This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,645 reviews
122,376 films • 18,475 TV series

Watching Movies On A Tablet? (1146 views, 34 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master

Hello Everyone, I have a question. I have just been given a brand new 8" Samsung tablet with my iphone upgrade. <br> <br> What I'm wondering is do any of you use one of these for watching films, and if so do you enjoy doing so? <br> <br> Not sure if I can get used to a tablet after using a 15" laptop for a very long time. I don't even know if I'll have any use for it otherwise. <br> <br> It would save a lot of space on my dining room table, so I guess that would be a bonus though. Also just so you know, my laptop is not a new one so maybe the quality of films would look better? <br> <br> Thanks all, your opinions are appreciated. smiley

+1

Hide 16 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 A few years ago I had a tablet that I use to watch 2Movies on. Even after installing AdBlock Plus I would still get ads & pop-ups. I would always have to close all of those down before being able to watch a movie. It was a tedious task. I personally prefer my laptop. What would be cool if 2Movies had a android app. :)

+2

@WEBHEAD🕸️ Okay, never even occurred to me about the Android thing! <br> <br> I don't know what I'll do with this gadget. Thanks for your input :) smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 YW, those tablets are handy for other things. smiley

+1

@WEBHEAD🕸️ Yeah I do have Netflix (I like this site better though) guess it'll be good enough for that?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Same here. What ever is on Netflix will eventually end up here. LOL smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@WEBHEAD🕸️ I have a LENOVO 100S Laptop and the screen is about 30-35 cm,no problem watching 2Movies with it, for ads and popups I have "ADGUARD" THE BEST BLOCKER I ever had, AdBlock Plus is rubbish,I had that before

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Simple solution :D <br> <br> <br>

+3

Report comment
(5y)
+2

@∞Aces∞ Yeah, funny guy :) It's way too dinky for me... smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 I use iPad mini (4) mostly and sometimes, if I’m in a waiting room or something, my iPhone 8. Haven’t had a computer for about 5 years, and when I did, I always snagged some kind of malware or crap, but never do on my iOS devices. I don’t know about Samsung, though. I don’t have antivirus stuff or any blocking stuff. I’ve never heard of it for my devices. So I think tablets are awesome.😃

+2

@ditzygypsy Hi there, yes I've been playing around with this Android device for a few days now, and I quite like it, although there has definitely been a learning curve learning all the tricks that are nothing like IOS. <br> <br> I have figured out that you can download Netflix movies to it with the app which is great as I do a lot of traveling back and forth to work. <br> <br> Thanks for your input :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ditzygypsy I love using my iPad with my Apple TV. I can easily stream everything right to my television, like being in a theatre, oh and add a sound bar....... oh yeah👍

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 i use my ipads and i can honestly say its far better and easier to watch things on this site ( i dont know what other sites are like as its only this site i use ) i used to use my laptop but it started to crash alot and would take ages to load just became a nitemare really , so i came on the ipad and have never looked back 👍 you can go about the house doing your everyday things and never missed a thing your watchn , no need to pause it or nothing its great and its less hassle when u try watching links its far better and was even better for you is as its a samsung tablet you can link it to your tv and watch it , thats the only dwn fall about ipads your limited to what you can do but samsungs 👍👍👍👍👍 once you try it you will never go back

+2

@chaseyerself Yep, now that I've gotten the hang of all things Android, it's starting to make sense to me, and I am totally enjoying the tablet :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Get yourself an Apple TV. It will enable you to stream to your tv.

Report comment
(5y)

@Sassyreadhead63 al look into that thanks for the info 👍

+1

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Android app will not reduce the amount of pop ups :( Third party sites...

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Oh' okay. I didn't know that.smiley LOL

+2

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Try finding a browser will decent pop up blocker.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

When I am in my bed I don't mind using my tablet to watch movies, but hey that's just me I guess. Also I like mirroring unto my big tv in my living room is cool with the tablet too

+2

Hide 1 reply...

@Bisket13079 But aren't ad pop-ups a problem like Dr.Evil said?

admin
Report comment
(5y)

By the way you can quickly close any pop-up by clicking back button on your tablet. smiley

+4

Hide 1 reply...

@Dr.Evil Okay maybe I can use this thing after all! 👍👍👍😎

+1

Report comment
(5y)

I mostly download instead of streaming, most Samsung tablets you can put in a 36 gb sd micro card and store alot of movies

+1

Hide 1 reply...

@Bisket13079 Thank you, never owned an Android device till now... much appreciated 😎

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I use my android tablet through my TV, it has a mini-hdmi port so I can just connect it up in my bedroom instead of dragging my laptop round the house, not sure if that is an option for you but might be worth looking into that and you could probably use a bluetooth mouse for it as well.

+2

Hide 1 reply...

@Mykee83 Thank you, yeah this Android stuff is all new to me, and was thinking of purchasing a new TV, so very good idea! 👍😎 And yes a bluetooth mouse would do the trick.

+2

master

Actually really impressed with this little device, downloaded a Netflix vid very quickly smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

I've had both a iPad and Now Samsung tablet and I found it easier to dl and stream movies on Android, but just my opinion. I hope you enjoy your device and remember you can sd micro card and have more space to save movies if your into dl movies. That was another thing I didn't like about the iPad they didn't have a slot to put in sd micro card

+1

Hide 1 reply...

@Bisket13079 Good to know, thank you so much, and to think I was feeling like an idiot starting this thread... <br> <br> Everyone has been so helpful :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

I've had a Samsung tablet for years, it's the only brand of tablet I will buy. I've upgraded over the years and gone up in size too, am up to a 9.7" now and I LOVE it. <br> I have a 64gb micro sd card in mine as I download mainly, but also stream. I use the Samsung internet app, as Samsung have their own app with free downloads especially for Samsung tablets and phones, plus I have AdBlocker and I have bugger all issues with pop ups, any that do get thru can be closed before they've even managed to finish loading the page. <br> I use a wee device, I think it's called a "ready to use" or something like that, you put ur micro sd card in, plug it into the charging port and you can use it like a portable hard drive. It's micro usb at one end and usb at the other, so you can move stuff between ur laptop and tablet. If you don't have a smart tv you can use a Chromecast to send stuff to ur tv too. <br> I couldn't live without my tablet. ...
Read more

+1

Hide 1 reply...

@GumpieGump Some very good information there! I've taken note of the Samsung tips you've given me and will put them to use. <br> <br> When I first started this thread I didn't have a clue what to do with this thing or how to use it, but thanks to suggestions from yourself and others at least I now have some ideas. :) <br> <br> Hate to admit it, but I've limited myself to using an iphone/Windows etc. since they've been available. Time to expand my horizons, thanks again. smiley

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,645 reviews • 122,376 films • 18,475 TV series