This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,645 reviews
122,376 films • 18,475 TV series

What Do You Think of This? (768 views, 19 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master

Well this a different sort of post I suppose...... A woman who lives down the hall (who I know is somewhat disturbed) brought this Guyanese food over for me to try. Hate to say I was rather suspicious and I left it in the fridge last night. Opened the container tonight to check this dish out and found this. What the hell? Is this normal? I think even one of those sharp things in my throat would have been very painful. Hate to think the worst, but would this not make you afraid? I suppose this might be common with Guyanese people, but even so I'm not going to accept anymore food offerings from her.

Thanks, weird I know.... smiley smiley

+4

expert
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

it looks like a fish spine. guyanese food has a mix of african and asian style cooking due to the slave trade and racism bringing african and asian people to the caribbean. obviously any culture can be good and bad or in the grey area, but most folks are normal wherever they are from. you likely have nothing to worry about culturally. but if this individual is disturbed then just dont trust it however dont write off all guyanese cuisine.

+3

Hide 1 reply...

@robdeniro Yep, you are right, I have to admit it smelled delicious. But I've told this lady numerous times I have no weed for sale and maybe she hates me for that.... I've been generous at times and given her a bud or two.

It could be completely innocent & perhaps she really means well. Oh and maybe I'm just too paranoid, thnx for your reply, I do appreciate it

+1

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

Its a fish bone

+3

skilled
Report comment
(4y)

bones add flavor to the broth,prob nothing to worry about.

+1

master
Report comment
(4y)

Probably is a bone but looks like a bug to me! When in doubt throw it out is a rule I live by.

+4

Hide 1 reply...

@fortunate1 Agreed Liz, I dispose of way too much food, even if it's one day past the "so called" expiry date. Not one to take chances myself.

+1

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Open a can of salmon and you'll see the exact same thing. A tin of sardines will contain much smaller versions.

+2

Hide 2 replies...

@LesStrater Umm, not so sure about that, I've seen the little bones in salmon, never looks as f**ked up as this thing.... smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@LesStrater I never pick out the dalmon bones. Smash them to powder. Love Salmon patties.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Looks like fish bone. If the food was sea food related and included fish with the bone (for example small fishes fried with the bone ) sounds acceptable. If the food was chicken, meat or sea food like octopus, I would never eat again neighber's food LoL. In any case it was very sweet from her to offer u food.

+1

Hide 2 replies...

@Nasos It was sweet of her, but she's assaulted three people in this building since she's become a tenant, which makes me just a little afraid ... smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ I would feel the same. Is it guyanese temperament? Is she unstable? Is she manipulative? Is it that as person of authority has to maintain order and this is how she does it? Something else? U'll have to decide. Good luck Mouse!

God
Report comment
(4y)

What the hell is it? I thought it was a blown up pic of a centipede before reading your post...lol! Looks really gross! ๐Ÿ’‹

+1

Hide 1 reply...

@Teeny๐Ÿ’‹ Yes, exactly how I felt. Had just vaped some really good THC, and almost lost it, seeing this..... And yes I did blow the picture up, but now have come to the conclusion it is a fish spine (with help from other's here).

Regardless, way tooo gross for me to even contemplate eating... smiley

+3

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,645 reviews • 122,376 films • 18,475 TV series