This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,647 reviews
122,377 films • 18,475 TV series

Deleting episode pages and moving info to TV Show pages (530 views, 12 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(3y)

Hi,

What do you think about this move? Currently we have a dedicated page for each episode. I thought maybe it's better to show all info (descriptions) about episodes on a parent TV Show page? The downside is that we will have comments section only on TV Show pages.

+5

God
Report comment
(3y)

Sounds fine to me doc💋💋💋

admin
Report comment
(3y)

Will you miss commenting on episodes? Or it's ok to leave episode comments on TV Show pages?

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

@Dr.Evil Hi Doc, obviously you do whatever is best for the site, I personally will miss the episode reviews, I find other people's comments really interesting especially on first episodes of new shows as it gives an insight to what the show is about, also, we like to comment on certain eps that stand out, good or bad. Hope my input helps.

+4

Report comment
(3y)

@ijaija Yes this is the main problem

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@Dr.Evil Either way, sometimes I leave review on tv page instead of episode page. I think either way will work 💋

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

I would like to see a page for each series. That could contain a summary of the series and comments. A page for each episode becomes unmanageable for the longer-running shows like GOT.
People can still put in as much detail as they like.
smiley

master
Report comment
(3y)

I would definitely miss the opportunity to comment on every episode

+2

guru
Report comment
(3y)

not a fan

+1

God
Report comment
(3y)

Well we have tv show forum dosmovies.com/forum/topic/Tv-Sho... that can be use smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(3y)

It looks great doc! Thank you so much for all you do!
💋💋💋

top expert
Report comment
(3y)

I am not the biggest fan for another reason. I liked that I had a good summary and overview of all the seasons and episodes before. Some shows have gazillion seasons and episodes and you are trying to find a particular one. Take a show like Saturday Night Live for example, there is a lot of scrolling right now.

How about a setting that let the user choose compact or expanded episode listings or something like that?

And about the comments only being on the shows main page. I made a comment recently on a Lucifer episode that it was great special effects in the last scene for example. Having that comment on the main page of the show wouldn't make sense to anyone.

I like how I can right now get a summary or general review of a show I am considering starting to watch on it's main page. And then discussing certain episodes separately.

My 2 cents

+2

master
Report comment
(3y)

I like how you've got it set up right now. More info on the main page but we still have the episode pages as well. Looks great, Doc. Thank you.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,647 reviews • 122,377 films • 18,475 TV series