This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,720 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

What's up with not been able to edit or delet your reviews? (799 views, 10 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru

I know you could only edit and delet a review for only a very short time after you posted, which I could never understand. But now you can't even edit a review straight after you have posted it, or delet it. Why?

Spelling and grammar have never been my strong point, sometimes I don't notice my error until after I have posted, or some a*s points it lol. But now you can't even edit it. What if you change your mind about the movie, and the review you make? Nope can't change your mind here.
Sorry... I love this site and very grateful for it, but I think this is a little too controlling. Even YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc and any forum I have ever been on allow for you to edit and delet your own comments, and we all know how restricted and censored some of those websites are. Anyone else feel the same?

master

My comments are perfectly fine, i can do all that.

btw its "Delete". now i'm some a*s pointing it out. lol

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

@❤️cєlєstє🌖mσσn❤️ Thanks b**ch. Had I had the 1 hour to edit, which is now working I would of edited the wrong spelling of delete.

+1

Report comment
(2y)

Because a submitted review becomes part of the comment tree. And if your review attracts a discussion which is effected through the reply button, deleting the parent comment immediately deletes all subordinate comments. And depending on the size of the comment tree, it may bring instability to the system.

As such, if you change your mind about a movie, I would suggest writing a new review discussing the points that made you change your mind. In regards to orthographical mistakes, all I can say is that it happens to the best of us. And unless your mistakes are capable of altering the meaning of your intended message, I wouldnt worry about it much.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@JudgeDredd This is also a reason why we only allow editing/deleting for only 1 hour.

+1

@JudgeDredd Great insight. Thank you.

+1

admin
Report comment
(2y)

It was a temporary problem and has been fixed, you have 1 hour after you submitted a review to edit it or delete it.

If you want to submit a new review for the movie you reviewed before, just submit a new one, and you may report an old one by clicking on "Report comment" and mods will delete it for you.

Hide 2 replies...

@Dr.Evil All good Dr.Evil I have no problem with not been able to delete or edit our review after the hour. I just thought the not been able to edit or delete was a new permanent fixture, rather than a temporary error.

Report comment
(2y)

admin
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

Also if you think that Facebook or Twitter deletes your comments - you are completely wrong, they NEVER delete their data, they only mark posts as deleted but still keep them in their database.

When we delete comments - we delete them from our database.

Hide 1 reply...

@Dr.Evil Ok well I was meaning they allow for you to delete and edit comments. Delete as in no one else can see the comment again. I don't really care if they keep the database or not. But thank you for your response.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,720 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series