This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,742 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

Why does a sock troll live in my washing machine ? mysteries of everyday life (956 views, 24 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(4y)

We discuss so hard lifes big mysteries. Meaning of life , big bang, the universe and EVERYTHING. But: it`s not the deep canyons of life we fear, it´s the POT-HOLES.
Everyday life is mysterious.
Why do socks continuously disappear in my washing machine?
Why do you always meet someone you know the one time you pop to the shop looking especially crappy?
Why are my keys in the fridge?
Why is the elevator on a hoilday when i have an appointment on the 15 th floor?
Why does my computer always automatically start a 30 minutes update when there is no time for it?
Why do I spend six hours rearranging the dishwasher to fit in one last plate instead of taking six seconds to wash the plate?

And : there is hope
Example: For a mysterious reason i dont know my girlfriend always shouts through the
appartment: " where did you put it, honey?"
I used to get angry saying (to myself) "what the f... you are talking about?"
i am smarter now. I always say: "To the others, honey, to the others"
Read more

+5

master
Report comment
(4y)

+3

master
Report comment
(4y)

BTW: There even is a new branch in science with the very same topic. Its called "Quirkology"
smiley

+3

guru
Report comment
(4y)

At least it's not Kirkology which would mean traveling to the corners of the universe to find the answers smiley

+4

Report comment
(4y)

That my friend, is called Murphy's Law.

Murphy and I have been best friends at times. Real close, to my dismay. Notable instances where:

In Germany. Going on a date and while driving to pick her up, the car slides into a muddy field. I get out, my feet get planted in the mud, I lose my balance and I fall face first into the mud. Knowing that she would never believe me, I took a selfie and send it to her.

In the Netherlands. Returning from the Supermarket. Shopping bags on both handlebars of the bicycle steering wheel. I arrive at my house only to see the two hottest looking neighbours a man could ever hope for. They were also returning from the supermarket, carrying their groceries, walking side by side and occupying the entire width of the road. Chivalrous as I was, I decided not to inconvenience them and decided to take the bicycle up the sidewalk. As I am doing that, I have the bright idea to disembark while the bike was still in motion. The bike was front heavy from the shopping bags, the front tire slides in the mud and the only thing I was able to see was the tree by the sidewalk coming my way. The tree and I hugged lovingly, I bounced of it and fell into the only pothole full of water in the entire street. Not the best impression a man could hope for in the eyes of beauties.
Read more

+7

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd Brit's tend to use the phrase 'Sods Law' in place of Murphy's.

+6

Report comment
(4y)
+3

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd Haha Mandale, you really seem to have an arrangement with Murphy! The stories are absolutely aweyome!

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

Why is it that you can hold a wee in for ages, but the closer you get to a toilet the more and more desperate you become, until you're standing crossed legged really trying not to wet yourself.

Or maybe it's just me and I have undiagnosed diabetes LOL

+5

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale No diabetes. Its a Bansh(p)ee haunting you, the demon of underwear manufacturers

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

I have 3 single socks that don't match sitting on my dryer right now. They have been sitting there for 2 months. I've been hoping that the sock monster will spit them out at some point, but I think I'm at a loss!
Teeny💋
PS. Your not alone

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 I think we've all lost socks in the dryer.

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)

I have another one: In 2012 i met a woman (she is my business partner now) and i INSTANTLY fell in love with her. From day one i knew this is gonna be big (for some mysterious reason that seems to happen to me exactly every 7 years)
Alright so for first official date i really tried my best, I asked a friend for his whole cute restaurant alone. (She was kinda famous so we couldnt meet in public)and much more.
it worked and we fell in love. (normally i am just to lazy to do ANY effort, but not here)
The very next day inhalf of 90 minutes between 14.00 and 15.30 THREE (!) ex-girlfriends of mine called. I havent had heard a word from these three for more than 6 years minimum. ALL were kinda suggesting meeting again bla bla and it was so nice blabla...
At 16.00 i still sat in my bureau chair TOTALLY stunned. "How could they possibly know that?" I still have no idea.
A good friend of mine has the theory that ALL women of the world meet secretly at night in
a big UN like conference. Only to make our lifes harder . And HIS wife is chairwoman of it.
Read more

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Adrian∞ It's all true. We used to have to meet at giant bingo halls and hook up via multi-screen satellite video-call. Now we just have a big Whatsapps group.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I knew it! I KNEW IT !!

+3

Report comment
(4y)

the troll is stealing your socks because you touch yourself at night and make baby Jesus cry.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@NinjaBoyOne :
> not constructive
> condescending
> your initials are BM 💩 troll

master
Report comment
(4y)

@BlackMagneto
@uunboundd

+1

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

Every time I lose a sock, I gain a tupperware container lid, that fits none of my containers!!

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Moggswith2G's I just spent the last 20 minutes looking for a lid to match one of the 897,234.78 Tupperware containers I have rammed in cupboards. I gave up in the end and used freezer bags instead!

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Tell me about it. Think it's time I do a bulk socks wash, see what lids I get as a prize for being so brave!!

+1

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

I use those lil fabrics that trap the colours when I wash coloured clothes. These some times are traped in the rubber between the door and the spinning tub. I never had a case of losing socks or find them in this rubber pocket that isolates the door. Sometimes they get stucked on the ceiling of the tub when I gather the clothes. I just spin once and find them stuck on the other side of the tub. Sometimes in this isolating rubber I find lil things like a forgotten lighter or something else of small size.

I believe in the laws of Murphy's laws like Mandale. I also believe that if life was happening to us in a linear way it would be really boring and useless. We have all the time to balance on a rope of difficulties, frustration, hapiness, love, loneliness, sickness and other conditions or emotions positive or negative. This what makes life valuable and irreplaceable.

How sweet is the memory I have about that girl i met before 20 years, in an absolute crazy situation. The love we had , the dissapoitment when we turned backs to eachother. ...
Read more

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Nasos What a beautiful idea!
The nonlinearity of life is just there to make life wonderful. I love this idea.
"Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs"- but GREAT!
I knew it
Thanks Nasos!

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

this is analogous to poor people who think it's alright for them to take whatever they want, and to the people who make excuses for them whilst pointing their fingers at everyone else.

master
Report comment
(4y)

Now THAT is a BIG Obstacle in LIFE!

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,742 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series