This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,735 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

The music that was playing playing while you were having the best times of your life! (528 views, 21 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

I'm in a great mood today. Doing things today that I love to do. Just tuning in to love of life. Playing great music at random. A Song came on my station that I had not heard in years. Took me back to a different time.
Strawberry letter 23. I recognized the intro, and I cranked it up! What a beautiful song! I had never actually heard the lyrics. Then I looked. Epherical and abstract.Poetic. See and be in the dream of joy and apreciation for life and love. Otherwise, the lyrics are meaningless. Like my favorite U2 songs. Just sing the chorus smiley ...
Stawberry Letter 23 - The Brothers Johmson
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyyA0Ika...
Click for a treat smiley

+2

guru
Report comment
(2y)

Chaka Khan - Tell Me Something Good
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQUWQj0P...

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(2y)

"The music that was playing while you were having the best times of your life!" - alternative version

I woke up in a bad mood. I don't feel like getting anything done today. To make matters worse, I had some kind of crap dream. I think there were transsexual midgets in it, they were dancing in provocative poses.. They wouldn't stop until I pulled my gun. That's when they bolted.

I opened a beer, choked down my antidepressant and a pain pill, lit a cigarette and listened to the radio. A song came on my station that I had not heard in years. Took me back to a different time. I listened to the lyrics, then threw up. When I was done, I thought, life sucks.

I'm about to call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline (1-800-273-8255) and complain about it. In the meantime, you can listen to the song and sing along to the chorus. smiley

The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kobdb37...

+3

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

@CitizenD Was this one of them? smiley

+3

Report comment
(2y)

@SimonM Rather not. I remember only vaguely. I think they were naked and their skin was blue. One of them was always shouting, "Aaaah! Yeah! Smurf me harder!"
Very strange. smiley

+2

Report comment
(2y)

@CitizenD If this is not a sick joke. You need more than just the National Suicide Prevention Hotline.

Get dressed right now and get your ass to the nearest medical center or hospital.

PLEASE!!

Report comment
(2y)
+1

senior guru
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

This song covers many of the great times in my life when I was young free and single and still does today, just not so often smiley smiley

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXyT1vy3...

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)
+2

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

+2

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

Queens of the stone age, perfect shagging rhythm.

+5

guru
Report comment
(2y)

guru
Report comment
(2y)

The Black Angels - Directions to See a Ghost
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaA6wQqp...

expert
Report comment
(2y)

Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGSKrC7d...

senior guru
Report comment
(2y)

I'm still waiting for the best time of my life. But, in the meantime these songs never fail to amuse...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yFTOvO0...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzoUu7w...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcSlcNfT...

smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)

@michael59 Nice positive attitude

+1

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

yes pls use the method I wrote

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

I know it will be difficult for u but this way I will see if some extension or privacy program or somethign else stops them from been posted properly
if they work here they should work there and vice versa
I fear some update, ext, or privacy stops them

+1

senior guru

So many songs for so many times, but this reminds me of the first time I felt I was having the time of my life. 1976, hottest British summer on record, I was 14, had a group of 'cool' friends (at least we thought we were). Bunking off school and going to the beach every day (telling my Mother I was so tanned cos I sunbathed in my lunch break haha), riding our bikes everywhere, hanging out at the funfair in the evening, snogging boys, smoking cigarettes and feeling like a rebel.

+1

guru
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

Black Sabbath- Sweet Leaf !- www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eleGPkE...
YouTube is getting too strict on embedding content on other sites...

guru
Report comment
(2y)

Alice Cooper- Schools Out www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7SECM3v...

guru
Report comment
(2y)

KOOL & The Gang - Funky Stuff

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,735 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series