This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,018 reviews
122,528 films • 18,492 TV series

Malwarebytes - Need to bite back (1089 views, 11 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

Malwarebytes is blocking host sites on me. Anyone have a simple way to override blocks or any advice? Regards-GC

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@saxon901 Don't use it on here, because that's how they generate revenue to keep the place running. <br> <br> Did I do good Dr. Evil? Can I get bumped to the next level?

Report comment
(6y)

@MPA2000 Thank you, I didn't think it blocked adds only viruses, trojans, ransomware etc. Have turned all settings off and relying on my Hotspot Shield and Windows Defender (G^^ help me). Regards_GC

Report comment
(6y)

@saxon901 Which ones? Been having the same prob but can not remember which host. :)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 See you in the PM R-GC

Report comment
(6y)

@saxon901 Hi I use Malwarebytes Premium and what I found that works for me is to turn The Web Protection to off. On my system I can access most of the links with just this small change. Hope this helps.

+2

@Stephen386 Yes that's the best way to deal with it. Malwarebytes is good but way to over protective.

+1

admin
Report comment
(6y)

Don't use it or add exceptions.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil Started with quarantining all my Win and Driver updates as POPS so restored and added exceptions. That seemed to work, then it was all my drivers but the uploaders were blocked as Malware and I've excepted IP addresses and Domain names to no avail. I turned all settings off after the second one but the blocks still stand.I have a perpetual licence and this is the first time I've ever had any problem in six years. there's a cure on their forum page so I'm not the first but is way beyond my skill level. Starting to wonder if I should uninstall it but don't know if even that will kill the block. I am hardly getting much time to watch anything as it is so will keep MW off for now and go watch something.Thank you for responding. <br> Regards-GC

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

just exit it for a while

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@loqman89 Thank you R-GC

God
Report comment
(6y)

Did what @Sam7 suggested and switched it off, now i can bring a link up that i thought was bad. <br> Then every other day i just do a scan which only takes about 20+ min. smiley smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,018 reviews • 122,528 films • 18,492 TV series