This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,381 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Do you dream? Do you remember your dreams? Have any of them ever become true? (1074 views, 39 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

What kind of dreams do you have? Do you dream of flying...floating, or falling? Do you dream of things that you've done in your past, or things that you've never done? Do you dream you are someone else? Have you dreamed of death...or have you ever died, in a dream? Do you dream of sex...is it x rated? Give us the skinny. Tell us your dreams.

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I dream in full colour. Sometimes it's hard to know which is real.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)
+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

Egor, me too, especially red and bright colors.(red guy smiley

I had,and have, smiley a ton of "traveling"dreams.A city,catching buses,.walking to city fancy stores,huge restaurant-resort places,one time.--huge hospital finding my way smiley thru,elavators.Traveling back and forth between Oregon and California, trying ()again)to find a place in San Francisco I could afford to live in;(in reality, we all moved out,we had to.)

But the 3-D technicolored,huge epic dreams, really amaze me.--I don't know if I like them.Constantly traveling MORE PLACES,ECT ECT,---oh, and the epic"invasion of our country by huge invading armies",that was going to come,everyone had to LEAVE.--even strange trip over a weird Golden Gate bridge,with no car!!!??? OH MAN!! smiley

The best one,was being on a tropical inlet,surrounded by ocean,.people got in all kinds of boats,ships,I always wound up, standing back from the ocean,above, smiley watching it.That ocean seemed very real.It was like a vacation,that sunny tropical inlet,Oh, and in that city,I was always hunting for colorful dresses in my size,nice.(I don't think i ever found them.)---probably some street like Haight street.If I was on a long distance bus,I would go from California to Oregon,long trips.Even before I moved back to Oregon in reality,I kept dreaming of driving commuter trips.UGH.OH,and I went back to college to paint,in dreams, smiley smiley ,yuck!!!anyone else do this type of dream? smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 (I no longer dream of flying,its hard.Oh, dreams of flirting with opposie sex,yes,going to dances to meet guys(which i had done)and of course i am YOUNG AGAIN.HAH HAH!!"Candy-colored clown/they call the sandman../"Roy Orbison,I used to own records"Pretty Woman" was the huge hit.(I need to find him on youtube,I( miss my records,BAWL!!--never shoulda let em go!!)you youngsters,do not get rid of yer music!!!NAH!!BOO HOO!!HAW HAW

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

yes yes yes I have often wondered if dreams are how the mind is occupied during death until one wakea up in the next reincarnation.
I often have a dream where it resembles a scavenger and I am searching for something, sometimes a place, a destination, a person and no matter how I try I keep revisiting the same places from a different direction or in the company of other persons until I grow so frustrated I force myself to wake up as if I know it is a dream.
I often solve problems from real life during a dream. When I was working as a software engineer I resolved often programming problems which had stymied me sometimes for days.
Once while working on a warehouse automation distribution project for a large auto parts chain the project was delayed for weeks while looking for software/printers which could offer barcode fonts large enough to be read by conveyor belt scanners proposed. XEROX could not timely deliver a font for the printer model selected. I had read the printer user manual and knew the printer could print individual lines of any millimeter thickness/length/orientation selected. ...
Read more

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Paladin* That's amazing... but doesn't surprise me. I've always depending on my mind at sleep to provide answers that I can't achieve while awake. The expression "sleep on it"...probably was more relevant than we realized. I don't know if we are freeing our own minds, or connecting with what Jung called the "collective unconscious".

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I once had a dream that giant pandas were just people in costume and that China had been playing a massive prank on the rest of the world.

Now I can't watch video of them without seeing the mannerisms of man, it's terrifying.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale The mannerisms of man ARE terrifying!

God
Report comment
(5y)

I have to be honest.

I do not dream in a linear way at all. I never have.

In fact, my dreams freak me out so much that many times I am more than grateful to forget them. If they came true we would be living in a combination of "The Mist" and "Jaws" with a touch of "Silence of the Lambs" and "The Lord of the Rings".

I often don't even dream in English.

I tried many, many dream analysis classes and people that were supposed to guide in my dream analysis. It defied even them.

Anyhow, I have learned to decipher what a lot of them mean, but it's hard work.

Those are just the dreams that come on their own. Lucid dreaming produces something completely different. However, it's a lot of work.

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ I believe that we are born with a racial memory from all of our ancestors. So you may not be draming for just yourself. That would DEFINETLY be hard to decipher!

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Actually, I've often thought that. All the dreams analysts that I've attended have said something similar to what you just wrote.

I don't know either way (obviously) but it sure would be fun to find out! :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ Yes, it WOULD!

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Since discovering the joys of Lorenzepam (sleeping medication) I have elimated dreams from my diet. I don't know how it happened, but I am not complaining because the ones I did have before included nightmares of blockheads and other vermon.

