This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,202 reviews
122,584 films • 18,497 TV series

The smartest dog in the world (342 views, 31 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

+3

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

This is amazing! My Shar-pei was exactly like this. I started with sign language when she was 6 weeks old. She could do almost anything by simple signs including ones I named as "Vicious Dog" (a combination of growling and snarling); "Speak" (a one smooth bark reply); "Turn Around" (turning to look behind her for an object); "Bring it Here" and about 40 others. She learned the names and the hand signals. She was so attentive, just like this. My cat knows some similar signals, but the pointing aspect is something that she doesn't get.

+3

Hide 2 replies...

@DontSpeak wow that is incredible. It is something I didn't know dogs could be taught let alone cats. I want to begin teaching my dog now. How cool

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Great video.Now i will look a little more closely at my dog's behavior.

+1

master

youtube won't let me watch it in my country(Canada) can someone post a copy that I can watch? Please and thanks smiley

+1

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 It's an older video so if you go to YouTube and search "smartest dog in the world" there are quite a few different links for it, some have slightly different names but they come up in the same search. I just don't know which ones will or wont play where you are. Hope you find it. smiley

+2

@SimonM Thanks Simon, I'll check it out. What type of dog is it? That might help

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 It's a Border Collie Chaser.

+1

@SimonM ok I found it then thanks

+2

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 I have a border collie, he is 14 in Dec.

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 You're welcome smiley

+1

master

+2

Hide 1 reply...

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 His name is Toby

+2

master

Not trying to brag or anything, (Yeah right) but my Toby will know what I am saying on the phone to my Mom. I talked to her today and said I'll see you when you get here. That was over and hour ago and my boy has been waiting for my parents by the front door, barking every now and then in anticipation.

+5

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Toby just noticed you satrted 'cleaning house' and hiding all those 'items' you never want your parents to see.

+3

@dubub huh? smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@dubub That's no way to treat a lady. smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)
+1

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM Thanks for the offer, Simon but I prefer my girlfriend do that favor for me. (You DO look better without that silly stash, though).

Report comment
(1y)

@dubub You misunderstood the message.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Our dogs are more clever!

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless Great to see such brilliant dogs! smiley smiley

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM That was a stray dog from the pound, the animal welfare people taught it to drive (really! how this was done was shown on TV) as part of a campaign to get unwanted animals re-housed.

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless That's a brilliant idea. I just tried to find it but I couldn't. I would love to see that if you ever come across it. Never see anything that cool on British TV, here they just show the heartbreaking clips of animals that have been mistreated. Go NZ!

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless Thank you smiley

master

Im not training my dog but realize he likes challenges
so i named all his toys and he gets it right every time
a few hand signals and even new things he picks up in 2-4 calls
none of my other dogs ever did this
hes cocker mix

master

btw about smart dog, its weird everytime i eat and i say your dinners over there
or in the kitchen, he looks like he never got a meal in my house, he cant sniff it
until i had my food smiley

master

Heres Vito with Blå (blue) its a shark smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,202 reviews • 122,584 films • 18,497 TV series