This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,735 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

How To Remove Lable Glue or Sticker Glue From A Glass Jar | Easiest Way to Remove Labels From Jars (522 views, 59 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(1y)

Works and does not take that long.
There was just a " tiny " bit of stickiness left on the side of the jars.

These jars are very handy for storing stuff, come in 2 sizes.

+2

master
Report comment
(1y)

smiley
smiley smiley smiley

skilled
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Nah, that's not the 'easy' way. The easy way is acetone (nail polish remover).
Acetone strips just about any glue, no residue, no scrubbing, instant removal, try it.

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@WAGB283 And what does it smell like?

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@WAGB283 never have nailpolish home smiley

+1

skilled
Report comment
(1y)

It smells like nail polish remover, but it evaporates faster than alcohol (don't smoke while using it...). I've used it (straight acetone) for years in finishing and woodworking, great for getting rid of all traces of glue. I buy gallon cans at the local hardware store.

+1

master
Report comment
(1y)

loved the coffee jars, but what unnessecary work n cost
i fill the jar with hot water then sink it in a bowl of dishwash liquid n VERY hot water
i use YES (fairy?) and then when cooled a bit lift up n use sponge takes maybe 20 min

i loved these small capers jars to use for a magnetic spice rack

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@🌞Suisen🌞 EXACTLY.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

There is an easier way. Soak the jar in warm water so the paper goes soft and peels easily, then a quick scrub one of these to remove the glue. It literally takes seconds and leaves no trace of the glue residue. No chemicals needed.

+3

Hide 24 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM Isnt it even easier to just buy a few of these instead?

Besides....there are some labels that are just too precious to remove. Case in point:

smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd Swamp Ass by Candle Daddy. smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak They are ideal presents.... smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd I see the FART selection is "hand poured" in Indiana. smiley smiley

What a visual. smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Yes....I was wondering how that works. Fart in the wax and then hand pour it into the jar? Pity Don is not here to help with that visual smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd Yes there are some labels that are just too good to remove. Jokes aside, I have experimented with every suggestion and many more that have been put forward here and none of them come close to my method.

Here are some more that I wouldn't remove either smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@SimonM I think these would pair nicely. smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Nice! smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak The first one......I want it, I NEED IT smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak That first one lol.

Report comment
(1y)

@PureVodka🍺 It's kinda scary that it's made by The Maliciouswomen Company smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM The Unicorn Poop is by far the best.....followed by a close second Batman Poop smiley smiley smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd The Batman poop is my favourite smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd Are you sure??

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak I remember that incident. It was a source of endless laughter for quite some time smiley (still is)

+2

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@JudgeDredd I thought Candle Daddy was worthy of another look. And I found this: smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD "Jingle my Balls" smiley smiley

I will never think of Jingle Bells the same way again smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd Excellent! Do you want me to visualize that for you? smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD No no no, its ok. I am good.

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@JudgeDredd I've reused a lot of those coffee jars (mostly the small ones), the 2 big ones i cleaned up the other day, would cost about £1-50p - £2 for something similar (they are fairly heavy) for storage from a shop.

I'm half way through (going to finish tomorrow) making a big batch of sauerkraut, but i'm flavoring some of it, so needed a couple of extra small jars (the big coffee ones).
Also i bought this 2 liter jar the other day for the sauerkraut and i have one other big jar that looks like it will hold about 2 liter.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@PureVodka🍺 Why are you adding flour to sauerkraut?

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Just editing that> flavoring

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@PureVodka🍺 The above jar they put has the 2 liter one, is the wrong size, the one i got looks like this one.

+1

master
Report comment
(1y)

I use furniture polish, spray, leave for a bit and peel or scrape off, I use the big coffee jars for a vase lol.

+1

God
Report comment
(1y)

Thanks for the tips. smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

This deserves its own special entry:

"This Smells Like My Vagina" candle $75

Or

"This Smells Like My Penis" candle $100

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DontSpeak Well....we know the ownership of the exploding vagina candle. Gwyneth Paltrow. But who is the owner of the penis candle?

