This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,381 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

"I Was One Of The Most Famous Pop Stars In The World. No One Knew The Secret Pain I Hid" (563 views, 35 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

This article was in one of those feeds we all get, but it really touched me. I am sharing it for that reason.

I Was One Of The Most Famous Pop Stars In The World. No One Knew The Secret Pain I Hid.

www.huffpost.com/entry/darren-ha...

The year is 1997, and talk show host Rosie O’Donnell is interviewing me about the smash hit “I Want You.” It’s a song Rosie helped make a Billboard Top 5 hit, having played what she affectionately nicknamed “The Chica Cherry Cola Song” incessantly during her show’s intro segment for months prior to us even landing a U.S. record deal.

Rosie’s obsession led to U.S. airplay, then a bidding war between major record labels, and suddenly, there I was, Darren Hayes, this inwardly shy kid from Brisbane ― a blue-collar, conservative, hyper-masculine city in the north of Australia ― sitting comfortably on the couch of the biggest daytime television show in the United States, oozing star power as half of the hot new Australian pop duo Savage Garden.
Read more

+2

expert
Report comment
(1y)

Who? Never heard of him.

+4

Hide 13 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@dubub lol You've never heard of the band "Savage Garden"? And I thought I lived outside of the loop in Finland. Look their music up sometime. 😊😊😊

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak "Savage"? We were too busy listening to "Sound Garden". LOL
Seriously, if you were listening to "Pop", you WERE outside our loop.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@LesStrater Gotta love typos. No, definitely never pop for me, sorry.

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DontSpeak Again, if you [also] neglected to read the article, and instead chose to focus exclusively on the title and producing [your] commentary on it alone (the band's name genre, also having nothing to do with the message of the article), is pointless to write anything at all.

It's identical to reviewing a book based on the title.

Since it is factual and truthful that you know nothing about me: !LOL! @ your profoundly inaccurate assumptions --- on all accounts. This time, you're outside the loop.

+1

expert
Report comment
(1y)

Yeah, I remember them, more or less--pretty much just more noise filler for the pop scene, nothing much to ever come close to 'Most Famous Pop Stars In The World'. Maybe one of the most famous in his head--I could believe that.

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@dubub The story was not about any of that. And he certainly never glorified himself, in fact, the opposite. What people do in the world, that's what you're referring to. Not the intent of the article.

+2

master

+2

Hide 1 reply...

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 for those who have posted on this site. I just wanted to post this song. It was a huge hit when it was released and still airs on most rock stations around the globe. That's all I have to say about that

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,381 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series