This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,723 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

The Future Of Gaming: Potential Dangers (661 views, 2 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

Ok, this is not something i have read but thought about along with some other things that are going on in the world.

Online gaming as we know it is becomming massive in these recent few years, with microtransactions becomming the biggest problem gamers had to deal with, this is not going to be a rant about the fact that microtrans games should never have a purchase price if its a free to play model, but more deeper/crazy in thought.

I am finding it a bit concerning that with the push for smart cities and an A.I grid with active denile system, what the potential dangers could be placed inside games to control the gaming public.
We are used to pay to win games now, even big names are doing this to rake in more money from gullible players, certainly when and if we become all smart and A.I'd, the gamers would not be the only ones left out of this control grid surely.

Do you think the potential lootbox system could one day be used to reward gamers for being nice good government loved citizens? extra rewards(real life rewards perhaps) from lootboxes for ratting on other people who are not bending to the governments will, pay-to-live lifestyle?
Read more

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

1984 Gamer style.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Azishael Yes, could be a worthy add-on for a book alongside 1984, but for the gamers to think about, could even kill the micro-trend:)

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,723 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series