This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,716 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

Dealing with RA , I need help from those that are dealing with it . (1035 views, 33 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I found out through my blood work that I have RA .The doctor said, My RA is way out there and I need to be on med for it . He put me on Methotrexate 2.5 .He told me to take 3 pills on a day I choose and do that every week .I took my 3 pills on Thursday and I had bad side effects from it . I call my doctor and he told me, he would see me on the next visit and send me to a RA doctor and I need to stop taking that med due to my side effects of that med. I been dealing with RA for years and I never know I had it ,until now . I have pain all over my body (hands,feet,toes,knees,well all over ).I have a low grade fever and I'm tired to the point,I don't feel like doing anything at all. Could someone with RA help me to deal with this mess ? I'll be in your debt !!!

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Excellent idea, Greg!

You've already got some of the things that have helped me astronomically, and it's really positive to reach out and share experiences and get feedback.

This is totally proactive and supportive.

Keep reaching out with a positive hand like this. I know it's super hard at times.

It helps to have others to talk to who understand, definitely.

I really hope others will share!

smiley

+2

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ Thanks! and I hope others will give me answers to help me deal with this RA better.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy For sure!

Sometimes members overlook the forum, so we'll give this topic a bump every now and again.

Hearing how others deal with these situations is very often helpful because it gives us alternatives which work for them and may work for us!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ You as well, RB!

Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum Me as well?
smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@ Referring to Greg's previous thread...sleep paralysis. Got posted in the wrong spot...sorry! smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum No worries!

I kept trying to figure it out.

I'm glad I asked!

smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ I feel for anyone suffering from debilitating pain. Physical or mental...

God
Report comment
(5y)
+2

Hide 14 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Very nice list of alternative naturopathic medicines.

👍

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ I've been making bone broth for about 10 years.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Bone broth helped me a lot at one stage when another issue flared for me and I couldn't stop losing weight, etc.

Modern medicine can be great, but it's not the definitive answer.

Having choice really gives people the ability to tailor treatments that work better.

We're all individuals and our bodies work slightly differently, so it's actually quite logical.

You should post your bone broth recipe, if and when you've got a chance?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ I can do it now. It's easy. Take any bones...I like to cook a Turkey, remove the meat, and grind it into a paste with a generous amount of olive oil, which is good for you also and gives it a great taste. You can eat the Turkey just as it is, or use it as a spread on crackers...etc. I take the turkey bones, tendons, ligaments..etc. Anything left, and place them in a LARGE container of cold water with one cup of apple cider vinegar. I let it soak 2-3 hours , before heating. The vinegar helps break everything down. Then I bring it to a boil, and once it has boild about five minures, I reduce it to a simmer. Just hot enough that a few bubbles escape to the top, occasionally. I let it do this for 24-48 hours. I believe that most of the vinegar evapoates. You can't taste it. You'll know when it's finished. Take a large bone out, and it will crumble in your hands. Everything useful in it has been extracted. ...
Read more

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Excellent!

I'm curious, and I think anyone hearing about this would be... what is your experience with using a bone broth?

What did you originally start using it for and how has it affected you?

Do you find it tasty, as well?

(I feel like I'm conducting an interview... lol... but I really am interested and I think others would benefit from your first hand experience, rather than just some random article. smiley )

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ I was having some severe pain...both muscle, and joints...and read about it on the internet...so decided to try it. I could tell a difference instatntly. And when I slacked off on drinking it, I could tell that too. So I made it a part of my life. I do it now just like shaving, or brushing my teeth. it's a part of me. It tastes GREAT..no seasoning needed. It is both salty enough, and flavorful enough that nothing else is needed. You can make gravy out of it if you like, or use it to flavor rice, stuffing..etc. To me...it's a miracle that anyone can perform. I like to pour, or put some into a cup, heat it in the micro, as hot as coffee, and drink it. Anytime. It tastes great, and just makes you feel good! There's a lot of "trace elements" in it that you are probably NOT going to get anywhere else.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe LOL! That WAS my experience using bone broth...NOT an article!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I meant your experience is so much better than looking it up on the Internet and reading some random person's article.

Your recipe is also tons better than mine.

smiley

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ Well..I got MY advice from the internet...so it's not all mine. My recipe just evolved over the years. Whatever worked best, and seemed most effective...and I tried a lot of different things. I tried adding some vegatables, but they perverted the pure taste, I thought. Others might like it. Everyone should experiment, and find what they like best. To me, it not only helps with muscle, and joint pain, it helps my health as a whole. A biotic miracle! I urge everyone to try it. What do you have to lose?

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I agree!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ If it's not already available in stores, and restaurants...someone is mising the opportunity!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ You should look into production...you could be the "Bone Broth Queen!" LOL! There would be millions in it!!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Very kind and thoughtful of you, Joe!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum Thank you. I believe EVEYONE should drink this!

+2

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I'm truly sorry to learn of all that you are going through, Greg. I hope you find solace soon. Take care... smiley

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum Thanks

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

today my doctor sent an order in to see an Rheumatologist . He said, he don't know when they are going to call me.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy You should try Bondojoe's bonebroth recipe. It might help.

I've known a lot of people it has helped dramatically.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Hopefully you will get that call sooner than expected. smiley

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum I hope so to ,because my joints hurt all over and I'm running a mid fever

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I've never had RA, but I know people that do, and regardless what way you decide to go...alternative medicine such as Bondo Joe and Ravenous Bird have suggested or traditional medicine I'm confident you will find relief. smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum Thanks for your help , you are very kind

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Aw, Greg...didn't really do much. Bondo Joe and RB are the people that deserve your gratitude. All I'm saying is that you have a lot of options open and you should consider all of them...and that you are not alone. smiley

master
Report comment
(5y)

It appears that the postmodern theories of allopathic medicine will largely incorporate the "inflamatory response" as a major basis for most disease states. The foremost theory is that certain plants have phytochemicals in them which act as natural anti-inflamatory elements. These then are rated on the ORAC scale. Some are famous like blueberries and pomegranate while other are not like sumac bran (which has very large amounts and maybe far cheaper).

Technically it's a poor concept to self-medicate as one then is typically ignorant of the science involved, and also lacks the discipline to actually take the medication in high enough amounts such that the substance is introduced into the bloodstream to a high enough level of concentration plus then is persistently available such that it has a therapeutic effect. This is basis pharmacology yet it's estimated 70-80% of Americans fail to take their medication regularly and correctly to achieve these goals. Thus even when a patient knows what they should do, has the medication, or even discovers a herb or diet that works, they consistently fail to make life changes that are proven to be beneficial.
Read more

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,716 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series