This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,738 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

saying my good byes (966 views, 37 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I'm sorry I must go ,but the price of internet has went up and I can't afford to pay for it anymore .I wish ya'll the very best and take care of yourself .Please bug the tar out of system ,until he eats his corn .I will be missing you all and I hope one day .I might be able to afford internet again , I really enjoyed everyone here . Bye

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

That's really sad. :( I'm so sorry!

Thank you for saying goodbye and I wish you all the best as well.

It's ridiculous in this day that you would have to pay so much.

I presume you have "shopped around"?

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ they told me Nov 12 they cut me off .Plus they told me I over paid ,but still got a bill for it .They going to send me a check for $49.00 after Nov 12 .I'm going to Wal-mart to buy me a phone .I will not have internet at all

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy Maybe we could figure out how to all contribute something to help as Bondojoe proposed below? :)

+1

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Somebody, share your WI-FI with Greg. smiley

+2

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I live in the boonies and nobody around for miles .I wished I lived in town , so I could use someones WI-FI Thank, that was a nice thought

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy do you have paypal account ?

Report comment
(5y)

@∞Aces∞ no I don't

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy can you create one ?

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Can we crowd fund him some way?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Hey, that's a cool idea!! 👍

As little as 1 euro or dollar could add up to an amount for a year that might make it possible.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ That's what I thought. Everyone cans spare a buck or two. The more people that chip in...the cheaper it is.

+1

@bondojoe Setting up a 'gofundme' is really easy, I would offer, but I'm assuming Greg is in the US so (cos of exchange rates etc) prob easier done by someone who also lives there.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe A fine idea. Count me in.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@dramucom I don't know how to set up anything like that. I'll leave it to the tech geniuses here.. but I'm in too!

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

I hate to see any movie fan have to leave from here! Hopefully, smiley something will change soon for you and you will be back with us! smiley

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Nov 12 I will not have internet ,so I have 7 days from today to spend time on here .I want to Thank you all for your good byes ,they mean a lot to me . I hope I've been an OK person on twomovies and I will miss you all dearly . smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

You will be missed dearly, good luck. maybe download the heck out of some stuff before you go. You area great person, We will see you again sooner than later.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

That's very nice of ya'll to try to raise money to keep me on ,but I know I must go ,I can't compete with the prices of the internet companies ,They have to raise prices , to keep themselves going ,I understand that. I rather the money go to people that loss their homes .I'm not going to be homeless ,because I own mine .I Thank you all again

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

It's such a shame, pisses me off that the Internet companies charge so much, when every company pushes us to use wifi for absolutely everything it should be so much cheaper because of that. Take care Greg, hopefully you will be back. smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

SO you don't have a major library near you,or even short way
??cause library often have the Net for the public.Do you? the only other thing i can think of,is, do you have a community college near by?how about any night school there?computer lab?Its a idea any access would do; do you belong to a church or place of worship??how about volunteer job, cause you got to work on their computer, so you got time on it??

Wait, before you cut it off, do this;call up that internet company, and PLEAD POVERTY . it works sometimes for disabled and seniors on a low income, they sometimes have "special rates."--I would know,in the past i would do that,they had me on a limited DSL or something, cause they used to know seniors and disabled had low incomes.All you haveto do, ask for the "business and administration dept."of the internet company.

you can find out if they do that,and if you can swing it.I would call up,cause i would switch internet co,s cause I would go get their cheap introductory cheap rate for a year.I am pretty good at bargaining, and it does happen.--are there any other co.s that you could get"introductory rates for a year,cheaper"?--and when i left one ISP, to go to another, they wouldnt want me to leave, and bargained me down to a lower rate-
Read more

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 yes, but it's 3 towns away
and it's to far to drive there .

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy Before we part, I have to ask, "Why did you unfriend me? What did I do?"

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Yes, I do that every year; I call them before the year is up to ask about promotions, special deals, etc. It works every time. Greg, you do not loose anything by calling and asking

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@matesaca Precisely. I always find unlimited deals that they do not offer, unless you ask or do a search for them.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I have tried to bargain with the internet company and called around ,but with no luck

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I don't know how techy you are but, there are ways to tether your phone unlimited. PDAnet+ is one way.

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

So what or you short of, the " price increase " or do you need the full amount?

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 He has written above PV that he doesn't want us to crowd fund him.

So he's declined that.

He also wrote that he's getting a $49 refund, so I'd say we'd need to crowd fund a year's payment, which is entirely doable, but @Greg has declined.

Maybe he'll change his mind, but if he's firm on it, I'd say we should respect that decision.

:)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ Okay, thanks for letting me. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ the internet company ,sent me a bill for that month .When I talked to them about my bill they told me prices went up and I owned them ,Then I called them back again ,then they told me I over paid .I'm getting two differ stories from them .I know I have not over paid them .I keep track of that and I have looked into it again ,now they telling me I have not over paid .How can I trust them now .

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy The billing cycles for internet are prorated and they will divide it by days and also will take into account any outages that are there fault, even if you were one of the ones whose service wasn't interrupted for example.

I honestly wouldn't worry about getting money back.

If you don't wish to accept everyone's help, I understand.

Wishing you all the best. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I'll be OK ,maybe something will happen and the internet company find a way to keep me ,but I will not bet on it .I thank you ,But I can't take an offer

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy Just looked this up, it may help you,
lowincomerelief.com/how-to-get-f...

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I've been working on some things this morning .I call safelink and they sending me an application in the mail .I must show I have Medicaid or they need a copy of it or copy of my SSI paper .I called my insurance to see if I could get a lower rate and I can starting next month.I call some family to ,but they all said they are in the same boat as I am . I have checked about getting help with my light bill ,they told me it must be passed due in order for them to help me (if they have any funds ).It seems like I can keep my internet on now .thanks everyone for trying to help .

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy Oh that's super terrific news.

It seems you have a lot of people that enjoy your being here, and that's always a nice thing to know, isn't it?

Congrats on getting the help.

It's always a good idea to ask. :)

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

yes it is , I really thank everyone that tried to help me to keep my internet on and finding ways to do it.those that was willing to help get funds for me ,I thank you all to !

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Where there is a will, there's a way! smiley Send your prayers up and blessings will come down.

smiley I am happy for you and glad to see your internet will not be disconnected.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,738 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series