This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,716 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

The Shape of Water (1104 views, 3 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(6y)

<br> <br> So this short came out in 2015. There is some controversy because it looks like Guillermo del Toro totally ripped this off to make The Shape of Water which was released not long ago. I've actually read elsewhere how del Toro bought the option to the story after hearing it from a guy who says the idea was his and he'd been working on it since he was a kid. He turned it into a book. I'm not sure when the book was released. Guillermo del Toro has never acknowledged the existence of The Space Between Us let alone given it any credit. Which is odd considering it was made 3 years prior to his movie and is so very very similar. So watch this, it's 13 minutes long, and tell me if you think he ripped it off. smiley

+2

God
Report comment
(6y)

very interesting smiley

skilled
Report comment
(6y)

Interesting

guru
Report comment
(6y)

There's an update. He apparently is a pretty cool guy and sat down with the Netherlands Film Academy to talk about it. www.cinemablend.com/news/2300871/no-the-... <br> <br> For us lazy people that might not want to read a whole article this is the quote the film academy gave. <br> <br> "The Netherlands Film Academy believes that both The Shape of Water and our short, The Space Between Us, have their own very different identities. They have separate timelines of development and are not in any conceivable way interlinked or related."

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,716 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series