This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,720 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

Free movies sites may disappear from Google (5545 views, 79 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(7y)

Hey people. <br> Google has changed its search algorithm recently. A lot of large and old movie sites disappeared from Google's search results (at least from first pages). <br> TwoMovies is not an exception. smiley <br> <br> What should we do? <br> 1) Use alternative search engines like Bing, Yahoo or DuckDuckGo. <br> 2) Bookmark sites you like (TwoMovies smiley ). <br> 3) Actively share movies on FaceBook, Twitter, personal sites etc. smiley

+24

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil Googlge will lose because of this :( but hey this is the moment for other search engines to win :) I already seen it but other new sites with only like 850 movies are on page 1 google. Not a smart step ( booked Twomovies on all my devices 3 years ago) Just can not miss this beautifull best working movie site with Dr.Evil as Admin :) :) :)

+8

Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil That info warents anouther Thanks for the warning. smiley smiley smiley

+7

Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil Thanx for the info! That is why I couldn't pull up this site yesterday, I thought google was broken...lol smiley

+3

Report comment
(7y)

@Teeny💋 Google is broken .... in the worst possible way, it's gone over to the darkside, sold out to the establishment and become the Gatekeeper. Now they are putting pressure on ISPs to do the same. There should always be a place for free streaming sites, they are the new Public Library..

+4

Report comment
(7y)

@saxon901 So true! smiley

+2

Report comment
(7y)

@Teeny💋 Finding it hard to understand how any TwoMovies user would vote down supporting free streaming sites such as this. ....?

Report comment
(7y)

@saxon901 I didn't vote down supporting free streaming sites????? smiley

Report comment
(7y)

@Teeny💋 Not you, whoever minussed you, sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic. R-GC

+1

Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil Definitely good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

+3

Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil its reminiscent of the way you cannot find a down-loader IN GOOGLE PLAY that will download YouTube. the're out there, android YouTube down-loaders, but you can only find them at small independent sites , certainly not anything associated with google-who, incidentally, owns YouTube. can you sway <br> 'big brother?" -if you cant, you had better practice!

Report comment
(7y)

elliot search engine is good. <br> <br> www.elliotsearchengine.org <br> <br> smiley

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(7y)

@daveroblent NO. It uses google search.

+4

Report comment
(7y)

I don't get the same results. Are you sure? <br> <br> If so, do you have one that doesn't use googles algorithm?

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(7y)

@daveroblent Bottom of the page: powered by Google Custom Search

+1

skilled
Report comment
(7y)

I love TWOMOVIES site... I get a lot of classic Scifi and horror films and even some of my favorite Clint Eastwood, Chuck Norris and Billy Drago from here... Google, please keep this awesome movie site in your search criteria.. hugs to all.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(7y)

twomovies still shows up on google search for me first page and first found maybe google uk hasnt updated yet :)

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@chaseyerself Google removed movie pages. Now in top 10 mostly Youtube, Amazon and IMDB stuff where you actually can't watch movies for free. I hate this trend.

+2

Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil but before i logged in i typed twomovies in google search it was the first one that came up on the first

top expert
Report comment
(7y)

This explains a little on why not to use search engines based on "Chrome": www.howtogeek.com/108384/6-alter... <br> I use "DuckDuckGo", it purports not to track you; therefore, I presume there to be less tracking in any case.

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis Yes Google is tracking everything.

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis you are correct about DuckDuckGo!

Report comment
(7y)

@MidniteRider So far I only know what they, themselves claim; hence the use of the words: 'purports' & 'presume' carefully placed in my post. <br> I am very security conscious, even for a computer tech, however, I believe them to be reputable and their claims to be as accurate as possible on the common web. <br> Fyi: never browse the 'dark web' from a windows (Microsoft)-based OS! <br> Hope some o'that helps.

top expert
Report comment
(7y)

...also there are "web bugs" & other such creatures lurking unseen without the correct software to see them, eh... you don't! <br> Just while we're on the subject, FYI, etc.

+1

guru

Two movies comes up in my search bar anyway, <br> <br> What annoys me to no end is half the movies you can find easily on sites like this one aren't even available on paid services and with dvd stores a thing of the past it's the only way to find almost any movie you like. <br> <br> If there was a service where you paid a certain amount a month to watch any and as many movies as you like I'd happily pay for that but such a service doesn't exist. <br> <br> I do pay for bigpond movies on my TV but it's only the blockbusters mostly, and as someone who loves obscure films too it's really useless so for people to complain about sites like this seems rather stupid to me considering there the only places you have such wide variety.

+5

guru
Report comment
(7y)

smiley Twomovies on laptop or on tablet and Phone - Emtec multia-mediaplayer and Ps3 and smart TV... on all my devices I have Twomovies book-marked and in my favourites smiley Always handy as this is my most watched movie site easy to use and a lot of helpfull users and Dr.Evil smiley ...

+2

master
Report comment
(7y)

I use Bing... Screw Google, lols.. smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(7y)

It's part of the Google/Youtube censorship agenda. Only sites and channels that are pre-approved will be shown in search results...

