This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,851 reviews
122,457 films • 18,487 TV series

Are you a bigot? (1073 views, 56 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

How would you know? Do you have to be trained to dislike that is not yours?
Example. I AM Scottish. Everything south of the Romans walls. Yes there were more than one.
And then there was religions. YOU ARE WEARING THE WRONG COLOURS!

BIGOT ary? Which colour is fashionable today?

USA Trillions in debt that our Earth cannot pay. When do you stop pretending? You cannot eat promise or future. Or gold. Not even ore.

But the profit eaters insist.

So yes. I'm a Bigot!

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 is a bigot not more (well for us Scottish) about catholic and protestants ?

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Wot now?? lol smiley smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Yes,when i was much younger & stupider,I was very brain-washed to be very Liberal.Now I am an adult,I found thru experience, it does not work.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

big·ot
[ˈbiɡət]
NOUN
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions. Intolerant
[in-tol-er-uh nt]
Synonym sExamplesWord Origin
See more synonyms for intolerant on Thesaurus.com
adjective
not tolerating or respecting beliefs, opinions, usages, manners, etc., different from one's own, as in political or religious matters; bigoted.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

probably ... and I am pretty intolerant to boot. No time for certain right-wing political doctrines and can't stand religious groups that tolerate child abuse and cover it up. P.S. I don't suffer fools gladly. That should cover it?

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I don't like pudding. smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ RB, your choice of dessert, although informative does not seem to refer to the question - are you a bigot? Are you suggesting that a non-lover of pudding may be considered bigoted? What pudding are you actually referring to? Rice, black, white, or maybe it is trifle that moves you?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. The black, the white and the trifle. Rice is acceptable and so is bread (if done properly... lol)

Yes, I am (whilst taking the mick obviously), because if hating what is non-conducive to a productive and unified society of human beings on this planet can be considered bigotry, than so can that.

I find it rather preposterous that you would have to out yourself as a bigot (personal) with what you wrote.

Personally, my experience with true bigots is they are quite certain they are never bigots and that they are always correct, they cannot be talked to or have no ability to discuss opposing views. They do not consider.

Whilst I do not know you well at all, I don't consider what you wrote to display bigotry. Perhaps discrimination of what is positive or negative for your life, yes, but that is not the same thing (to me).

My favorite colour is purple. It always has been. I go nuts for it... and yes, I wear it with pride because I feel pretty in it.
Read more

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ I like that expression "you would have to out yourself as a bigot" - feels like I have been keeping a secret and now I am out of the closet! Feels great.

I was really responding to the definition posted above and where I could be defined as a bigot if we were using "god's" (aka bondojoe) definition.

I see grains of truth in what you said about true bigots.

I'll have to stick to the county colours (green and yellow) although they are a bit loud in a social event!

There is one national anthem that really puts my hair on end but that might be just musical snobbery and nothing to do with neighbourhood rivalry. Slán

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ HAAAA!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ am not a fan of pudding either am sweet enough as they say haha

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Nice one. :)

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

dems, the left, msm = bigot

+1

Report comment
(5y)

i dont think im a bigot...i hate all races equally... including my own. LOL

I was told i wasnt a bigot, just anti social.

But they could be wrong.

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@sk1ner True,I think Homo Sapiens was a huge mistake.ELEPHANTS instead,should have evolved to be very intelligent--not primates.Chimpanzees-which we are so close to--constantly war,kill,destroy other's groups over land,food,resources--& kill other groups' babies.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@sk1ner yes,see my post below that"all nations & different peoples should go back to being 1,000's of miles apart,NEVER having Globalization--ending it!"

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

The right will use projection to accuse the left. But the Facts show the right to be bigoted, Racist, intolerant and full of lies.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@PersonX --and--hah hah--the lefties are bigoted,sexist.racist.intolerant,lie,and always accuse ONLY THE RIGHT OF DOING IT--"the pot calling the kettle black"!hee hee

+2

Report comment
(5y)

seriously, i am not a bigot. i have friends of different races and nationalities. but i i cant stand ignorance. And that comes in all races and nationalities.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Could that not be described as someone that is just not open minded?

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Without a doubt.. I am a BIGOT !
I absolutely ,am completely intolerant of MINDLESS COMMIE-LIB FASCIST PROGRESSIVE ROBOT LEMMINGS and BACK STABBING CONSERVATIVE HYPOCRITES !!!
May they all burn on ground zero smiley

guru
Report comment
(5y)

smiley smiley smiley smiley
Nice to know I'm not the only one.
By the way, disliking equally dosen't exempt you.
Accepting and likes are two different things.. Bigot! When I went to sleep on a forest floor and woke to find snail slime on the back of my hand, I was seriously bigoted against snails!

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 hahah you'd hate the slugs we have here--called "banana slugs"cuz they are HUGE,FAT & SLIMEY--do you have them?--kill your garden.Every year,Eugene City votes in"The Banana Slug Queen"who officiates over nonsense.--here sleeping outside might get you "The Brown Recluse,"which is rather poisoneous.