And more importantly......who is the owner of the butthole candle? Oh wait....It says its Ethan Klein. And just to put a picture to the name.......:

Enjoy smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd I figured as much.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

And finally:

$90.75

Reminds me of the saying "A Fool and His Money are Soon Parted". smiley smiley

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
+1

Report comment
(1y)

@🌞Suisen🌞 Yeah, I don't want any of those nasty candles! smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak ok ill be ok with getting IKEA scent candles smiley

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DontSpeak The title needs some work. I suggest: "This smells like my butthole after the explosion of the vagina candle" smiley

+2

top expert
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Commenting on the original topic of the thread, WD40 works a treat. "Amazingly enough" it smells like WD40 & you have to wash the the jar after.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@Isadora…🔔📖🕯 Yes i saw a vid title on YouTube talk about using that (not something you would want to do in the house tho).

Thanks for sharing. smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

As i said above, i flavored some of the sauerkraut i made up (a month back now), when
trying to find out on the net ideas for flavoring with just " one " thing, i did not
have much luck, garlic was one of the flavors i did and clove was another.

When it comes to the clove i was worried if it would kill the bacteria in the sauerkraut.

Anti-Microbial Properties
Cloves have antimicrobial agents that reduce the development of bacteria-like microorganisms.
From here:
11 Health Benefits of Cloves
www.breathewellbeing.in/blog/11-...

I put 10 roughly crushed cloves with 200 gram of cabbage (sauerkraut) and after 29 days
i have just tried it, it has a sauerkraut taste, which is maybe a little weaker then the other plain one, but i'm not sure, because a lot of the clove has dissolved into the cabbage, the cabbage has turned a little rusty brown and it has a strong clove taste, i am
surprised of that (i did not know what to expect).
Read more

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@PureVodka🍺 Why didn't you use juniper berries? Or sliced turmeric? Both of those are much more suited to fermented kraut than cloves.

Cloves are well known to discolour foods, which is why they are only very used sparingly.

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak I used clove (which i had at hand) for there benefits and i am new to this.

"Cloves are well known to discolour foods"* I don't care about the color and turmeric is also used as a dye.

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@PureVodka🍺 You said you wanted it for the health benefits.

Turmeric has been used for it's health benefits, the dye properties are secondary.

Juniper, Turmeric, and Garlic are all known for health benefits and are traditional for Kraut.

Clove stains, but not the way turmeric does. As you noted it looked like rust. Turmeric root is already deep yellow, the stain is well known, so not unexpected, like you noted with clove.

If you're new to it, I'm wondering why you don't look up facts in cooking with it? You would have found that clove is only recommended in very small amounts as it is incredibly pungent and the stain is not desirable for foods.

You tend to be really defensive when it comes to being asked questions.

I don't need to be quoted, I know what I wrote, and it's correct. I've been making raw sauerkraut for decades.
Read more

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DontSpeak As i have said before, try replying in your own words are don't bother.

And has for quoting, i am quoting for YOUR benefit not your friends (one min you wright a post, after i reply, you post someone else's comment to my reply).

"I'm wondering why you don't look up facts in cooking with it?" What did i post in the original post about clove? Is your friend ignorant?

"You tend to be really defensive when it comes to being asked questions." It may seem that way to you @DS but when you reply to me " in your own words ", it is always like you have only read half of my post.

"You would have found that clove is only recommended in very small amounts"

Maybe trying doing the math's first:
10 cloves divided into 200 gram cabbage + the added water = about

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@PureVodka🍺 Part of the message would not post.

master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Blow Torch... smiley end of story. smiley

+2

master
Report comment
(1y)

tsk tsk, why you using money n poison? a little drop of yes/fairy never killed nobody
will give to tummy rumble tho....and that thing that follows, unless good cleaning smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,735 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series