This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,720 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

should children go back to school with this virus outbreak ??? (436 views, 10 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(3y)

To me ,I feel children should not go back to school ,because they can spread the virus around to others. Also are the state taking the risk in opening up school because they just in it just for the money and not so much in the well being of the children and parents . How they going to distance 30 kids or more on the bus ? Should we let someone tell us what's best for our children when they don't even have a clue on the health of a child ? How many children going to die for their education ? I would like to hear your voice on the matter . Please !!!

+3

Report comment
(3y)

Yes.... There are only two ways to get past this virus, vaccine and herd immunity.... Spacing and/or mask in a classroom or on a bus does now good.. After 10 minutes in a closed environment everyone is exposed no matter in you are 20 feet apart or not... Everything should go back to normal... If you want to wear a mask, wear one, if not do not... If you own a business and want employees to wear a mask and only allow shoppers that are wearing one post it.... You do not want to wear one, do not go there.... It is time for people to take ownership for their own choices... Do not want to send your kid to school, maybe you should have used some of your "stimulus" check to buy a chrome book for your kid, instead of ordering crap from Amazon....

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(3y)

@Wazzumike herd immunity? this is a novel coronaviris here, we do not develop immunities like that.. If they thought like that when black plague this would be land of deer and squirrels..

senior guru
Report comment
(3y)

dude this would be all over if kids were dying smiley don't buy the hype. i have been to stores and restaurants with stupid mask policies posted and the employees could care less. i feel for you because school is another matter, since you have the city and state enforcing political agenda there. that situation will only get worse unless concerned parents and citizens start voicing their opposition and voting against the lockstep politicians who allowed this at the local level. we are literally in a position where citizens have to stand up for themselves and take back control of their own lives and liberate their communities from this oppression, because at this point almost no one in political office seems willing or able to do that for them.

+2

top expert
Report comment
(3y)

Right off the bat the hoax kooks come out to play. smiley

Pretty sad we have this mentality in a modern society.

The short and curlies of it is, selfish aholes want to get back to making money. Has nothing to do with children, public health or, what's that thingamajimmyjoebobthang called? Science? Yeah, F all that. Let's go party in Ft. Lauderdale and get wicked. Sling drinks and book hotels. FTW!!!

Don't bother posting garbage to my wall like most of you Trump nut huggers normally do. I just ignore it and delete. Just have fun at your next Covidpalooza Rally function.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(3y)

@PsychoDeeDee WOW, finally someone with a brain that recognizes right from wrong .Eyes that see past the screen our employees (the government ) hangs in hope that we won't notice the illicit , thievery and control we've allowed them to have with our money ,our natural resources ,our world ,our lives ! And now OUR CHILDREN !!! A mouth unafraid to speak the truth ! A heart that exhibits feelings other than hatred , greed ,and corruption ! THANK YOU ! I did not father any children at critical time of turmoil and the possible existence of our world I consider all children are my and every adults children .It's our duty to cherish and protect. I don't understand how a parent goes online to ask if throwing his children to the lions is good or bad. However we let a ineffective government that can only agree to derivatives of each other turning into pathetic caricatures of themselves without regard to anyone else. ...
Read more

+1

skilled
Report comment
(3y)

The right answer is 'No'.

Regardless of the economic impact or the fact that most children don't have as hard a time getting through infection as older folks, the fact remains that any gathering (school or otherwise) will exacerbate transmission to other kids and their families which will lead to more transmission from those exposed to the general population, resulting in increased utilization of hospital services, leading to reduced availability of critical care and increased death rates due to lack of medical services.

This happens because you may not be symptomatic for up to two weeks, don't know you're infected and therefore go about your life interacting with others in a normal fashion, while spreading the disease.

Some are 'carriers' who aren't symptomatic at all, but can still transmit the infection, this is especially true of kids.

The other problem with 'herd immunity' in this case, is that there are attendant neurological conditions * that persist even after non-severe reactions to the infection, in other words, there can be permanent or long lasting repercussions after recovery. Do you want to chance that with your kids? I don't.
Read more

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(3y)

@WAGB283 I do just that!

+1

skilled
Report comment
(3y)
(edited)

Just ran across this, thought I'd drop it here before this thread ages out.
Immunity might only last two or three months after recovery:

www.nbcnews.com/health/health-ne...

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(3y)

@WAGB283 Thanks for the info

top expert
Report comment
(3y)

Hell no.. Our children are not cannon fodder for Trump.
This is aerosolized so it doesn't only stay 6 feet apart, can get into heating systems and get pushed room to room in a school.. not safe... give kids some chromebook and let them study from safety of their home...

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,720 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series