This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,917 reviews
122,494 films • 18,490 TV series

Hide News feature. (990 views, 26 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

Is it possible we could have a hide news feature with a green/red flashing dot when new News stories or added? smiley

+6

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I'm confused, I see a hide news button??!! Oh nevermind, I see it was just added. Man your fast DR.Evil

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Hide it, or relocate it. I like the chat box at the top of the column the way it used to be.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater You can hide/show the chat box now. I like how the News is showing at the top, but it needs a hide/show News feature like chat IMHO.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

kill the news as everyone has their own news source and this is a film channel. actually getting tired of "news" altogether

+7

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I agree. This is a film site. The news, any of it, it actually showing that it creates too much negative drama, on any level. <br>

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Thank you. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ To many people that have said they don't like the news section, use it not again.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Well pointed out. smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@ When it comes to the drama, it is for (lefties) from one sided. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Well, getting along is a challenge at times as we are from all over the world. So setting aside the things of the world and enjoying our celluloid indulgences and just having a bit of craic is why I'm here. Hope all is well with you, PV. :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ I also agree

+2

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Added 'show/hide' functionality for some blocks in the sidebar! <br> <br> If you need to hide more blocks - please ask which blocks you want to hide.

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil That's great, is there a chance of there being a little dot that flashes (like the one on or Avatars) when " new " News stories or added. Next to hide news/show news. Thanks smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Thank you for listening to user feedback ;) much appreciated!

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I'll second that, Thank You

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

Can the " Latest World news: " section have a scroll option added to it, so we can check the last 30+ added news (titles) stories without having to go into the news section. <br> If possible of course, thanks. smiley smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Could we please have " Science " added to the news categories? Thanks. smiley

+1

Hide 2 replies...

God
Report comment
(5y)

Can we have:
Science and Food added to the news section please, thanks.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Can we have " Trump " and " Tommy " added to the news section please.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Who is Tommy?

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. It's probably a reference to the racist, English thug Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. A handful of people think he's some kind of hero, but the majority of those who've heard of him actually think he's an utter tosser and a bully who ignores the law, then whines and cries when he gets rightly punished for doing so.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Tommy is a journalist, that tells the world what really is going. Most (normal) people like him.
( NEW) TOMMY ROBINSON HELP DAISY GET HER WHEELCHAIR 31/10/2018

BREAKING TOMMY ROBINSON APPEAL SMASHED DAISY IS GETTING HER WHEELCHAIR THANKS TO YOU 01/11/2018 www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqlqy21Y...

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Thanks for the info PureVodka🍺 . I remember a similar proposal was put forward by "chaseyerself" about a month ago on this very forum and we got into a right barney over it.

dosmovies.com/forum/thread/news-section-....

I think you might even have contributed to the discussion. Sorry but my opinion has not changed. If you start out on that course then you will have to have a news section for all the newsmakers in the world and although Mr. Trump is in the news a lot, it doesn't necessarily mean he is there for the right reasons. The same way that I would not agree with a special section for Putin, Mrs. May nor even for Nicolás Maduro or Pope Francis.

And why not have individual sections for those who are in the news for their abilities ie., Messi, Ronaldo, Barcelona, Manchester City, Liverpool, Bolt ... the list goes on and on and on. Or maybe for the para-athletes?

You would have to put sections for each political view, enviromental view, sporting view, religious view (with all the pertinent personalities involved). We are talking tens of thousands of special sections for people who are much more special than Trump. I hadn't heard of TOMMY ROBINSON before this but from the video he sounds like a Jimmy Saville figure - doing good and videoing it and publishing it and making sure that everyone knows about it.
Read more

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,917 reviews • 122,494 films • 18,490 TV series