The stuff sure killed nocturnal dreams but I still have the normal daydreams - almost vivid hallucinations that don't include the baddies.

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Well...if you still have dreams during the day, at least you're not getting neglected! I've been taking SOME form of benzodiazepines for about 40 years. I started with Valium, and am currently on Xanax. I always dream. At night.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Perhaps u have become immune to their effects? I'm very happy with my dream-free sleep.

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. They are probably not as effective as they once were. I know what you mean...I don't really sleep at night. I just kind of wander from one thought to another, then after a certain number of hours...get up. Do the day...repeat.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe so no dreaming at all?

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Oh yeah...all night long. ...the thoughts ARE my dreams. Light dreaming. Not a lot of sleeping. No daydreams.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Have you ever heard about or do you about " the old hag " story ? smiley

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Not that I'm aware of. Do tell!

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I have had some weird dreams that make no sense nor do i know the people whos been in them , it sounds crazy but most of my dreams have somehow have came true or have had a weird connection like the person in my dream who i dont know is related to someone that i do know , i could tell you more details but its to long and would sound stupid but for me to tell you about the old hag i had to tell you this first ?
The picture below actually is what i can only describe as that actually happened to me , i was asleep woke up like someone had shouted my name and i opened my eyes i could see my window and move eyes round about the window but I COULD NOT MOVE MY BODY. And al of a sudden it felt like someone was at the top or the back of my head trying to pull ( this is going to sound crazy) my soul out of me ! I swear to god i fckn shat a cat i was and never have ever been so scared in my life as i was that moment and from nowhere i shouted "am not scared of you" the feeling stopped and i could move again , its only happened that one time and i did research it some say its sleep paralyse some say its the super natural what ever the fck it was i will never forget that night for the rest of my life haha

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself LOL! If that happened to me...I wouldn't be laughing about it. I'd be afraid to sleep at night!I don't doubt that it happened...I know that evil is real. I think we have to fight it all of the time, or we might become vitims. I'm glad it wasn't ME!! {sorry my ex bothered you, thou}...LOL!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself I've never seen anything. But once...when I was 18 years old...I felt this presense that seemed to be hovering over me. I had bad nightmares...but they were more like visions. I was in a huge open space...with a mountain..and I stood at the top of the mountain, and realized that I was dead. And below the mountain, there were a large number of people suffering...and That thought...the feeling that came to me was "No hope". These people had no hope. Their lives were over. There was nothing left...no chance for anything to change....simply...no hope. It felt evil. It was such an empty horrendous feeling. I became interested in the Bible, eventually became a Christiian. I never had the "vision" again...but it has always been in my mind...it felt like it was always a possibility..that id I got to the point where I joined "those" people below...it would be unbearable. ...
Read more

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself That looks like my ex! Well, one of them. Is there a story behind this "hag"?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Whahahahahaha

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Just kidding!

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I never or rarely remember my dreams, nightmares are the ones that are remembered for me. Usually centering on something that is bothering me.

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

I've had a couple of dreams to come true. Probably just the law of averages. 99.99 percent of them have not. I rarely have a nightmare. Maybe ten in my whole life.

God
Report comment
(5y)

Hmmm dreams. Let's see. My dreams are in color. I remember them for a day or two at the most. That is except one....
It's a recurring dream that has popped up every now and then for the past 40 years or so. I'm looking out my window and way off in the distance I see a Godzilla-type thingy walking from right to left. In the dream, I'm thinking that it is in Atlantic City (I live alongside the Delaware River) and I'm safe. It then turns it's head and appears to have seen that I am watching and changes direction. It's now coming toward me. I turn from the window to run and then.....I wake up.
It's a goofy dream, I know.

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@dramucom Better than TV, I bet!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I don't know if I ever want to see the end of that show! :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@dramucom Wow, that's not goofy, that's cool!

I loved Godzilla growing up. I would've loved to have that dream. lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ Well, it is better than having those dreams I had as a teenager. They would just end up like it real life. A disappointment for all involved. ;)

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

It is my understanding that everyone in our dreams are really ourselves representing something we are trying to work out or reliving a trama. I'm sure it's not that cut and dried but something like that. Even when we dream about a man if we are a woman it is an aspect of ourselves.. We just use their image..may have something to do with personality.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

I totaly agree with Laurie! Every dream can be explained by analyzing (jus' been sincere with- said in plain) ouselves.I personaly am very beaten from work every night to have the luxury of having dreams. I daydream of things like women, material stuff or emotions so Iexpress my wishes in loud to myself. Could be the reason I ain't got night dreams? Not really sure. The Carl Jung's work about archetypes n dreaming may has some truth about it cuz I really heard many times women havin' typical dreams like the one the scientinsts analyzed. I was wondering if are archetypes messin' with the modern way of life and the chase by a wolf could become chase by a nude IRS guy (just a weird and funny hypothesis of mine)!

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,381 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series