About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,721 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

Scottish Tablet (777 views, 23 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

For the uninitiated, Scottish tablet is a traditional, and very popular, sweet. Apparently it goes great with coffee, but I can't testify to that since I don't drink it, it is very moreish though; once you've tried tablet... you'll want more. Here comes the warning... If you're diabetic or have some kind of sugar sensitivity you should avoid this, if you're not diabetic then you probably will be if you eat the entire batch so remember to share. <br> <br> What you'll need: <br> <br> A big pot - really important you grasp the big part, also seasoning the pot with some oil a little while before cooking can help avoid any sticking issues. <br> A wooden Spoon <br> A deep tray (I use a roasting tray) <br> A sieve <br> A separate pot full of water and a ladle (this is in case you misjudged what I meant by big) <br> 1kg Granulated cane sugar <br> 1 tin Condensed milk (roughly 400g) <br> 250ml semi-skimmed milk <br> 100-125g unsalted butter for the recipe itself, a few slices for greasing... ...
Read more

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Mykee83 <br> When you've given it enough time, get a flat tray - ideally bigger than the one you used - place it on top of the tray with the tablet in it, hold tightly together and then flip them and lift the deep tray off. <br> <br> Depending on how crumbly it is you may be need to press down with a large knife or snap bits off, bag them/stick them in a suitable container and definitely give it a taste if you're a first timer.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Oh geez, mate, now you've gone and done it. I'll have to make some now and buying this confection isn't the same as homemade. YUMMY.

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

you really need to have a sweet tooth to like tablet smiley i personally not a fan of it smiley makes me feel sick after 2 bites smiley but its got that taste that takes you back to your childhood smiley when 2 bobbers were actually 2 bob smiley and you went to the shop wae 50p and still came back wae change smiley smiley , <br> <br> Mykee wat made u post that anyway just out of curiosity smiley smiley

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself I made it yesterday.

Report comment
(5y)

@Mykee83 that would makes sence then 😂 <br> i feel like an idiot for asking hahaha

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

ahh while ur n the topic of scottish grub smiley smiley u know how scotland has this stigma that we live on haggis and deep fryed mars bars aw and irn bru smiley smiley do u like haggis or deep fryed mars bars smiley <br> both them give me the boak smiley smiley smiley <br> <br> and for all use that think or have heard this smiley smiley ITS FAKE NEWS smiley smiley <br>

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Haha there's loads of fake news about various cultures. <br> <br> Now, where's me cart and donkey, I'm off to the bog to look for a leprechaun!

Report comment
(5y)

@ hahahaha yea so true 😋 am sure ur cart and donkey is in santas barn and am pretty sure i seen ur leprechaun and the other side of the rainbow

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself The worst stereotyping is when british nationalists use Braveheart references to try to ridicule independence supporters... <br> <br> The film was fiction you dumb f**ks <br> <br> The second worst is "och aye the noo"... I have never once heard any Scot say anything remotely like that... the closest we get is "Och for f**k's sake, get some new patter ya morris-dancing pansy twat."

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

<br> <br> did it look anything like this ?? <br> aw and would u say tablet was the same as our fudge ?

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself naa fudge is chewy, tablet crumbles. And yeah, I'll take a pic in a minute <br>

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Mykee83 i know that , just some people call it fudge and tablet , i prefer fudge to tablet but still couldnt still eat it , both them far to sweet for me

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself usually I avoid sweet things but tablet's the exception... and ice poles of course.

Report comment
(5y)

@Mykee83 its got to be MR FREEZE ones , blue or red is my fav👍 anyother ones are sh*te

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Naa I found slush puppy ones in poundland the other day... they're lovely

Report comment
(5y)

@Mykee83 still doesnt beat MrFreeze ones ,,ad a few ae them the day total lush so they wer

guru
Report comment
(5y)

<br>

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

nice tub smiley smiley smiley

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself It's very chic and environmentally friendly because it's recycled! lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ its a tub for life 😂😂

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself it's called recycling and it was the only one I had that would hold nearly a kilo of tablet <br>

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

am not slagging u nor judging smiley i just started smiley smiley when a seen it cause thts something ad do smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,721 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series