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 I slid on a black slug the size of a snake in my cottage one Summer morning very early @ 3am with bare feet. It was DISGUSTING and left yellow slime all over me and the floor. I hate black slugs and yellow slime. I am a bigot, again. Pudding and slugs and slime, I am outed!

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I believe the word itself (like many these days) is a misnomer anyway. :) Egor17, you have a sense of nationalist pride. Nothing wrong with that at all (esp considering the history of where you live) and it's totally natural and normal. These things are often confused and misused online to call people names when 'bigot' does not even apply. smiley

+3

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Icemankfc So true. An oldie.. "Sticks n stones may break my bones but names will get you a nose bleed"
Not quite a quote!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 See, what I might call a healthy sense of nationalistic pride another person will call you a name for the same thing. That's what the world has become. Sad times isn't it. I gave up years ago trying to explain these things online. I've just finally decided we can't fix stupid. Even with a big stick you just can't cure stupidity LoL

Report comment
(5y)

@Icemankfc "I've just finally decided we can't fix stupid"
Really?
Taught that in primary school.
Most comedy is based on it.
Laugh or cry. Even ancient romans knew that. Wearing leather kilts?
Must have been a kinky lot?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Icemankfc That's a fact. Almost all of your life is determined by your IQ level,and if you're born predisposed without the ability to learn, there's not much you can do about it. The results of IQ levels can be seen accross society.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe That USED TO BE TRUE in the USA.Now,we see that you've also have to be (1.)Emotion & mentally well(2.)born into more advantageous or wealthy families,to get into upper jobs(which was NOT always that way,in America,;we now have rigid social classes.(3.)Have enough money for higher education, study,graduate,& then convince Companies to hire you.(if a low-class aura surrounds you,you better learn "formal acting"to cover up.--Like Bill Clinton.He became SO CHARMING as an adult,his ticket is smarmy sweet charm.He compensated for his background.(4.)"fitting in socially"has become SO IMPORTANT in American work places,you can be fired for it.YES."Not a team player ain't always about the work itself.Often autistic people cannot get hired.--"too odd."I researched and discovered all of these in U.S. workplaces.--but being TOO SMART can also get you outted,you"don't fit in!"Americans on average do not LIKE VERY SMART PEOPLE--unless its very smart in Hi-tech,'puters,software,& tech that pays well.Hi-tech nerds who make money don't care if other"social classes"dislike them.--They finally have their revenge,make more money.money.But a very smart person working along side very dim folk,is NOT a good combination.I researched it.But plenty other things affect American work places now,as well as I.Q.(The Disabled often cannot get hired,I know that--seen a lot of that.)

Report comment
(5y)

@Icemankfc Yes,you have a absolute right to be nationalistic.That's good.Its not being a bigot to be proud.We Americans kick the fed. around,but its POLITICIANS we dislike.--not Americans themselves.I am proud of my fellow Americans.--they're a very solid bunch.--I'd rather be here,than any other country--we just are trying to keep our national forests intact.--Conservation is harder,it seems. sigh.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Until eating them in a garlic sauce. Yummy! Snails that is in case the thread is derailed

master
Report comment
(5y)

I can't stand left wing hypocrisy and their ideology so I'm a racist, homophobic, xenophobic, islamaphobic, brexit knuckle dragging little Englander bigot even though I've never shown any of those traits.

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

We can't fix stupid- is exactly right-

-cuz globalization has made intolerance worse.For years after the Net,I noticed all the different races & nationalities,people on chat rooms,sites,Instead of people coming together French persons(Non-Muslim)and Muslim French,on Chat--they hated each other;s guts!yelling,attacking!

Southerners from South of USA,said to we Northeners"you are fine, as long as you northeners STAY NORTH don't come here."-But that wasn't all;now that east coast liberals could talk about Southern states,they became"superior & above those idiots."and they considered themselves Elite.With the advent of all that nations talking to each other,it was more common online they would now fight argue,and yell & berate each other ONLINE!

not what i had hoped!You shoulda read all the nasty fights on "2draw.net"just we artists!--because it was "international."--and no moderator would stop it.if there was no moderator,they FOUGHT.
Read more

+2

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Now I understand"familiarity breeds contempt." The world needs to get very BIG AGAIN-and far apart.Right now we are all in each other's faces.--now the world is too SMALL.-- anyone else notice this?

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 The closer the internet brings us, the greater the hate we have for each other. "familiarity DOES breed contempt."

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I always thought it was the other way around. Contempt breeds hate. Familiarity allows understanding.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 LOL! talk to me for awhile, and we'll see!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe How long is 'awhile'? Is that like string?

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 OK,for you that is true,you try to understand,i know you do..Its the other huge per cent of"British en masse hate Americans"on very Brit websites,I run into.We Americans don't understand that.And most of em see our govt. also as being"you personally equal your govt."--which many Americans do not.--if they were,the bleedin taxes wouldn't be so high on everyone who isn't rich..

