This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,718 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

Rate movies then post a review (6399 views, 53 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

If you do this - you will see your rating inside the review. I see some users rate movies like 1/10, then post in reviews 6/10 etc.

+14

God
Report comment
(4y)

I've believed for a long time, that people rate films via the (you can't enjoy the film when half of it is dark with poor audio) quality i.e. early cam.
People might be giving a higher rating in there comments after watching a 2nd time via a better recording.

+7

God
Report comment
(4y)

I've always used the stars even before I was sure if it stored it somewhere. I love the feature! Thanks doc as always you rock
Teeny💋

+7

admin
Report comment
(4y)

Also we are going to update our rating system, so you may change your rating anytime.

+15

Hide 15 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil That sounds pretty good.

+4

@Dr.Evil That's awesome because sometimes my fat fingers press too far over and I end up rating higher or lower than I intended so at least I can can change it when that happens. 😉

+14

Report comment
(4y)

@◦•●◉✿♡Momof3αηgєℓѕ♡✿◉●•◦ Same here with the fat fingers. Also, accidental rating when I'm scrolling on my phone. 😳 Very happy for this new function. smiley

+5

@delamitri Oh yes!! I've been there done that many times before too. 🤫🤫

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@◦•●◉✿♡Momof3αηgєℓѕ♡✿◉●•◦ Lol, same here, but not because of my sausage fingers smiley

Most of the time I use the PS4 Internet browser, with controller of course.
And have to zoom in once or twice to be able to read anything on screen.

And I'm not always in total control of my controller smiley

+4

@LiliLawless Oh yeah, those are the worst. I get so aggravated. 😂😂

Report comment
(4y)

@◦•●◉✿♡Momof3αηgєℓѕ♡✿◉●•◦ Funniness enough, it makes me yell at the screen, not the controller smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Can you not already do that?

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Awesome! Good to know... sometimes I hit the wrong one, or like PV said, a better recording is available.

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil I try and rate a movie get this sw.js
self.addEventListener('install', function(e) {
e.waitUntil(
caches.open('twomovies-main').then(funct ion(cache) {
return cache.addAll([
//'/',
//'/main',
'/tags',
]);
})
);
});

self.addEventListener('fetch' , function(e) {

//return false;

//console.log(e.request.url);
//console.log(self.location.origin);
//caches.delete('twomovies-main');

if (e.request.url.startsWith(self.location. origin)) {
//console.log("matched url")
e.respondWith(
caches.match(e.request).then(function (response) {
//return response || fetch(e.request);
return fetch(e.request);
})
Read more

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil whut is dis sw.js self.addEventListener('install', function(e) {
e.waitUntil(
caches.open('twomovies-main').then(funct ion(cache) {
return cache.addAll([
//'/',
//'/main',
'/tags',
]);
})
);
});

self.addEventListener('fetch' , function(e) {

//return false;

//console.log(e.request.url);
//console.log(self.location.origin);
//caches.delete('twomovies-main');

if (e.request.url.startsWith(self.location. origin)) {
//console.log("matched url")
e.respondWith(
caches.match(e.request).then(function (response) {
//return response || fetch(e.request);
return fetch(e.request);
})
);
} else {
Read more

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil why iz goes to sw,js when I try click thing?

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil SW,js?????????????:

admin
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Rating system is fixed. Now you may re-rate any wrongly rated movie/show. Also it's vastly improved to stop rating manipulation. So if haven't started rating movies - it's time to start. We need more ratings to help our users. Also please leave your reviews, it also helps users to make a decision - to watch or skip movie.

+8

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

Really digging that the scoring is now included automatically in the review box!

What about allowing us to change the order of the reviews? Most recent/Most Useful (top voted) or Lowest rated/highest rated

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Yes, I think it will be great. Sorting will be added later.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

I am loving the new rating display in the review box. Great work.

I have two suggestions ...

1. I would love to go back and put a proper rating on my previous reviews as I haven't always done it in the past. WOuld it be possible to display ALL the comments (the history of comments) I have posted?

Maybe in the comments link on the wall there could be an option to show more than the last 10 comments?

2. I have noticed in the FEED link that the new rating doesn't appear , nor does it appear there in the comments.

Perhaps the RATING entry is not necessary now and just have the COMMENT entry with the new rating system included?

Thank you.

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. Thank you :)

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil (can someone please tell me where to get the area,to start a new subject on the forum??Im sorry my brain is getting shocked too much lately.--all memory flying out)

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 I'll send you a message.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ thank you,.hon.

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Accurate and personal reviews/comments pertaining to the film or show have always been important to me as a viewer.

Simply seeing "Good" or "good film" or "Two thumbs" and the like, tell me relatively nothing about the media I would like to watch.

