This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,254 reviews
122,251 films • 18,445 TV series

Recommendation for Stream Capture (350 views, 18 replies)

This topic has been closed.

skilled
Report comment
(1y)

G'day all. I am looking for a good free (cause I am cheap ) lololol streaming capture program for sites that I am not able to download directly from. I prefer to download content to be able to watch on my TV at my leisure. I use Video Download Helper which is fantastic but on some sites or certain links here this just doesn't work. I don't have a problem playing the content online so that is not an issue. On this site I am spoiled for choice with numerous links but other sites may only have a single choice. I do have a smart tv but I am not a fan of the mucking about with the browser or navigating with the remote buttons. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Internet Dowload Manager is good, better than VDH. Not free but not expensive.
But some streams just don't want to be DL'd and need Applian to capture the video.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless Thanks for that it is very much appreciated

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Video DownloadHelper as extension for browser. In the site many linkers allow the "download" button in their links, which allows you to download the videos that are linked here. Some of them have dual audios and subs integrated that may be of use. Something that won't trouble you more than finding subs alone, something you'll do in any case. Good luck

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@Nasos I am using VDH as an extension so that is not the issue but thanks for the info

top expert
Report comment
(1y)

a 720p "stream" is NOT the same as a 720p download, quality suffers greatly. why dont you just DL instead?

Hide 13 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Stickmanuk Agreed, but downloading something that claims it is 720 or better that actually isn't, is a big, or bigger waste of time. Plus, there can be issues with DLs that are far greater than that.

Report comment
(1y)

@Stickmanuk I DL as much as I can but as Butless said some streams just can't be down loaded but I wasn't sure if there were programs out there that could get me the streams that I can't DL

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@AgedAussie dont download from streams. there are a million sites where you can download from.

Report comment
(1y)

@Stickmanuk Maybe so but I guess it depends on what you want and where it is available for DL. I have in the past wanted episodes of shows that just can't be downloaded but if you are in a certain country with a TV sub you just can't get it anywhere else

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@AgedAussie We have the same problem. We NEVER stream anything since we like to watch stuff together at our leisure, like you. If we can't download something, forget it. We move on to something that can be downloaded. In a family of about 30 people, I'm usually the one that's been appointed to do all that stuff, but I'm certainly not the most tech-savvy. That would be my dad, husband or sons. As far as "the millions of sites" that have the download option, we haven't found them via search & no one's sharing their lists.

We stopped using Video Download Helper years ago when they started watermarking our content, so we switched to The Best Video Downloader. It works great, but it doesn't work on everything, so we had to hunt down non-browser based software. On sites like Major Geeks, what we found was:
Read more

Report comment
(1y)

@Ennui-Inferno G'day there. Thank you so much for this info. It may take me some time to get through all of your suggestions as I too am not overly tech savvy when it come to this sort of stuff. I have never had watermarks in VDH content though.

Report comment
(1y)

@AgedAussie No problemo.

It's possible that VDH stopped watermarking after widespread complaint, but we've no idea since it's been years since we've looked at it. Really liked it though. In it's day, it was the Gold Standard for sure.

If any of that info helps - kick ass. Happy to help ('‿')

Report comment
(1y)

Report comment
(1y)

@AgedAussie To record the un-dwnloadable streams, I use Applian capture suite, there are several apps for different challenges and the Media Catcher takes the video signal to record whatever is on your screen.
www.applian.com/

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless I like this one the best, too.

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless G'day Thank you for the info. The name rings a bell and I will certainly have a (butchers) aussie slang butchers hook (look) at it

Report comment
(1y)

@AgedAussie That's actually Cockney as well. smiley

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak sure is mate

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,254 reviews • 122,251 films • 18,445 TV series