This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,394 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

are you sick yet??i get very bad cold,a week later,i am even sicker,cause its the season-- (768 views, 5 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(5y)

Yes, i got a bad cold smiley ,then a week later,i have severe pain in my neck lymph nodes,severe pain in my upper sinus,and Eustaction tubes (the drain tubes from yer sinus to yer lymph nodes,are in esxteme pain.A friend gives me a ride to a "drop in clinic"(you must at least have M<edicare not medicaid;with only medicaid,or no insurance,you have to go to far away ER and wait for many hours.i am old,71,they take me;but the wait is a couple hoiurs,rthey got one doxtor.she examines memgives me antibiotic perscription(plus a pill for yeast infection)and i go homemin great pain--can'r sleep all mnight,I use a bronchial steamer to decongest,ands drink tons of tea;i am so buzzed from, rthe tea caffeine(bad green tea)i can't sleep i a,m miserable any how.i take ibuoprofin,for pain an inflammation.

I also picked up a strange dainty from the 99 cent store'"circus peanuts",which are large soft peanut shaped candy,made of sugar,flavoring,and egg albumin.--yes,that's the ingredients,If they are fresh,they are soft,fluffy,pumped up,and super sweet--drug addicts also like them.--but I also love them,they melt in your mouth,putting sugar directly into the blood stream like a drug.Do you Europeans or Aussies have any junk food like this?Licorice?I love licorice!!--this feels nothing like food, more like spun sugar,--the junkiest of junk food!! smiley smiley smiley smiley

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

I'm sorry you are so sick!

I hope the doctor gave you some antibiotics or something. Swollen lymph nodes and pain probably mean infection.

Best of luck and stay warm! :)

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ i'm glad no one else has gotten that sick.We live in a valley that's bad for allergies,SMOG and everything that collects in valleys.--(The Indians called it The Valley of Sickness.)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I think that people are getting sick, maybe they just aren't online to chat about it.

Smog sucks big time. It does wear the immune system down.

Take care and stay well! :)

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

If it is the season i am missing something, not had a cold myself for many a year now, i was only getting sick a few times (most recently last Christmas)if i don't read the ingredients on food properly, the odd headaches from msg food and certain nuts.... cashhh......yuk cannot finish that one.
If the air does look a bit too smogged and such, perhaps some face masks would come in handy on those days when it becomes way too much, i get some looks when out on the times i have to use them, but health is wealth, and at most for the past years if i catch something, its a 24 hour ordeal and then i am in the clear, i take many organic foods no meat, but that works for me as i was not meant for meat eating.

I hope you are much better now in this seasonal time and keeping warm, it is getting mighty cold at certain times now and many people around who perhaps handle door handles and such things when ill... and then that is also a risk of infections to keep ever a watchout for.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

yes that what happed to me am sick
smiley

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,394 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series