This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,649 reviews
122,383 films • 18,475 TV series

Closed caption / subtitles . As a search option . (640 views, 14 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I saw this question dosmovies.com/forum/thread/Question-abou....
If the feature exists and I've missed it . Just delete this thread.
If not , i really think it should.
Unsure if it would even be possible to scan the movie files for the closed caption data since they are not hosted here .
But surely it would be simple enough to add a new information column to the links page . And linkers can just check a box if the link contains cc

+6

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

That would be very useful not only for the hard of hearing but users of English as a second language who may have a medium level but have difficulties with some accents.

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

That would be a good feature to have.

+3

admin
Report comment
(5y)

I want to hear linkers. It's rather easy to make on our end.

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

I think its a fine idea.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

This is an excellent idea to have here so that members don't have to search the Internet for it.

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Actually we don't host any files, strange that you said that. We say about this fact everywhere. So everything depends on linkers.

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil You misunderstood me, Doc.

I meant searching for subtitles, not films or shows.

See DemandingFemales reply below, it's what I meant as well.

Report comment
(5y)

@ My message was for the topic starter :)

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil OOOOOhhhhh.

I misunderstood. smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I know the files are hosted elsewhere .
Was just a partially formed thought regarding the massive back catalogues of links and a complete ignorance of coding .

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I think it's a great idea to have a way of telling if subtitles/closed captions are already available on the link. Just a little CC icon or a tick would do the job.

I also think an area where users can post the link directly to subtitle files you can download and add yourself would be of great benefit to a lot of users. On the movie page below/above the 'Storylines (plots) from our users', so subtitles have their own area instead of adding links in the comments.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale This is what I was referring to above @Dr. Evil. :)

master
Report comment
(5y)

Thank you for this, smiley these are very good ideas.I always tended to watch a lot of Japanese and other foreign films,so I really depend on English subs.(I have a friend who is losing her hearing,and she might use this too,) smiley English is one of the HARDEST LANGUAGES to master,it has so many exceptions to rules,and weird things that don't make sense if you weren't raised in it. smiley -So,yes, if you need other languages as subs,that's very important too smiley .I still love those Asian horror films(where-ever I can find them)I need English subs for em.--if they are available.

This is a separate question; does anyone know of any Caucasian Clubs smiley ,who all dote on Asian horror films,online,and join in getting them,and getting English subs too?If there are any "clubs"or websites,who specialize in this,"worship of Asian horror movies by Caucasians-only-English-speaking" smiley I would love to know about it.I really don't KNOW WHERE they all are!They used to be online,freely,(with subs)and now I can't find em.ANY INFO ON THIS would really be appreciated thank you.(tell me if you want me to move this question.) smiley smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,649 reviews • 122,383 films • 18,475 TV series