This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,615 reviews
122,366 films • 18,472 TV series

Cooking with Bugs - Recipes for a Greener Planet (278 views, 20 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Eating BUGS to save the planet ? smiley It is more than just a new fad like the Tide Challenge. The propaganda machines around the world are dishing it out pretty thick. See for yourself.
Search: Eating bugs to save the planet.
You will probably find at least a million articles by now. How wonderful it is, and how much better it is going to be when you start eating BUGS. smiley

So for all you diehard fans of the Green New Deal and The Great Reset , this is is special.
Just for you! smiley smiley smiley

+2

guru
Report comment
(1y)

Yummy!

+1

guru
Report comment
(1y)

+1

guru
Report comment
(1y)

Share your favorite BUG recipe !

Bon Appetite!!!

+2

Hide 3 replies...

@CanyonD hahaha. It may come to this in order for us poor folks to get our daily in take of protein. Meat is getting too expensive

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Children are being given bug meals in school already. Search it.
www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/05...

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Intentionally. I'm laughing at all this like its a joke. But it's as real as a pop tart. smiley

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

This is all a trick. There is no way these people, especially the first bloke were really enjoying those bugs. Until I see one of the Flake girls eating a bug hot dog like it's a Flake, I will not be trying any bug dinners smiley

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM I read an article that reported that school children in Wales are being fed bug meals.
news.yahoo.com/school-children-b...
World famine ,and food shortage will be everywhere soon. This is intentional. Once our currencies become worthless, bug meals and lab grown meat will be made available so long as you are in compliance. Next on the agenda is the recycling of corpses. Like in the movie Soylent Green.

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@CanyonD According to that article, this is to help tackling childhood obesity. Whether bugs are healthy eating or not, there's no way 70-80% of the kids liked them and cleared their plates, especially the fat kids!

+1

God
Report comment
(1y)

About 3 year back i was speaking to a guy that owned a sweet shop and he was telling me something about insects being used in sweets (can't remember all the details).

I think this is what he was talking about:
recipes.howstuffworks.com/food-s...

"that gives them their red to pink hue. Carmine, a natural red dye also labeled as cochineal extract, E120 or natural red 4, owes its beauty to a teeny tiny creepy crawler. Yep, that's right, a bug. The female cochineal bug to be precise."

And yes i was smiley

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@PureVodka🍺 Read all your food labels, keep an eye out for cricket or worm protein along with the rest of the toxic chemicals smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@CanyonD Look out for Castoreum too smiley

www.vice.com/en/article/a3m885/a...

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM smiley Save The Beavers! Just eat Bugs! smiley

master
Report comment
(1y)

NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley NOPE smiley.... smiley absodamnlutely not.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Fads, again. It would never solve the problems regarding food, which isn't even in shortage to begin with or the great unnatural cattle over-saturation. In fact, this same mindset thinking is much more than likely re-creating the same problem. Insects are essential to the biodiversity of the planet and we're already wreaking too much havoc on that. Not all insects are edible anyway. It's silly in an easily dismissible way.

+1

guru
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Roaches are in abundance. They are easily cultivated. Just feed them water and scraps.
Perhaps a cock roach souffle would be to your liking, or a hot plate of stir fried roaches.
www.rovepestcontrol.com/if-you-c...

Roach Stir-fry:

Ingredients
7-10 American Cockroaches (periplaneta Americana), or 5 hissing cockroaches
1 onion
1 green pepper
5 cups of rice
2 teaspoons of ginger powder (fresh ginger can be substituted and is actually preferred)
Vegetable oil
Salt (to taste)
Directions
Make sure to remove the wings and legs of the roaches. These will not be needed in the recipe.
Boil the rice
In a wok, add about three teaspoons of vegetable oil. Heat the oil, add the vegetables and heat for three to five minutes. You will want the vegetables to be crisp.
In a separate pan, heat about three more tablespoons of vegetable oil and fry the cockroaches about 30 seconds to a minute (do not over-fry them, they cook quickly).
Read more

+1

expert
Report comment
(1y)

guru
Report comment
(1y)

Warning! If you have an allergy to shellfish, you will probably have an allergy to hard shell BUGS too.
www.poison.org/articles/eating-b...

guru
Report comment
(1y)

guru
Report comment
(1y)

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,615 reviews • 122,366 films • 18,472 TV series