This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,733 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

How to Make Ghee | Home Made Ghee | Ghee Recipe | Clarified Butter | How to Make Clarified Butter (1032 views, 2 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(3y)

Have you ever tried to make Ghee at home and burnt it? Or it just didn't come out right? Me too!! But under the guidance of my mother, I've learnt the tricks of making really delicious ghee at home! And I'll share them with you in this video.

There are certain things you need to look for while the ghee is cooking. And there are other tricks too! So don't buy ready-made ghee any more. Get your butter (salted or unsalted) and watch this video.

How to Make Clarified Butter! (Great on Seafood, Steaks, even Popcorn)

Put 1 lb. of butter in a sauce pan and set on medium heat
once it starts to boil reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes
removing the foam from the top as it appears.
Then pout it into a glass container and let set for 20 minutes.
You can now see the clarified butter on top and the milk
solids on the bottom. Pour off gently leaving the solids
Read more

God
Report comment
(3y)

The first time i saw the method for making Ghee at home was on this lady's site (so i thought i would have to give it a try).
downshiftology.com/recipes/how-t...

She has loads of healthy/tasty recipes on her site to suit all.

The way i did it, was to put 2 x 250 gr blocks of salted (grass fed) butter into a saucepan and then simmer on a low (from start to finish) heat for about 25 mins. I did have to take it off the heat 3 times, because it was spitting (had to put the lid half on) a lot, the reason that happened will be because the liquid was to deep, next time i will use a slightly bigger pan.

I only stirred the top a little, at about half way through and near the end i started removing the whey from the top, of which i filtered through a coffee paper, so not to waste any of the Ghee.

After it was done, i let it cool down just a little and then filtered in to jars (used up coconut oil ones).

These of the filter papers i used.

Read more

+2

Hide 1 reply...
This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,733 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series