This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,379 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Groups on TwoMovies? (4115 views, 58 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(11y)

What do you think about creating groups on twomovies? Users can create groups, and invite friends, other users. Users can add images or videos, text, links.

For example. Twilight lovers, Cats, Funny Images etc.

We want to know your opinion.

+4

Hide 12 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I know this thread is 5 years old but maybe make a new one to see what members think in 2018.

Personally, I love the idea of Groups for several reasons. One reason being since this is a Social site and not just to watch movies/shows - Groups are a great way to get members to know each other and interact. There are endless topics for Groups as well.

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE :) make a new thread about it ?

Thank you ;)

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil na 👎 sites perfectly fine the way it is

+6

@chaseyerself smiley I totally agree, and Hi! :)

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Agree Mousie. There's a reason not to segregate us further. We're a community!!

+7

@ Yes segregation is not the answer!

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Never trust "comments hidden" I don't know what they say and I don't care. I suspect they have multiple profiles and write anything contrary that they possibly can. Thanks Mousie!

+3

@ smiley Yeah well I'm thinking "they" have a reason to hide.....

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Cowards and liars and bullies. The whole lot! We had a community, it wasn't perfect, but these defunct PW rejects (not all PW are defunct rejects by the way) are bullies who seek to disrupt and divide a happy community. They need to leave!

+3

@ Yep I have to say most are great people, some not so much....

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 We have a fabulous and diverse community here. There's no reason for division.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil It seems like the majority is wanting GROUPS :) Please Dr.Evil can we have them in the near future? I know it's a lot of coding but I am sure Groups will reduce a lot of the complaining and "other" issues that have been going on lately. I have so many ideas for groups and members who will join. Also, all the quiet members we don't hear from that don't post or comment will love this as well. groups with privacy settings and all that... like they have on other sites... and facebook too :D Thanks in advance!

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Doc, my biggest concern is who would approve or disapprove of who can and cannot join a group if they want to?

It seems that creating g these groups gives tremendous potential toward making the TOS convuted.

If so many members really want those type of segregated groups there is Facebook.

Also, I don't see a lot of yes votes for this group idea, but I certainly don't see everything.

As far as 3 way chat, why not just enable that on the PM feature for each member?

Tbat way it is private and no risk of people feeling "excluded".

I don't want to see more division here.

These groups are just another probable use of division and exclusion based on personal bias.

Just my thoughts. :)

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(11y)

Its a no from me, I don't really see the point in having groups.

+7

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@ATouchOfClass I agree

+2

top expert
Report comment
(11y)

who is 'we'?

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@#NotInMyName Yes, who is "we"?

+2

Report comment
(11y)

Might be an interesting way to band people with similar interests together for more social exchanges. Personally, it doesn't matter much to me because I usually know what I want to see or view.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(11y)

@fb115 Thanks!

Report comment
(11y)

I think it is an excellent idea, then we can organize the movies into different groups of interests...like supernatural or spiritual groups, and those interested in crime and criminal psychology and not just horror in another category etc... and people can create jesus groups, and groups for gays, and categorize the movies in that groups, and people can talk about it and how it affects their lives.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(11y)

@KristiKat Yes, that's what we want to do. Thanks.

top expert
Report comment
(11y)

truthers group yayyyyyy! smiley

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(11y)

@#NotInMyName Forum pics uploading works! Test!

+1

Report comment
(11y)

@Dr.Evil ...it does not work.

Report comment
(11y)

@KristiKat maybe it worked for a while but then it broke again.

top expert
Report comment
(11y)

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(11y)

@#NotInMyName Testing? smiley <br>

top expert
Report comment
(11y)

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(11y)

@#NotInMyName ...on youtube you get vampires who are vegetarians....and they call people nazis who don't believe they are vampires, wth? lol

Report comment
(11y)

@KristiKat Lol that's fb.

top expert
Report comment
(11y)

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(11y)

@#NotInMyName ...okay so every one of them is a reptile, while only some choose not to sell their souls? mmm, interesting theory, did you watch the abraham LINCOLN movie, it is a must if you are interested in conspiracy theories, you will spot the underlining conspiracy themes easily.

