This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,735 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

Keto Almond Flour Biscuits - 5 Ingredients Only! (378 views, 40 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(1y)

Her site and recipe for these.
Almond Flour Biscuits
foolproofliving.com/almond-flour...

Just made these, but left the grill part (from pre heating the oven) on and burnt them slightly. Other then that, they just taste like cake (you got to love the things you can make with almond flour) with a little crunch on the outside.

+2

master

they sound delicious

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

These really remind me of Macaroons, but not as sickly sweet.

We have a Finnish one that you can make with coconut and coconut flour.

I'm going to try these.

PS - baking paper is the secret to making lots of cookies/biscuits crispy on the outside and fluffy inside, as long as they're not left in too long or cooked at too high a temp.

+2

Hide 6 replies...

@DontSpeak thanks for the tips. I'm going to pick up the what is needed to make them tomorrow for sure🥣

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Great, what time will they be ready? smiley

+2

@SimonM the almond flour is expensive. Maybe after Christmas? smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Just let me know when they're ready. smiley

+1

@SimonM smiley smiley ok I will. I'll send you a batch

+1

God
Report comment
(1y)

Just in case anyone here is thinking of making this, but measures with grams like me.

The weight i used.*

2 cups almond flour 8.4 oz. (235 gram)*
1 teaspoon baking powder (4 gram)*
½ teaspoon kosher salt (I used " salted butter ", so added just over 1/2 gram of salt, and the biscuits did not taste salty)*
5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled (I just weighed out 75 gram)*
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon honey or keto friendly sweetener optional (I used 13 gram of Erythritol, but the biscuits did not taste sweet)*

My first time of using Erythritol (which is 0 kcal), it just tastes like a weaker version of sugar.
Sugar 1 = 1.3 Erythritol (check the image below).

+1

Hide 4 replies...

master
Report comment
(1y)

they look n sound easy, but i bet i could ruin them lol
im a bad baker

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@🌞Suisen🌞 There very easy to make, should you get the ingredients in, you will have to use them are let them waste.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@PureVodka🍺 Almond flour is actually expensive and not easy to find. I have a Vitamixer, so I can make my own, but yes, it's incredibly perishable.

It's unfortunate that things like this are so costly.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Guessing you have made almond milk as well?

Report comment
(1y)

@PureVodka🍺 The reason I initially invested in the Vitamixer (they are quite expensive, but last forever and do everything) was because I wanted to make my own almond milk and it wasn't turning out exactly like I wanted. In the long run, this machine really makes everything easier with less waste.

guru
Report comment
(1y)

Thanks, nice timing I just got a great deal on some almond flour today, and some oat flour too, I might try that also.

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Wander Let us know how they come out if you make them.

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@PureVodka🍺 Hi PV, I made these this afternoon and they turned out great. This was my first experience with almond flour. It was very simple, the batter seems to be kind of thick but it turns out it is supposed to be thick. I used a bag of Blue Diamond Almonds ALMOND FLOUR finely sifted. A 1LB (454g) bag for $2. On the back of the bag, there are some tips for baking with almond flour and there is a recipe for Double Chocolate Almond Brownies. I made the brownies today also and they are amazing and super indulgent, diabetics beware. I just went to the BLUE DIAMOND website and the recipe is there along with dozens of other delicious-looking recipes.
www.bluediamond.com/recipes/doub... chopped almonds work well too, that is what I had. This is a nice-sized recipe for an 8in, 20.32cm, pan so it makes 9 good-size brownies, so not enough to feed a crowd and not so big that a single person need to feel guilty making them for themselves unless you eat them all at one sitting.
Read more

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@Wander Did you take any pictures of your brownies or the biscuits?

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak No, I am really sorry I did not think to do so fast enough. A neighbor was having a little gathering and I took them over there fresh from the oven. They were gone so fast that I was lucky to grab one of each for myself. The brownies were a big hit. They look just like the ones on their website except for using crushed instead of sliced almonds.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Wander Nice! I will have a look. I made some almond "flour" a couple weeks ago, and it really does go off quickly. Thanks for all the information.

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak I read that it is recommended to keep almond flour in the fridge in an airtight container, under 45f or 7C degrees.

Report comment
(1y)

@Wander It is, but it will still degrade.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Thank you, that is good to know. First-hand experience is best. I will go ahead and make more brownies to give away or freeze, and I want to try it in some Atomic Bread.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Wander I tried a little of the batter and it taste okay raw, i'm glad these turned out okay for you.

Diamond is a good brand, not tried there almond flour (i have there whole almonds when i can get hold of them), but there almond milk i use every day in my coffees.

Thanks for the recipe links and thanks for sharing the outcome of the biscuits. smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(1y)

The reason i chose Erythritol is because of a (4 year old) vid i watched from this channel.

The vid below (Feb 9, 2021) i have just watched for the first time.

Simple Guide to Sweeteners on Keto - Best & Worst

0:32 acesulfame potassium (ace-K)
2:49 aspartame
4:34 sucralose
7:37 xylitol
9:26 monkfruit
11:01 stevia
12:39 erythritol
13:42 allulose

(Always good to reserch stuff)

Hide 10 replies...
This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,735 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series