This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,657 reviews
122,383 films • 18,475 TV series

A Must See Film “American Terror: The Military’s Problem With Extremism In The Ranks” + "VICE News Tonight" (new Episodes every Thurs.) (360 views, 4 replies)

master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

A Must See Film “American Terror: The Military’s Problem With Extremism In The Ranks”

I have never believed that the US military exists to protect and serve POC. Instead, it recruits POC to serve alongside white supremacists. This documentary is really interesting and shows the world how racism is at the foundation of America’s armed forces.

cvltnation.com/a-must-see-film-a...
[House Hearing, 114 Congress]
[From the U.S. Government Publishing Office]
THE RISE OF RADICALIZATION: IS THE U.S. GOVERNMENT FAILING TO COUNTER
INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC TERRORISM?
www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG...

Read more

+7

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

We have a problem, and extremism isn't it.

+2

top expert
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

I was in the service, you wouldn't believe me if I told you how many servicemembers are emigrants seeking citizenship through military service in the USA. I'm not saying there are no members who don't affiliate with extremist views, but it isn't as widespread as the news will have you fear. Furthermore, there is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy in place. To paint my brothers and sisters whom have bled and died for this nation. Whom have worked tirelessly (often 12 to 18 hour days) to ensure our defensive readiness as nothing more than common thugs is appalling. Many MANY of us in service are of ethnic minorities. We are taught from the BEGINING of training that you respect the uniform. It isn't, for us, about the person wearing the uniform. SHAME on you. SHAME on the people peddling such barbaric ideas of our servicemembers. I am DEEPLY proud of my brothers and sisters, REGARDLESS OF THEIR SKIN COLOR.

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2mo)
(edited)

@nonehere This is really a great short documentary. Give it a look.

top expert
Report comment
(1y)

I dont see that as something new. Extremism has infiltrated everywhere. Not just in the Armed Forces but to the security services as well. And it is by no means a problem for the US alone. It exists in the armies of nearly every western country. And it is so prevalent that it no longer reacted to with surprise by both the public and the governments alike.

A couple of years back, we had an extremist organisation that was so popular that it was actually represented in Parliament. Far right Neo-Nazis, who brought previously unseen and unheard of behaviors inside the very halls of the parliament. They were eventually declared as a criminal organisation and all their leaders were arrested for a murder they ordered/aided/concealed. During the eradication of the group, several details of their involvement with the military came to light. Involvement going as deep as having servicemen and officers alike being present at the group's training camps and going as far as to train them and supply them themselves.
Read more

+1

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,657 reviews • 122,383 films • 18,475 TV series