Report comment
(11y)

@KristiKat ...the lincoln movie referred to the vampire one, of him being a supposed vampire hunter.

top expert
Report comment
(11y)

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(11y)

@#NotInMyName I thought that was just a rumor, to make people believe in conspiracy bul..lshixt, so that they can't function normally in life being sucked into it.........

top expert
Report comment
(11y)

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(11y)

@#NotInMyName ...are all aliens reptiles? 0_O

Report comment
(11y)

@KristiKat No. Many sentient beings, many races.

top expert
Report comment
(11y)

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(11y)

@#NotInMyName There goes the temple....lolol

top expert
Report comment
(11y)

+1

Report comment
(11y)

link box don't work for inserting picture links from other sites... was it over used last night?smiley

God
Report comment
(5y)

I love it. :)

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@ I changed my mind. It will create more segregation. We have groups. We are fine the way we are.

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

I LOVE that idea Dr. Evil! Maybe that will cut down on all this business with unwanted friend requests for people having problems with that.
I know what groups I would start:

Horror Fans Group
Handmaid's Tale Group
Love it, please do it, and thank you for being so majorly Awesome! smiley

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 No, it won't. People who are manipulators will be in all of them and use it by bullying anyone they perceive as smarter. That's how they work: conquer and divide.

+5

God
Report comment
(5y)

By the way, Facebook is propaganda bs and if that's the selling point I will leave this site before that happens. FB is bollocks which is why I don't have an account.

If ye want FB groups flipping go there and leave the rest of us alone!,

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ My husband and i don't have fb accts either. Personally i don't want to be found by a lot of people I went to high school with. I hated High school, bunch of fake, lying and catty b**ches. If i want to see someone one I would rather pick up a phone and call them.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 FB is for self-promotion. You wouldn't believe how many people I know (since I live in small town rural Ireland) that are complete liars and all they care about it the "selfies" of themselves doing make up or charity or both ALL THE FLIPPING TIME. It's a war zone too. I finally just said, that's me done. There's nothing of any interest here. When I was in a crash 18 months ago, everyone had sympathy, but very few did anything practical to help me (like I couldn't even use my left arm for months, etc.)... my point being, Facebook promotes "self" and relies of the use of "exaggeration, smoke and mirrors". It's not real, and I do not want that here, ever.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I really hope that this feature is added and that at least a proper fair vote among your members is taken somehow. Also, the chatbox for private convos with friends or "Group Chats" would be awesome. thanks in advance :)

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Both features are really complex and really hard to make right.

God
Report comment
(5y)

EDITED FOR MISSPELLING ON MY PHONE

Dr Evil my biggest concern is who would approve or disapprove of who can and cannot join a group if they want to?

It seems that creating these groups gives tremendous potential toward making the TOS convoluted at the very least.

If so many members really want those type of segregated groups there is Facebook.

Also, I don't see a lot of yes votes for this group idea, but I certainly don't see everything.

As far as 3 way chat, why not just enable that on the PM feature for each member? That way it is private and there is no risk of people feeling "excluded" for any reason whatsoever.

I don't want to see more division here.

These groups are just another probable use of division and exclusion based on personal bias. Please don't let that happen.

Thanks for listening.

Just my thoughts. smiley

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ Groups for content creation, not for division... But I think it's enough to have just a forum for it.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Yes, I would agree with just a forum because then there's no accepting or declining of participation and everyone can participate. :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ My idea that any user can just follow any group and see content via feed. No need to wait an acception. Groups must be public. But I think that in future users will start asking about private groups etc. It's a very complex problem.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Brilliant! :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ My first post may be misleading, 5 years ago lol.

For example you created a group called: Cosplay Pictures.

Now you can post pictures, any user who want can also post pics, but moderators can ban from the group.

Users can subscribe to the group and see posts in their feed.

Thats how I see it.

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Please note that I created this thread 5 years ago and the site has changed a lot :)

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Understood and the clarification is greatly appreciated (by me).

Many thanks. :)

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,379 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series