This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,280 reviews
122,617 films • 18,502 TV series

Doctor Sleep Teaser Trailer #1 (2019) (353 views, 10 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(4y)

+4

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

I wonder do I have to actually watch The Shining to understand this movie. Yes, you read this correctly, I've never seen The Shining.

+2

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@GreedyGrnRabbit Do you understand what happened in the shining?

It's the boy as a grown man after the catastrophic event at the hotel.

If you understand the story of "The Shining", then you could probably get away with not watching it.

If you do want to watch it, watch the mini series from 1997 which is on the site (and true to the book), and not the Kubrick version with Jack Nicholson Wich is not true to the book.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ I prefer the mini-series but it looks like they are using flashbacks from the Kubrick version, probably bc it's more widely known.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks Thanks for that information. : smile:

Maybe he doesn't need to watch The Shining at all?

The flashbacks are probably used for that purpose (for viewers that never saw it), and so it can be a "stand alone" film, too.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ Sorry for not responding to your comment. I responded to GODDESS'S comment since it was the last one that was about mine. Please read my response, it should answer any questions you may have had for me.

Report comment
(4y)

@GreedyGrnRabbit I would recommend watching The Shining with Jack Nicholson first (not the mini series) as I believe it will make this upcoming film just that more interesting since it's based from that.

Plus, it's a classic film you should not miss out on. Hope you enjoy - happy viewing!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@3UN01A I know the basic's of what The Shining is about. Seen snipets and some shows that may have given all the spoilers that would be the background and story plots. Seeing all what I've seen actually made me not want to see it. But this sequel looks interesting.

GreedyGreenRabbit

God

I was just watching this on YouTube. It looks so good!!

+3

God
Report comment
(4y)

It looks good.

God
Report comment
(4y)

I wonder if Nicholson will make an appearance as Jack.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,280 reviews • 122,617 films • 18,502 TV series