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@MidniteRider it sound paranoid, but your absolutely right! i've been noticing this trend for maybe six months. being a Money grubbing ass must be a requirement for employment at google. Most certainly if we keep quiet and play nice, we'll just loose more and more resources to these corporate asses. Its time to make a fuss !

Report comment
(7y)

@artistdenise I totally agree...Have an Idea on how to create that fuss? If not we can bounce ideas off each other till we find one that sticks,lol! :)

Report comment
(7y)

@MidniteRider Occupy Google; send spys (or however you spell the plural of spy). <br> There are people working on work-arounds, serious people, like engineers and network architects, computer scientist. <br> There is a resistance movement! <br> Anyone interested in helping or learning more about this: just start watching documentaries and do some research on the subject. <br> Sort of like "The Matrix", but you'll have to find a way to contact them... If you think you might be able to help. <br> In the mean time I just try to stay informed about what's happening when in regards to anything that can impact my life et cetera...

top expert
Report comment
(7y)

Thank you so much for the heads up!! Two movies is now my very fav; used to go with 123 movies but so much high jacking of adverts I finally gave up, don't mind the ads so much as the being thrown off and control alt delete being the only thing that gets gets you out, in order to start all over again!! That's with adblocker plus and two others!! I bookmarked Two movies the minute I started to use it, in case they had to change the .com or net or whatever bit. I love this site and for all the years I paid a LOT of money for the priviledge of watching Sky movies sometimes as much as £70 a month I think its about time these sites and the people who love movies and tv series were given a fair go. Kudos to Two Movies and Dr Evil :) xxx

+2

admin
Report comment
(7y)

www.medianama.com/2017/02/223-goo... <br> Google and Bing will filter out illegal pirate sites from search results: report

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil They are filtering more than that,i.e.,what they consider 'fake news'...

God
Report comment
(7y)

Just been looking at some data about this site, it says you get 31.500 visitors a day, that's a lot ;) <br> My username is in this one. smiley smiley <br> <br> Top 30 days - TwoMovies <br> dosmovies.com/movies/top30.... <br> Twomovies is a free online video service that offers large collection of full length movies. ... PureVodka : Bottom S02 E03 dosmovies.com/watch_ep....... 14h.

+1

Hide 14 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@PureVodka🍺 Long as it's not H2SO4. Wodka, on the other hand is much safer -very serious 'bout that last. <br> Ehr, try t'work on my humor a bit, on that first part though shouldn't I?! <br> Long as ya preciate it's not mean'n any disrespect...

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis Never force humor, just let out/flow. smiley <br> <br> Is English your second language if you don't mind mi asking? smiley

Report comment
(7y)

@PureVodka🍺 I don't even mind my mother! I taught English for 7 years & majored in Human Communication, my hobby is languages & linguistics: I'm just have'n fun! <br> Hope you didn't mind. See there was this brilliant chemist, but a chemist he is no more, for what he thought was H2O was H2SO4 (Sulfuric Acid) -odorless & tasteless: not on my bucket list. <br> I was born & raised 60 miles from Manhattan! FYI: Vodka is pronounced Wodka in Russian, the first part of the word 'wod' actually translates as 'water'; it has been drunk like that by some, I know -I'm one.

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis You Know your stuff. smiley <br> What gets me is, how can anyone say it's tasteless if they just burnt they tongue off. smiley

Report comment
(7y)

@PureVodka🍺 Lol. Good point...! <br> Your powers of observation are quite admirable, sir; I have to admit, I actually never thought of that (laughing again). <br> Thank you for the consummation and good sport of it!

+1

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis consummation = the action of making a marriage or relationship complete by having sexual intercourse.smiley

Report comment
(7y)

@PureVodka🍺 Or the agreeable finish to a topic or event...? <br> As in Shakespeare's Hamlet: "Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished" -from his 'To Be or Not to Be' soliloquy.

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis the point at which something is complete or finalized. < yes the other meaning, i had to look that word (consummation) up as my English is below (i'm very thick ) parr, if you're going (and anyone else, which has only happened once before in the 8 months of being a member) to insult me/my English (R something else in my case) please do it in a post for all to see...NOT A PM..., EYE WOUD. <br> Just a lot of what you right (write) i can not understand, so i thought you may not be using a word translator when spelling in English. You could have asked what i meant by this > Is English your second language if you don't mind mi asking? <br> <br> <br>

+1

Report comment
(7y)

@PureVodka🍺 I have the highest respect for you and I will certainly be pleased to accommodate your wishes. <br> BTW: What then did you mean by that last -if you don't mind MY asking...? <br> Moreover, I do believe that you are quite a clever chap & that I stand to learn a lot from you. It's an honor to be your friend. ...And we have SO much fun!

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis After careful thought I must say that I may have been mistaken. It may be that it is odorless & clear (chortling). <br> I will check on that & get back.

Report comment
(7y)

@PureVodka🍺 My bad, "Wikipedia" has it as: "It is a pungent-ethereal, colorless to slightly yellow viscous liquid that is soluble in water at all concentrations." <br> Ah well, I was going on memory which apparently failed me, but there you have it.

