This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,695 reviews
122,385 films • 18,475 TV series

Watching movies in HD (849 views, 5 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru

How do I do that?

I just got a new HD laptop, and I see where it says that some links are HD... but not on my screen. I click the 'HD' button on the player and it's set to Auto (nothing happens when I click the other options anyway)- but the playback doesn't change.

Do I need to download the movies rather than stream ?
Please excuse me if this is a silly question with an obvious answer :)

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ When you're streaming movies from the internet, the quality of the picture is dependent on 2 things. The monitor or laptop has to be able to show HD content which you've already taken care of and your internet connection has to be fast enough to stream that content. Generally the site you're streaming from is going to pick the quality that your connection can handle and give you that. When you press the HD button, you should be able to override their choice and choose a better quality. The lowest I think is 240p and then 3 hundred something p and then 420p (standard definition) 720p and 1080 and on up. You can test your connection by googling speed test for video streaming or something like that. The other way is funner. Sign up for a free netflix trial. Get the UHD package. Netflix will run the test to see if your connection is fast enough and if it is you can start watching things in Ultra High Detail. ...
Read more

@PaddyWhack Thanks very much, I'm pretty sure my connection is fine - as I can watch Youtube in HD no probs. Good job my new laptop has 2TB & Norton as it seems I will be downloading from now on.

Report comment
(6y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ There are no different between stream or downloading the movie, hover your mouse to the link, it will show the link name, if it has 720p then it is real HD, most of video host can only stream up to 1080p, except youtube lol it can stream to 4K HD. If you really want to watch a movie in resolution more then 720p, you have to download the file in torrent site.

@∞Aces∞ Ahh, that explains why I can get it on Youtube then. Thanks for the info, will bear that in mind :)

Report comment
(6y)

@∞Aces∞ Yeah! Everything he said is true! I started watching movies here because they rate the picture quality of the link and its always right. The 1080p movies are the highest quality I've seen that you can torrent because the files are so massive at that point. Oh crap, I've started rambling on again. Ima go to bed now. Goodnight!

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,695 reviews • 122,385 films • 18,475 TV series