and have had the same experience. Being insulted and told that I should just NOT be reading any comments if I want to avoid spoilers which was/is just silly. There are spoiler tags for a reason and they need to be utilized under both films and series.

The forum is a great place to discuss a series with spoilers and should be done there instead of the comment/review section. I recently did this with a Game of Thrones thread after leaving a comment under the finale "watch before all the spoilers are everywhere" as I knew that it would happen. Yet most spoilers were under "reviews" faster than any discussion in the forum.

Hopefully members will stop and start using spoiler tags properly.

May you and others enjoy the rest of GoT Spoiler - free. Cheers!

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,695 reviews • 122,387 films • 18,475 TV series