This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,657 reviews
122,383 films • 18,475 TV series

Home made recipes 3. Lose the sugar challenge. (1036 views, 16 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(6y)

When i was in my early twenties, i used to have two teaspoons of sugar in my tea and " coffee " which i drank more of. <br> Then one day i said to myself, could i cut down on the sugar, so i started by cutting down by about 1/2 teaspoon every few days are so. Within a week are so i stopped having sugar in tea for good but could not go less than 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in coffee, just tasted to strong, then a few years later when i made someone coffee (and vice versa) now and again who did not have sugar i decided to stop having any sugar in coffee all (that 1/2 teaspoon i was stuck on) together. <br> Since then i have " NEVER " had sugar in my brews and i do not crave are ever think about having sugar ever again (in brews that is lol). <br> When just drinking (tea total day lol) brews i have about 8+ a day and that's with glasses of milk and other stuff in between. <br> <br> One level teaspoon of sugar (granulated) weighs 4.2 grams, if you are anything like i was, you do not have a level teaspoon do you, been trying to find out (on the net) what a heaped teaspoon of sugar weighs, all i keep coming across is stuff to do with heaped tablespoons...if you know the weight (ruff idea) of a heaped teaspoon of sugar, could you please post here, thanks in advance. <br> <br> So that means if you have 8+ brews a day x 2 teaspoons of sugar = about 70+ grams aday = about 500 grams (1/2 kilo) a week = 25 kilos (BAGS) of sugar a year, which is 4 stone. <br> <br> So my reason for this post is to see if you can do the same but maybe just one teaspoon less would be good, should you try and succeed at what i have done, are have done this yourself, would you please post here to let others know how long (and hard) it took you to do this. <br> If you are a non member that as succeeded at doing this, please sign up and let everyone know how long it (or by how much you cut down by) took you. ...
Read more

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 I used to put sugar in the cofee... Sometimes I drank 8 cofees a day.. our sugar packs have 7 to 9 grams of sugar (per pack).. One day I just decided to see how much sugar I eat in cofee only... it was over 1.5 kilos... I stopped putting sugar in my beverages, now, when I want something sweet, I use stevia based sweeteners...

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 What 1 1/2 Kilos a week? <br> Did Not now there was good sweeteners, then again i have not used them. <br> Some interesting reading here. <br> draxe.com/stevia-side-effects/ :)

expert
Report comment
(6y)

Hi, The sweeteners have their disadvantages, they are made of tons of chemicalls, I didn't knew those facts on the link you placed.. Mine is probably one of the worst kind... <br> But when we look at the alternative, I still prefere to take my chances with sweetener than with sugar. <br> Another one who's well reputed is xylitol one, I'll leave you the link here (havent't read it yet, I found it arround 4 am (been awake since 3 am), so my brain wasn't still able to process information...lol) <br> But i'm going to read it now as well. <br> draxe.com/xylitol-side-effects/ <br> www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplement...

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

just use Honey you will use less of it than sugar as its mainly fructose and tastes sweeter and unlike sugar it only has a small amount of sucrose and has the benefit of antioxidant's

+1

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@payno It's still sugar, what do you do when at work are in a caffee.

Report comment
(6y)
+1

Report comment
(6y)

@payno <br> smiley

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 I only have one coffee per day I don't like tea smiley I very occasionally have diet pop but mostly drink tap water smiley

Report comment
(6y)

@payno Filtered tap water, now't wrong with that. ;)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 no just tap water as its soft water in Brum but anywhere else bottled as I don't like hard water to many bits n bobs in it

God
Report comment
(6y)

Do people use sugar in herbal brews??? Would like to know, please tell. :)

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 my Mrs make her own with juice from ginger roots and lemon but no sugar and it tastes smiley

Report comment
(6y)

@payno Sounds nice. smiley

expert
Report comment
(6y)

You both should try water, a few drops of lemon, mint leafs or gingerbread slices... let ir infuse for a few hours... and add some sweetener...lol <br>

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 Now you're just confusing me lol. smiley smiley

+1

expert
Report comment
(6y)

Nice, natural, herbal beverage, no cals, but sweet (unless you can handle about 1/2 lemon in 500 ml of water...lol)... good luck. Ps: related to Payno and your conversation, the drinks :D <br>

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,657 reviews • 122,383 films • 18,475 TV series