This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,748 reviews
122,412 films • 18,479 TV series

With a Little Help From His Friends ... Meet Harvey Djerf! (872 views, 2 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

PLYMOUTH, Minn. - It is possible in the autumn of one's life, to still have spring in one’s step.

Harvey Djerf, 95, is proof of that.

“I’ve always liked to walk,” Harvey says. “I feel better if I walk.”

But sprinkled along his path is proof of something else: the kindness of Harvey’s neighbors.

“People saw me stopping and catching my breath,” the WWII veteran says. “They figured maybe Harvey needs a place to rest.”

Every few hundred feet along Harvey’s walk sits a seemingly random chair – some next to driveways, others on front lawns. All of them have been placed there for Harvey.

Tom and Melanie Heuerman had seen Harvey resting in other neighbors’ chairs when they decided to add one of their own.

“We put one out and he found it the very next day,” Melanie says.

“We wanted him to honor us with his presence,” adds Tom. “It’s kind of status symbol in the neighborhood to have a chair out for Harvey.”
Read more

+4

God
Report comment
(6y)

What a touching and beautiful story. Thank you for sharing that. I wish we all had a Harvey in our neighborhood. I bet he extremely interesting to talk to. Tell harvey hello from 2movies smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(6y)

<br>

+3

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,748 reviews • 122,412 films • 18,479 TV series