This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,748 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

Which popup blocker, or combination, works on all movie links? (478 views, 23 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

I have no problems with ads or popups from any of the movie links, until I'm forced to use the "Streamzz.ws" links when all others are out of date, or for sites like Vevio, which won't work for me at all. I want to eventually use a different browser, but I'm stuck with Chrome for now. I'm also using AdBlocker Ultimate & AdGuard for popups but neither block much, if anything on the Streamzz Site.

What type popup blocker/blocker-combo are you using for these links? It's ridiculous trying to watch anything on the Streamzz site, and even if you do finally get through the 15 depraved sex graphics that popup continuously, it's still not enough for them, they continue to popup while you're watching your movie as well. Your expert help is appreciated.

+2

master

I use ublock Origin and it blocks everything. It's the best and I've tried them all

+5

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Oh thankyou so much! I will try it!

+3

@StarKissed I don't know if you have to have google chrome to get this app. I think it's for most browsers though

+3

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Used it for years on my xp and now my win 10. I've added Ghosterly, too. But I sometimes have to disable that on Voe links this last month or so. I use Firefox for show and movie sites. I use Firefox for 99% of the stuff I do.

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

Already installed, will try it now. Thanks again! 💜

+1

Hide 1 reply...

@StarKissed how is it working for you?

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

So nice! Not one popup from the Streamzz Site. Can't believe it! 5 Stars for you Yellow Rose.

+1

Hide 1 reply...

@StarKissed I'm so glad to hear this. They are so annoying aren't they?

+1

expert
Report comment
(1y)

Yeah. uBlock Origin works the best. And it works better all alone (with other blockers OFF).

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@dubub I totally agree. Adding other blockers to it messes it up.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

UBlock Origin, BUT take into consideration that they are always devising new ways to intrude, so get a free copy of 360 Total Security to compliment it. It's better to have false positives and make adjustments. You also can regularly clean your system and keep the coders/programmers ahead of the curve in predicting the nasty pop-up tag alongs.

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Sounds great, thanks!

+2

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DontSpeak No, DONT get a copy of 360 total security. Ublock origin + Adblocker ultimate on Firefox = no more ads ever. There are also many youtube ad blockers which are great if you spend any time on there. That along with Windows Defender ( built into Windows from 8 onwards ) is all any "average" user will ever need. Recommending anything by Norton is laughable.

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Stickmanuk You misread.

I didn't recommend Norton. Plus, Norton's version is called "Norton 360"

I recommended "360 Total Security" www.360totalsecurity.com/en/down...

I also use the paid version of 360 Total Security because it's customisable.

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak And still worthless. People who pay for "security" or AV should spend 4 minutes reading.

+1

Report comment
(1y)
+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

I don't trust Chrome, am using Firefox now with the ublock add-in. Also use Internet Downlod Manager, it isn't free but I like it.
It all works well.

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless try Video Download Helper it is free and works great

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless Get yourself a free copy of Jdownloader2. its free and does everything IDM does.

skilled
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

I use Ublock Origin on Firefox Developer with FDM (Free Download Manager). I've used IDM and Ninja in the past but changed to a FOSS DM about a year ago, no complaints. I run a cache/cookie-dump regularly when online and run through TorGuard VPN. I use VDH to capture urls and pass them to FDM when downloading movies.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Popper Blocker along with Ublock Origin. Been using both and it's rare that I would get anything other than something saying to remove "adblock" software.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,748 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series