Also, comments about CAM copies and their clarity (in terms of video/audio) are not relevant long term.

Rate the film/show, comment on at least ONE SPECIFIC aspect of the film or series, and that really helps other members or people simply stopping by the site who've not yet registered, to sign up, comment and participate in the site, thus keeping the site feasible.

Ultimately, this site will have nothing to do with the news, so arguments will be removed. They aren't helpful to the context of a "Review".

Reviews/Comments should keep informing someone who's not seen it what it is about on any level than is more expansive than "Good" or "Bad".

+3

master
Report comment
(4y)

Is there a thread/section for reporting spoilers?

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@YKJack You use the report function on the post.

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

I don't know how to do it. It gives a notice to go to the movie page and rate it first. When I click on that it just takes me back to the top of the screen I was on.

What's so wrong with typing in a rating manually anyway?

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@michael59 Use stars to rate. It's so obvious.

+1

Report comment
(4y)
+1

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@michael59 To answer your question, manually rating a film is inefficient and useless.

Doing so does not help other members in seeing an authentic group of ratings.

The star rating goes into a database that is then a true reflection of overall members' ratings.

Manually rating means nothing in terms of this advanced type of programming and data collection.

This screen shot should assist you:

Slide your mouse's cursor along the stars (found at the top of EVERY movie) and you will see it being calculated from 1-10.

The redirect was taking you to the correct place. It's just so simple it fooled you. smiley

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ You're right that is too simple. lol I thought those were permanent rating stars. I did not know they were clickable.

Thank you. :)

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@michael59 No worries.

I find the same thing happens to me in such situations where I over-complicate the obvious. smiley

+1

guru
Report comment
(4y)

i have only recently started using the stars , i noticed it said ,..
ok i am a bit slow smiley smiley
this place keeps going from stremght to strength , DAM lucky i found it
so Thankyou

+2

admin
Report comment
(4y)

I've seen users who rate movies based on links quality, putting 1/10 just because links are not watchable. Are you ok there?

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Useless.

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

Slaughter .... Good title, it fits this movie well ... This is a fun movie, full of twists and misdirections, characters (though very pretty) can be utterly vicious ... they show you a brother, a fanatical x, innocent younger brother, misterious father ... all good characters, you just don't know when you'll see them again and how important their roles are ... then ending was really unexpected .... all in all a good flick to kill time with and if you give yourself a chance, one you'll really enjoy ... until next time ...

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@imwillieben LOL not to review it here. smiley

...on the url TM page, please. smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(4y)

FOR SOME REASON I AM BLOCKED TO SEEING MOST OF THE TRAILERS PUT ON HERE.i GUESS THAT LETS ME KNOW WHAT TO DO,i am clearing out,so i give up on this site,you have to find someone else to block.--I fgot blockewd out completwely!!GOOD BYE TO EVERYONE!!BYE!!!

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@clarachan1355 No need to give up just yet Clara.

It is ridiculous that Public Service Information on a movie site should be subject to playground blocking tactics from the infantile section of the community.

Perhaps we should set up a creche for that member who needs so much attention that she posts 8 trailers knowing full well that these posts are not available to some.

Such childish behaviour is unbecoming to any sane thinking adult.

STOP THE BLOCK on the Forum now that religion and politics have been sent to the other side.

+3

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@clarachan1355 No no no don’t go. Oh my, that is not right. It’s quite cruel that you can see a post, but at the same time not see the post, because a very prolific poster of otherwise public postings has you blocked. smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(4y)

ok ditzy i can't really leave, i'll just stop trying to look at trailers smiley smiley .(I have enough trouble that the one Susan Hayward movie i wanted, "Back Street" we don't have.--only that one.youtube does not have it,nor does google or duck/I bet TMC has a hold of it,and will never let go/they're not good about telling you when.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@clarachan1355 Momof3angels posts loads of trailers, too, Clara.

Take heart.

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

REVIEWS are for those who have watched the movie/film.

They aren't for comments such as:

"I'm going to watch this later..."

"Anyone seen this yet?"

"I watched the trailer and will pass."

"The art work is stupid, pass."

"What's a good link?"

ETC.

Any comments that are not reviews on having actually WATCHED the movie/film will be removed for obvious reasons.

smiley

+2

admin
Report comment
(4y)

Dear users, thanks for posting great reviews. TwoMovies is much better now.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

a sh*t hot movie when you want to relax after been up for a couple of days ! it just brings you a sence of peace and inner calm and all good feeling

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@lauriesonic The "reviews" should be posted on the movies page, not here.

Thanks.

Report comment
(4y)

@lauriesonic romanian spammer

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Thanks, Doc. I thought that might be the case.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

im not a spammer im just new to this im used to the piratbay utorrent . thank you

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,718 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series