This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,213 reviews
122,589 films • 18,497 TV series

Joker Teaser Trailer #1 (2019) (539 views, 7 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

Looking forward to this. smiley

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

I loved Heath Ledger as The Joker, and it looks like Joaquin Phoenix took a few pages from his book, and then intensified the crazy.

This looks awesome!

Thanks, PV. :)

+2

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

This will be the second best Joker portrayed in movies. Unfortunately Jared Leto was the worst in history.

God
Report comment
(5y)

This looks watchable.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

while it's interesting that other stand-alone DC comic films may be forthcoming, i can already see how this might have been a good independent film [story] itself; without the association to that other universe and its trappings. Joaquin is a good enough actor without those, so i'm still looking forward to the results.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

OOUU YAS!!

I can't wait for this although Heath Ledger will always be my favourite Joker!

Thanks for sharing PV! smiley

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

This is one of those movies that will do well because it give off a relatable vibe to a lot of people, and reflects the condition the world is in today with a man in office who seems to be cut from the same cloth whom is the leader of the free world, and holding the Trump card.

master
Report comment
(5y)

There are likely vast hidden depths to Joaquin Phoenix based upon his beliefs, dedication to staying in character in self-parody (I'm Still Here) versus profound ability as a complicated assassin with feelings in You Were Never Really Here. He's made everything from Her which few actors can portray as they largely carry the entire film.[Tom Hardy achieved the same kind of greatness in Locke.] Then made a wonderful bio pic in Walk the Line that lesser actors would have been ridiculed for even attempting as Johnny Cash is so wildly popular.

Do we really need another comic book film? Isn't this just ruining film by tying up vast fortunes that could have made 10-20 other films? It doesn't seem wise.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,213 reviews • 122,589 films • 18,497 TV series