This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,742 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

Legal Experts React to Trump's Interview With Bret Baier on Fox News (495 views, 37 replies)

Report comment
(10mo)

Numerous legal experts said former President Donald Trump's comments during a Monday evening appearance on Fox News could incriminate him, with one saying his defense attorneys "have to be cringing."

Trump, who is seeking another White House bid in 2024, joined Fox News host Bret Baier for a one-on-one interview on Monday during which the former president was grilled about the Department of Justice (DOJ)'s investigation into whether he mishandled classified documents after leaving office in 2021.

Trump pleaded not guilty to 37 charges in the case last week and has accused prosecutors of engaging in a "witch hunt." Trump also said that he was not in possession of military secrets but rather the documents referred to in the indictment were newspaper and magazine clippings.

Trump's interview quickly became a trending topic on social media where numerous legal scholars criticized Trump over his comments during the interview, including his response to an audio recording in which the former president allegedly admitted to having a classified document prepared by the U.S. military.
Read more

+7

Report comment
(10mo)

Oh wow!!! He confessed to obstruction of justice on live TV. His lawyer must be jumping out of the window by now.... smiley

+8

Hide 14 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)

@JudgeDredd smiley you can't post and reply to yourself!
You must think A LOT of us are suckers smiley

+1

Report comment
(10mo)

@CollideDuhScope I am not sure I understand your logic. I didnt post any questions. I posted the article and beneath I offered my personal comment. How does that qualify as a reply?

+5

Report comment
(10mo)

@JudgeDredd Twas just giving you a hard time hence >> smiley smiley

Report comment
(10mo)

@JudgeDredd Remember what Nixon said on 60 minutes that when a man is president he is above the law and not subject to prosecution. I know that wasn't his exact words but very close. I guess Trump is hoping for the same reprieve

+2

Report comment
(10mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 I remember that exchange. I also remember that it didnt end well for Nixon. smiley

+5

Report comment
(10mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 There was a TV doco about Nixon, showed him very friendly with a young Don T.
Maybe Don was the apprentice?

+3

Report comment
(10mo)
+1

Report comment
(10mo)

@JudgeDredd The suggestion that he plead insanity is hilarious. But only because his massively overinflated ego would definitely not allow such a thing.
There is no way he would do that. I honestly think he'd probably rather go to prison than go that route. But... If he did, that would certainly make sure he couldn't run for president, so I'm on board. smiley

+4

Report comment
(10mo)

@⍟LiviaD34D⍟ Quite right. It would have been hilarious but sadly he cant plead insanity. There are specific conditions to be met before the plea of insanity and unfortunately being a moron isnt one of them. smiley

+3

Report comment
(10mo)

@JudgeDredd Yes, being an incompetent idjit with small hands and an unhealthy love of McDonald's doesn't count. smiley

+4

Report comment
(10mo)

@JudgeDredd He did.

+1

Report comment
(10mo)
+1

Report comment
(10mo)
+1

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)

That was a good interview, how come Fox did it better than the others?

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

@Buttless Probably because Fox has practically been blowing him for years, altering some facts, conveniently leaving out others, even outright lying to their viewers. He probably trusted them. The thing is, whether they were trying to make him look good or bad, no one can control that mouth of his, and he screwed himself. smiley

+6

Report comment
(10mo)

@⍟LiviaD34D⍟ He just does not know when to keep quiet.
Jack Smith must be watching and laughing.

+6

Report comment
(10mo)

@Buttless Dumbfuk keeps on dumbfuking and its amazeballs to watch. (He's certainly more entertaining without access to nuclear codes that's for sure.)

Now if we could only make his buddy Putin 'vanish' the world might breathe easier for a damn minute.

+2

Report comment
(10mo)

@(⌐■_■) Yes, he had a strange choice of friends.

+1

God
Report comment
(10mo)

+4

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)

@PureVodka🍺 Incorrect. I hate him because he`s a sociopathic rapist.

+6

Report comment
(10mo)

@Stickmanuk Agreed. And if PV has any doubt, here are some more personal characteristics of his that I dislike immensely -

1. Narcissism: Trump has often displayed a strong sense of self-importance and a need for admiration. He frequently promotes himself and his achievements, even exaggerating or distorting facts to enhance his image.

2. Dishonesty: Trump has faced numerous allegations of dishonesty in public and private life. Fact-checkers have documented numerous false or misleading statements made by him. This pattern of misinformation has contributed to a climate of distrust and confusion.

3. He has made efforts to undermine democratic institutions and norms, thus raising concerns about the erosion of democratic values.

4. Impulsivity: Trump has been described as impulsive, often making decisions or statements without thorough consideration or deliberation, which can lead to potential consequences and controversies.
Read more

+4

Report comment
(10mo)

@PureVodka🍺 I first hated him because he was stupid. Then because he had no knowledge of how a government works or any knowledge of the history of the world. Then because he was a racist and a xenophobe. Then because he was a rapist. Last becaue he put US DEFENSE DOCUMENTS IN HIS BATHROOM. Is that enough yet?

+3

Report comment
(10mo)

@Xanthe199 just barely e'nuff smiley

ROFL smiley

+3

master
Report comment
(10mo)

I thought this was a no politics forum? For certain there will be one hell of a rude awakening for some of us. Which side remains to be seen.

+3

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)

@fortunate1 This is criminal justice news. Not politics

+4

Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

@JudgeDredd That is one fine line you have drawn there. I can stay within it and get some points across. Now that I see it's OK to bash and name call again. Or does that only work if we are tearing up Trump?

+2

Report comment
(10mo)

@fortunate1 The difference is that Trump is not a President anymore, nor the leader of the GoP. The bashing and the name calling is in relation to his private capacity, not his political role (which currently doesnt have one). You wanna retaliate by going after the other side? Don't really much care. But you have to limit yourself to people outside the political arena. People like Hunter Biden for instance, who is also not a politician nor he holds any type of public office.

+4

Report comment
(10mo)
+1

master
Report comment
(10mo)

I have made no secret of my love for Trump. Not being a pessimist, just a realist, the most powerful and cunning government in world history will NOT let this man run for nor win the 2024 election, either will be in a cell, dead, or wearing an ankle bracket with some kind of "New" constitutional law forbidding any president past or present who is under jurisdictional scrutiny, is not nor will be able to run for government office, or they will just shred the whole document altogether. We Do need him in office though but will it happen, these demons will never allow it. I keep praying.

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)

@♱SKY♱ They do not care how they get it they want his head on a platter. Threat to their existence and lives.

+2

Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

@fortunate1 I'm sorry for all the delusional MAGA's... I swear, its heart wrenching. Yes, you are finally right - he's a threat to everyones existence and lives DO matter! smiley smiley

+4

Report comment
(10mo)

@fortunate1 You're definitely right about that last part literally.

+2

Report comment
(10mo)
+4

Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

@(⌐■_■) Exactly what Trump has done with his followers instead of poison it's hate though

+2

master
Report comment
(9mo)
(edited)

Melania is finally speaking in public… and thrilled to still be above ground smiley unlike the ex! smiley

+1

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,742 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series