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Try walking. The world is huge then.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

This is the internet. You do have an OFF button. Or Change page. Maybe even watch a movie or show. Have to try really hard to get bored. Unless your a teen, Remember that as being a requirement.

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 OK.. If we're RFEALLY going to do this...this is what I think. It's all about your intelligence level, and what amuses you...so..two components. Familiarity DOES breed contempt..depending upon who you are around. People that you meet, and HAVE to associate with. People that are more intelligent than I am, will gravitate towards people that are at least equal in intelligence. Unless I amuse them in some way. Then I might be a part of their"circle". Their society. But never, of course , an equal memeber. But at the same time, it is incumbent on those with a higher intelligence to take care of those with a lesser one. For two reasons. First..being more intelligent, it should follow that you are also aware that life is not as easy for these people, as it is for you. Intelligence SHOULD also increase your level of empathy. Only ignorant people hurt other people, when they could just as easily help them. ...
Read more

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe To continue...familiarity breeds contempt. The more we assoc iate with people, the more we see whether or not they fit into our "world", as we would like it to be. So we graviate towards people that are equal to us in intelligence, and maybe humor, although thay are parts of the same. The people that are ignorant, rude, crude, crass, if we are not LIKE that...they DO breed contempt in us, and we want to stay away from them. As I said before, we still have the obligatioin to see that these people are taken care of. If it is NOT natural human nature, then we have to MAKE it part of our nature. It's not anyone's fault, how much capacity for intelligence they are born with. They didn't decide it. Now for your statement about familiarity breeding understanding. It's only true on one side. Those that are INTELLIGENT enough to understand. The average IOQ of an American is 99. ...
Read more

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Lot of truth in those 2 comments. I could expand this line of logic but I would be called names for putting names to this phenomena. It's all just human nature.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I wasn't talking much about personal,but DIFFERENT NATIONS & RACES who hate each other.-not perse that they PERSONALLY are acquainted.HMM,,why all those Brits en masse HATE THE usa?What did we do to them?Or the French?Help them during WW2? REALLY, THAT is what i was talking about.--very good subject.Let's continue!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 If you want to make someone hate you...loan them some money, or help them in some other way. They will alwys feel inferior, and will hate you because of it.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe OK,I will debate as to"do much smarter people dislike people who ARE NOT SMART?"Now,very smart people who constantly must deal with stupid people,do tend to lose their sympathy w/em.--Because if they often must think FOR THE DUMBER,yes,they lose respect for em..-They can't figure why others are conformist,follow the herd,and delude themselves that "t.v.and the govt. are always right."Plus,the behavior & life style,of a very stupid person ranks in with "animal instinct"not as HUMAN.My sister's very intelligent,and people she has to deal with,can try her patience greatly.Worse;she thinks they are cannon fodder.Unnecessary.I can't really blame her sometimes.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Sorry. 6 seconds in a hot pan with a touch of garlic and it's lunch. So much for all that hard work making a shell!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 tht would be a snack for me lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Ah. You need more with veggies too. Maybee a touch if chillie for bite.
I prefer scallops, 5 seconds fried in real cows butter. Don't forget the garlic!

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Aww now yer talkn ma lingo 👍👍 luv me chillies and ye cany beat some garlic to enhance the flavour , but am more of a chicken lass but if its put dwn ae me al eat anythn

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I did and do like British people I met.Ditto for anyone,who was friendly like smiley you,Egor17, and I do like the people here.So,I don't think I am "above" other people in the world or on this site---Not at all.I just feel badly that I went on OTHER chat sites ,and ran into "automatic-Brit dislike for Americans"cause I didn't understand it--I chalked it up to"familiarity."

So I am wrong?Do these other nationalities who hate we Americans, is it political?Or do a lotta folk online just DISLIKE ANY ONE? I 'm very glad to find you all are pretty nice people,this is one of the nicest,friendliest site i've been on. smiley You even cook well!! hah hah smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 well am scottish and i love america and its people 👍 my opinion is the people that dont like you ( not personally) or anyone else or even me ( not that i give a sh*t ) is these people are an egg short of a dozen, are not able to acknowledge that everyone has thr own opinion or views in life , not everyone has to agree with them and that NO. thr not always right and its ok to be friends with someone that doesnt agree with them ?? hence all the trump haters i mean seriously its obv they dont like trump but come on that doesnt make the people and me wrong or a bad person because WE do like him , i find highly amusing reading the hate comments about trump haha

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

A long, long time ago I was a manager for the Scottish Youth Hostel Association. Great way to meet a lot of foreign nationals. The American 'snails' (Back packers, carrying their homes on their backs) always seemed happier. Once spun the Haggis myth to one. That being that the Haggis is a shy critter. The male has longer left legs as they always ran round the mountains anti-clock wise and the females, longer right legs as they ran round clockwise. He looked at me and with a straight face said "That's amazing! how do you hunt them?" With nets I told him. But much easier just to buy one at the butchers. Next day he was sitting eating a haggis. He winked and said "Fast little beggers! Chased this one for more than an hour"

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,851 reviews • 122,457 films • 18,487 TV series