Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,382 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(5y)

For the past couple of days I have have a bizarre 'will it or won't it work?' problem with the simply function of logging in. Although I had made no change to my password, I repeatedly got the message "Wrong token given" when I tried to log in.
Interestingly, when I manually logged in, it worked haphazardly, worked once, then would not work the next time around. When my auto program tried to log me in I got this 'token' message consistently.
Of course I checked the stored password, and it was correct.

Since the problem was intermittent as described above, I attempted to send a request for help. It would not process/submit and said, "Wrong captcha' even though the digits were entered correctly. I then got the annoying "strange activity detected' or whatever that damn screen is, was put through CAPTCHA validation..well it was a circular function for consistently failed attempts.

The first time this happened, I assumed that Dr E was doing something that temporarily affected the login process and just went about my business as guest.
Read more

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Try another browser.

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Are there recommended browsers to use?

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I use Opera and I've never had an issue.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ Thanks, Rav, but I loathe Opera. I suspect this has little to do with the browser, since I tried 3, all came back with same problem initially, but when I changed the PW, I've had no problem with any browser I've used.
Appreciate your suggestion, tho. smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ThomasinaPaine No worries. Maybe it's your computer and some setting or other?

I don't see that it's happened to anyone else?

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Tried three browsers. The original browser I used had not been changed or updated. Had the same response with the other two.

Since I changed my PW, I have had no problem with any of the browsers. Makes no damn sense to me.
OH yeah. VPN suddenly functioning properly again. Go figure.

God
Report comment
(5y)

I have found that on my mobile sometimes the captcha information is missing. I used Firefox there, but when I switch to Opera, no issues.

I use Opera on my desktop and I've never had any issues.

I don't know if it's the browser, or what browser you are using, but I reckon that's it and maybe give Opera a try?

Good luck. :)

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

Wish I liked O but it just annoys me...lol Thx tho!
It could be just some clever butthead who has nothing better to do than annoy people. (Paranoia, you know..heh).

The captcha was there, just kept getting 'wrong captcha' message when I entered it. And I typed very carefully.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@ThomasinaPaine Maybe you've not tried the latest update of Opera? It minimisings your "known" presence on the internet and thwarts any profiling done by adverts, etc. It blocks so many things. I'd never go back to Firefox.

+1

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Opera is great. I can recommend it.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,382 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series