About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,053 reviews
122,543 films • 18,492 TV series

Tell Me A Story (619 views, 25 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(4y)

Tell us any interesting thing that you have noticed, or experienced in your life. I'll get things started, with an observation.

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

Over the years, I have developed habits. One is to make a cup of coffee when I wake up, then enjoy it while I look out my window, at my niegbor's pasture, accross the street.. She has about 100 acres of open land. I've seen some interesting things there , over time. My neighbor has a herd of cattle that like to graze in an area that I can easily see. They chow down for a couple of hours, and move on. One evening, she brought in a bulldozer to strip a section of the land in preperation to building a new house. A large area was stripped to bare earth, including room for a yard, and driveway. The next morning I got my coffee, and sat down at the table, when a noise unlike any I had ever heard before got my attention. The cows had come to their usual morning spot to have breakfast, and there was none to be had! Their grass was gone! And they were bawling like a group of three year old children that were not getting their ice cream! They wandered around the bare earth like they were either confused, or angry, but they knew SOMETHING was wrong! And they were letting everyone know it. ...
Read more

+3

God
Report comment
(4y)

This is my baby, Bohdi. My husband was feeling his seasonal depression that he gets every year. I told him why don't we start looking for another dog for you. My husband truly speaks animal and is a natural dog whisperer if I ever seen one. We went to a couple of animal shelters and he played with a few dogs but none seemed the right fit. We were at the last shelter and I was up front playing with the cats and told him I can't see anymore dogs in cages so he went back alone. The next thing I knew was he was out front of the place talking to a man and playing with a dog. I go out there and this man tells us his son gave him this dog and he just couldn't care for him but couldn't stand the thought of him in a cage so he was going to have him put to sleep if nobody wanted him. My husband was in NO WAY going to let that happen. We were looking for a female to join our family and that is what we were used to having, so on the way home I voiced my concerns about the fact that he was a boy and wasn't sure how our 2 female pits would take to him. Of course my husband said if they didn't like him then we would find another home for him. I was a little distressed as our oldest pit (who has sadly since passed) was all alpha and I was so worried about the whole situation. Needless to say they became best friends even though bohdi being a small dog with little man syndrome and a boy, they gave each other mutual respect. The funny part of this story is bodhi instantly attached himself to me and became my shadow. We went to get my husband a dog but dogs always seem to know who REALLY NEEDS them even though they might not know it themselves. Three years later he is ALWAYS by my side and he is by far the best dog I've ever had. I said to my husband just the other day it is sad that man was so willing to sniff this beautiful soul right out of this world because he truly missed out on an amazing dog with nothing but love to give. If I'm ever depressed, upset or anxious bohdi crawls up in my lap and gives me pure love until I feel better.
Read more

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 You and your husband have big hearts. Bless the beasts and the children.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 OK TRUE!!our neighbors we had, the adult son sold his piece of land.it had the trees YEW.probably known in England, not sure. the new owner cut down the yew trees,and they fell over the fence,the green part,next door into a stream.All the'next door guys' cows died,the yew tree is so deadly,just the leaves poisoned the brook the cows drank water out of.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

Why Do You Say That?

Jill always had a wild spirit and fun-loving attitude. She was 23 back in 2013 and completing her last year at FSU. That is where she met the greatest love of her life, William (Will) Yates.
Will spotted Jill in the Café where he worked to pay for tuition. After asking Jill out, the 4th time was the charm. He was drawn to her for her unique ability to find the good in everything.

After dating for 6 months the two had become deeply in love. Will lost his roommate and Jill moved in. They were the happiest couple I had ever seen. They were together most of the times I saw them. Or texting, I would fuss at Will often for texting when hanging out and he would just laugh at my anger.
This one afternoon Will stopped by and was upset because Jill would not answer his text. I told him maybe she was in class and can’t answer him. He told me she was out of class and should be home. A few minutes later he got a text from her saying she was home. He said he was going home and get something straight about her answering his texts.
Read more

+6

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@eugilla GREAT!!

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)

I have a cousin back east; He's pretty right wing and religious,and I accidentally made him so angry,talking about abortion,he never talked to me again.oww!!

But at one time in the past,he said this story was true;the doctors said cousin was so sick,a bad heart,they could not fix,he had a short time to live.(cue xrays ect.)My cousin was at home,watching tv,and he watched this evangelist.The evangelist went around the USA helping people to et well.My cousin kept watching,and since he's pretty Christian,he suddenly had a great light ray,strike his body,It was a feeling that he was well. He had believed the preacher,and believed in God--and it happened.He went back to same doctors,they examined him,did new tests(X-rays, cardiogram?)ect. His heart was very well;the docs were really upset,they couldn't believe it.VERY UPSET!!they had PROOF HIS HEART WOULD DIE.(??!!!)all the tests!!Doctors don't really believe in things outside of medicine.--flabbergasted!!"must be a mistake".no mistake his bad heart was completely healed up.

+4

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 That's an amazing story!

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@bondojoe yeah, he probably had it happen.Perhaps!.I've seen other things,like: people who were very mentally ill,like "psychotic,schizophrenic",everyone says,it cannot be fixed.But we knew a girl,who had even gotten a good job with the city,who had been schizophrenic.She got "a spontaneous remission"(not sure if that's the right title.)--from the schizophrenia.She got better!!She got so well,she did get a job,with the city,and it was permanent,the change.She did have other behavior problems,a problem with alcohol.--and a few others.But they were far less workable than being psychotic--well,schizophrenic--have to take meds for it--she had been very far gone.SHE GOT MUCH BETTER!THAT KIND OF MENTAL ILLNESS isn't supposed to have a "remission."But we saw it happen. (also, people can get WORSE,and kill themselves.that happened too.That was very sad.WHY he got worse,and she got better,I have no idea.If I were one of the shrinks,I'd be very confused.--Maybe they're used to seeing people get well too.THIS is sure a true story!!but--i have gained a lot of weight.I NEED A MIRACLE!! HAH HAH!!I can't get rid of it!!!haeeeee--usually i;m good at diets,not now!!! smiley smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe Faith is one of the strongest and cherished from Jesus! smiley

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 The reason I believe my cousin,is that he's always a logical person.BUT-he is a very much believer in God.So I tend to believe him,cause I've seen such strange things,I believe it could have happened.(Im sorry I had argued with him,about abortion.sh*t.I don't think he'll forgive me for that!!) smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Years ago after Church(I was quite young) some of us were talking with our Minister and were listening to different stories about miracles. The one our Minister told us I never forgot. He was driving very late(as he traveled to places at times) and it was very foggy and raining he was having a hard time seeing but he wasn't far from where he had to go. He ended up having to swerve for a short time(sorry can't remember why-this was a long time ago I heard this). The next day taking the same road in opposite direction he saw were he swerved and drove for a short period but there was no road because it was a complete drop off. He said it gave him chills and believed it was a miracle he was still alive!
**I love hearing about stuff like that-Miracles! smiley

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

Now, this is a story, all about how my life got flipped, turned upside-down, and I'd like to take a minute, so just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air.
In West Philadelphia, born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Chilling out, maxin', relaxin' all cool, and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school. When a couple of guys, who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mum got scared, She said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!"

I begged and pleaded with her day after day, but she packed my suit case and sent me on my way. She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket. I put my Walkman on and said, "I might as well kick it".

First class, yo this is bad, drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass. Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like? Hmm, this might be alright.
But wait, I hear they're prissy, bourgeois, all that. Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat? I don't think so, I'll see when I get there. I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air
Read more

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,053 reviews • 122,543 films • 18,492 TV series