This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,645 reviews
122,376 films • 18,475 TV series

Closing frozen//hijacked-windows//pages without turning the pc of. (2312 views, 9 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(7y)

This can be done in " 4 " clicks without turning your pc of/on. <br> <br> Ring a bell. <br> <br> <br> 1)RIGHT click at the bottom of the page. <br> <br> <br> <br> 2)Click on " Task Manager " in the box that pops up. <br> <br> Then follow steps 3 & 4 below. <br> <br> <br> Remember you will lose any work you were doing.

+5

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@PureVodka🍺 Thank you for posting this!! Can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. I think this would be useful for new users who may not come back bc they think they will get a virus. <br> THANKS AGAIN

+3

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Some of the hijackers lock down the whole screen so try either: <br> <br> 1. Hold Alt & press Tab - tab it until the option for desktop is selected then release... then follow PV's instruction on opening task manager. <br> <br> or <br> <br> 2.the trusty old ctrl-alt-delete can get you to the task manager.

admin
Report comment
(7y)

Wow you learned windows!)))

+3

master
Report comment
(7y)

I keep my cursor on the x if it even tries to load another tab, I smack it down first. These Microsoft fakes have become shear torture. I can find nothing to block it.I cannot to seem to word it properly, I would love to build a filter but uses to many different urls and names.

+2

skilled
Report comment
(7y)

as i've told purevodka and other users, i use 3 extensions in chrome.. <br> <br> chrome.google.com/webstore/detai... adguard adblocker <br> <br> chrome.google.com/webstore/detai... adblock pluss <br> <br> chrome.google.com/webstore/detai... popup blocker pro <br> <br> i've been using the site daily for years and not seen this nor any other popup/add once while using all 3.

+3

Hide 1 reply...

@awol_lsd Thank you! Hopefully ends the "Microsoft Critical Alert" crap... <br>

admin
Report comment
(7y)

Please report those links. Thanks.

+1

guru
Report comment
(7y)

Sometimes I have to hold the escape (ESC) button so that I can close the window. But what ever I do I try never to press any link located in those dab nabbit pop-ups.

+1

God
Report comment
(7y)

This is a useful thread and saves users from having to turn their device off and then back on.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,645 reviews • 122,376 films • 18,475 TV series