This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,640 reviews
122,376 films • 18,475 TV series

Good general cast to TV Android app...? (832 views, 6 replies)

This topic has been closed.

skilled
Report comment
(6y)

Does anyone know of a good general Cast to TV Android app?
I'm dog sitting this week and want to Cast a movie from Two-movies.net to their huge TV!!

Thanks for any help :)

master
Report comment
(6y)

Yeah, I shared one a while ago, and my forum post got deleted and locked. People felt I was advertising.. Facepalm on that one huh admins?! <br> iWebTV. It's what I use. Pretty much the best one out there imho that I've found for streaming to tv from 'smart devices'.

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@Melted~Dreams Thank you :) I'll see what I can accomplished Happy New Year

Report comment
(6y)

@Melted~Dreams If I can't locate it I'll get back to you :)

guru
Report comment
(6y)

I think you can use the Plex app as a stand alone caster on your phone. That would be the best, but its usually used with the the media server on your computer. The media server and the app are free. Oh wait, you should definitely get the Home app on the google play store. It's google Home but just look for Home. Its basically what the official google chromecast app turned into. With it you can mirror your phone screen to chromecast and the chromecast button will pop up on videos. And now i realize you didnt actually say a chromecast was involved. So, if it's a samsung tv and you have a samsung phone you can cast your phone screen to the tv. Start by going through the tv menu and find the option. The Local Cast app i think works with stuff besides chromecast. Plex is best because it automatically transcodes stuff to the correct format for whatever you're watching on. It also works with xboxone and ps4.

skilled
Report comment
(6y)

I'm trying to cast from my smartphone :) Cast from here :) <br> I'm sorry I was away for awhile dog sitting and they had every high tech known to man :) :) ....so I forgot I asked this ..I'm at home now. And I have the Chromecast dongle on my TV ...but it doesn't popup when I'm here...but with your info I'll see if I can get it all working together :) Thank YOU ..Happy New Year

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

Some tvs let you cast to them also without the extra stuff depending on what type of smart device you have. My Insignia Roku lets me but I get Apple so need the apple box to stream straight to the tv without an app. I think it'll accept android, idk no more android here in house. After IOS 11, I sure miss android sometimes, bluetooth can be a b**** on Apple. But some tvs have the built in option, just gotta search the tv's options for the share feature.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,640 reviews • 122,376 films • 18,475 TV series