This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,735 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

Guilty Pleasure Horror Movies We Can't Stop Watching (880 views, 4 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(3y)

There's something satisfying about watching a horror film that's so bad it's good. If you're in the mood for gratuitous gore, cheesy dialogue, and hours of jump scares, these horror films are the perfect way to indulge in a guilty pleasure.

The premise of the first Final Destination movie was actually pretty clever. A group of friends dodge a freak accident, and they start feeling grateful that they just evaded their demise...only to die one by one as "Death" comes to claim its prize. And if you've ever seen a Final Destination film, you've probably picked up at least one irrational phobia about perishing in a statistically improbable way.

There are a grand total of five films in the franchise with similar plots, and as far as guilty pleasures go, they don't get any guiltier than the fourth installment, The Final Destination. After Nick O'Bannon and his friends narrowly cheat death by escaping from a stadium just before disaster strikes, they soon find that their fate is already sealed. And back in 2009, with deadly objects flying at theater audiences in 3D, the eye-popping visuals took this film over the top when it came to gore. So the next time you decide to give The Final Destination a go, you'll be simultaneously fascinated and disgusted by the increasingly absurd ways in which the film sends these characters to their doom.

Read more

+3

God
Report comment
(3y)

Out of the named films, which one would you say is best or your fav? smiley

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(3y)

Damn. My cordless head set just now ran out of juice. Been watching youtube clips for hours. I don't have any other speakers. I'll have to watch it later and get back to you. :)

skilled
Report comment
(3y)
(edited)

Out of that list I have to go with Wrong Turn and Final Destination being a good second.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

Going off the written list...

Leprechaun or Wrong Turn.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,735 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series