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis Regarding the Sulfuric Acid, you spoilt a good joke and reply from you. :( <br> <br> And regurding any other possible jokes, you,hi and other Members could post them here > dosmovies.com/forum/thread/It-was-just-a.... < i would " love " to read some. ;) <br> <br> What you wrought in chat last night > sleep tight don't let the Aliens bite < that gave mi a chuckle this morning lol.

Report comment
(7y)

@PureVodka🍺 Thank you much for that! Right! Well would you like to hear a quick joke? <br> Would you like to hear another one?

Report comment
(7y)

@PureVodka🍺 On 2nd thought, perhaps you need just hold your tongue as the word "sport" can be interpreted contrariwise to my intentions as well; however: touche!

senior guru
Report comment
(7y)

I have been with you a long time. You have much greatness here, all involved. Times are tough for many and 2Movies IMO has been a way for those more unfortunate to watch a movie along with us introverts who cannot stand a movie theater. Of course the corporations want every penny. I often think peeps here should be compensated for their work. I realize the conundrum but certainly some of us could donate. Please check out...... <br> www.brighthub.com/internet/google... <br> Thank you and if its over we had an epic good run.

Report comment
(7y)

Thanks for the heads up! I will be using another search engine from here on out.

Report comment
(7y)

irony indeed just added duckduckgo today lol

senior guru
Report comment
(7y)

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try the duckduckgo.

God
Report comment
(7y)

I'm switching to Yahoo as a search engine.

Report comment
(7y)

Thank you for the warning - switching

Report comment
(7y)

Use alternative search engines and Bookmark sites you like

Report comment
(7y)

Well... I never liked the search engine though.. not as reliable as Bing

Report comment
(7y)

Google is 'not' your friend, never has been, DDG is a reasonable search engine without the tyranny of Google. :)

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(7y)

@BSamedi 100% right

+1

admin
Report comment
(7y)

searchengineland.com/google-searc... <br> Another goood article about Google quality

top expert
Report comment
(7y)

Plus you see, anyone making lots of money like Google, MS, or the likes (he he) of Facebook is bound to want more. And the US and other governments are glad to shell out for the data mining. <br> "Oh behave!"; &...'mums the word'.

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis They aren't having it all their own way, just been notified of a complaint and under investigation for Gender discrimination. Third of workforce female, >21% of females in technology and paying female workers less for same work.-GC

Report comment
(7y)

@saxon901 I agree, that's unfair; good point! <br> Thank God for the good guys! We are managing to at least keep a balance toward more natural positive initiative which I believe is the true value of human existence.

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis Anyone wishing to surf the 'dark web' should use a TOR browser plus a VPN!

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@MidniteRider Absolutely agree! I would also recommend setting up and launching these should consider doing so from a Linux based OS. <br> FYI: "Onion" is another TOR-like browser. <br> Good stuff!

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis Yeah linux is ok for browsing and secure. But not for noobs...

Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil Strongly agree! I would recommend anyone interested should do a fair amount of research. <br> Perhaps start with a history of Linus Tovald, the originator, also, if and when one's ready, to start with one of the newer easy 'distros' such as "Mate", based on the popular "Ubuntu" release at least 20 years earlier. <br> I am using it now with the "Firefox" browser. <br> Bill Gates is just a man, but you are a hero, sir!

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis Linux mint is good and friendly for newbies. Comes with almost everything you need - codecs, players, torrent etc. Also ubuntu. I prefer red hat - Fedora and Centos.

admin
Report comment
(7y)

By the way, dark inrernet is not really interesting. Actualyy it sucks imho.

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil Yeah. It's kinda hard to navigate -last time I was there. <br> I want to learn about more things though. <br> I want to be ready.

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis Ready for what? ;)

Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil I always like to have a plan B, and C even, if I have the time. <br> I believe I will only be able to answer that question completely when I've delved sufficiently into places where tourists dare not tread. <br> Plus I do not believe in the notion that everything there is evil, not mean'n any disrespect! <br> In this age of decreasing civil liberties one must sometimes act, and knowledge is power, also somewhat in the manner of what Thomas Jefferson said about the tree of liberty etc.

top expert
Report comment
(7y)

My goal is to get to red hat after I learn more basics; I'm starting with mint. Re: dark internet, all I really want is a shark with a freaking laser beam attached to its head, is that too much to ask for...? <br> I'm really a good person!

top expert
Report comment
(7y)

Plus, I still need to learn terminal commands (I was just at the Linux Forum); I have a feeling that will be important in more pure Red Hat such as you mentioned.

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis You will be fine with any distro. Fedora/Debian/Ubuntu doesn't matter. Fedora is also very user friendly. A matter of taste.

Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil Thank you! I suppose I misinformed myself. I should like to give it a try soon then. <br> Perhaps I was thinking that it was too much like Unix.

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis Fefora looks like Mac because of Gnome (interface). Really simple but powerful. Actually you can install anything as your interface and switch.

+1

Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil Thanks again; I almost feel like Mini-Me, you're a good mentor!

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

still comes up on first search for me that screen shot i just took just now smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,720 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series